Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mounting JRI coilovers

Mounting JRI coilovers

The JRI coilovers and separate smartphone JRide unit require a custom mount made. So, KC of BRG Racing used one of his favorite toys: a portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM).

The tech measures the mounting holes and distances around the area to create on the CAD program a cylinder mount, which is used with a CnC KC owns to cut out of a solid block of 7075 aluminum. I will share the picture of the mounting scheme later.

I'm still confused why the factory mounts aren't adequate. I guess I'll see soon enough. I see a spherical rod end on the upper, presuming that is the front shock on the table. Factory is just a threaded shaft.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Quote Originally Posted by lifespeed View Post
    I'm still confused why the factory mounts aren't adequate. I guess I'll see soon enough. I see a spherical rod end on the upper, presuming that is the front shock on the table. Factory is just a threaded shaft.
    The stock mount will not work with most aftermarket performance shocks. Thus, a custom mount must be made. On the table is a the shock with the JRide controller in red tied together with bi-directional hi psi hoses.

stock front mount works fine for coilovers, My ridetech's fit and ride fine and have adjustment capabilities. stock rear mounts not designed for load bearing.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
    The stock mount will not work with most aftermarket performance shocks. Thus, a custom mount must be made. On the table is a the shock with the JRide controller in red tied together with bi-directional hi psi hoses.
    I thought JRI was going to match the stock shaft threads in order to retain stock travel.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    stock front mount works fine for coilovers, My ridetech's fit and ride fine and have adjustment capabilities. stock rear mounts not designed for load bearing.
    Agreed and Ridetech are good coilovers. Coilovers such as those below are not designed for Mercury Marauders and will need customer mounting.

Bilstein PSS9
    Koni
    HKS Hipermax Max4GT
    KM Variant 3
    H&R Club Sport
    D2
    KSSport GT Pro
    Tein Street Flex
    JRi

The ridetechs come with a mount designed for panther chassis that mounts to stock shock tower. I don't need $8k shocks and $2k+ custom mounts.

2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    The ridetechs come with a mount designed for panther chassis that mounts to stock shock tower. I don't need $8k shocks and $2k+ custom mounts.
    Glad you are happy with what you have. Now let me do the same.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    What an EPIC FAIL and total waste of money!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Cant wait to see the finished product. I hope you enjoy the new system.
    I really wish more companies would build aftermarket parts for these cars but it looks like aside from a few, we are alone to build our own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackdombles View Post
    Cant wait to see the finished product. I hope you enjoy the new system.
    I really wish more companies would build aftermarket parts for these cars but it looks like aside from a few, we are alone to build our own stuff.
    Thank you. They simply did not make enough Marauders for enough years to support the parts business. But, where there is a will, there is a way.

Your car your money.
    Be happy, you will have one of one.
    People say but why, because why not.

Enjoy doing your car your way.
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Oh, and now a portable cmm is on my wish list.

Very very cool.
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    Your car your money.
    Be happy, you will have one of one.
    People say but why, because why not.

Enjoy doing your car your way.
    I agree.....Over the top build!!
    ...but I do want to know the total outlay when your Marauder is complete!
    (I bet you could have bought a FORD GT instead)
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Blog Entries
    06-30-2005, 03:22 PM
    Pacammer

Trader: (0)
    Post Feedback
    Can a Marauder hold its own on the track with a Lamborgini?
    To make a short story long I own an 04 DTR Marauder. It has had all the Dennis, Zack/Mac majic done to it. In the past 2 years it has won 3rd then 2nd place in the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA.
    I am a member of the Eastern Pantera Club. We co sponsor a track event at Pocono International Raceway yearly with various other Italian Car Clubs such as Lamborgini, Maserati, and Ferrari. Since my Pantera is in pieces I asked and was permitted to bring the Marauder to the track to run. As I stated in a post a while back I am not a drag racer. I use my car every day and in the snow so I opted for a centrifigul vs. roots type supercharger. I have not changed my rear end ratio. I do however like to run in track events.
    Well I lined up to run with 19 other cars, all newer model Italian high performance exotic cars. We run NASCAR wise, counter clockwise. We used turn 1, turn 2, then an infield course that has a 270, three 90's, two 75 degree turns and a chicane, then we enter back onto the main staight with 2/3 of that straight available before turn 1.
    Well boys and girls I have to tell you after 5 laps everyone in attendance was looking at this Canadian maufactured, Dearborn Sedan. It ate cars like it was at an Italian buffet. Not only did the Marauder hold it's own on the banked turns it passed most and stayed with the best of them in the infield. Comming out of the infield onto the main straight I devoured them. The available touque was awsome. I ran with the antilock brakes and overdrive off. Down the straight going into turn one, 135 mph+ easy. 130 mph+ into turn 2 and an average speed through the infield of 60+ mph.
    The transmission mods worked great, that baby knew when to down shift upon hard braking. The supercharger spun up smoothly so the ass end never kicked out. Dennis's total package and the Zack/Mac control arms worked flawlessly.
    After I came off the track nearly everone came over to see the car. Most of these folks told me they thought it was a joke putting the DTR on the track against these 6 figure cars. On day two I repeated the same results. No fluke.
    A lot of exotic car owners have a new found respect for our "Family Sedans / Cop Cars". Needless to say I had a blast.
    Sorry for the long story but I just had to brag a little. Enjoy your Marauders they are all special.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump