Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: line lock

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Bugsyc, what are you not seeing here? The ONLY line you remove and reroute is the front master cylinder line (Closest to headlights)..

In order.
    1)Foot on brake.
    2)Fluid in front line now goes to linelock, instead on distribution block.
    3) fluid leaves linelock and now heads to distribution block.

It really is tthat easy.

You brought up a good point however. Traction controlled cars are hooked up differently or do not work well or at all. I can't recall that hook up.

Yes you need a bender, they can be had for about $4. Also yes you will need two 1/4" IPS brass plugs if yours doesn't come with them. Mine is a Hurst roll control bought used for like $40.

I hope this clears things up.
    Sent from my Ally while ruling the world from my toilet.
    IIRC, the cars with TC need to be hooked up with a pair of line locks, after the ABS/TC unit. For those of us that need to lock the front wheels to do a burnout.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

line lock again

OK guys,I got it now...Thanks for all the help.It is quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    IIRC, the cars with TC need to be hooked up with a pair of line locks, after the ABS/TC unit. For those of us that need to lock the front wheels to do a burnout.
    What does IPS stand for??

Bugsyc, what are you not seeing here? The ONLY line you remove and reroute is the front master cylinder line (Closest to headlights)..

In order.
    1)Foot on brake.
    2)Fluid in front line now goes to linelock, instead on distribution block.
    3) fluid leaves linelock and now heads to distribution block.

It really is tthat easy.

You brought up a good point however. Traction controlled cars are hooked up differently or do not work well or at all. I can't recall that hook up.

Yes you need a bender, they can be had for about $4. Also yes you will need two 1/4" IPS brass plugs if yours doesn't come with them. Mine is a Hurst roll control bought used for like $40.

I hope this clears things up.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.I understand the process now..Just waiting for the part to get here..You are a gentleman.Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by bugsyc View Post
    What does IPS stand for??
    International Pipe Thread.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Bob,I want tothank you publicly for your patience with me..I know what I need to get and what to do thanks to you..You're a good guy.Thanks again...bugsy.... Will post completed pics

I'm getting ready to do this. Does the antilock brake module need to be opened to bleed the brakes properly? I had all kinds of bleeding issues when I replaced my master.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    I'm getting ready to do this. Does the antilock brake module need to be opened to bleed the brakes properly? I had all kinds of bleeding issues when I replaced my master.
    If the master cylinder was bench bled before installation there would be minimal air to get out. If the you do need to get air out you'll most likely need the ABS scan tool to cycle the ABS pump.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I noticed that it was mentioned that '04's with traction control need two line locks after the ABS. Is this true?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    If the master cylinder was bench bled before installation there would be minimal air to get out. If the you do need to get air out you'll most likely need the ABS scan tool to cycle the ABS pump.
    I did bench bleed it but had a hell of a time getting the air out of the system, even with opening up the abs module. In the end, speed bleeders gave me the best results.

NO! Don't touch it.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    I noticed that it was mentioned that '04's with traction control need two line locks after the ABS. Is this true?

It's been done with one Jim but a few had issues. Seems two is the easier way?

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

NO! Don't touch it.

Builder Of Badassery
    Alrighty then.

What's your opinion of the SS lines Bob? Worth the money vs improvement potential?

Alrighty then.

What's your opinion of the SS lines Bob? Worth the money vs improvement potential?

Ask anyone here and the answer is yes. After driving many many Marauders with them and comparing to my stock lines, I personally see NO difference. Put a little concrete under your boots, she'll stop plenty fine with a heavier foot.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Well, I changed out all the lines with new oem when I revamped the entire braking system. I thought these would be a nice addition to my Hurst line lock and save me the trouble of bleeding the system again if I do it later, but won't go there if it is not a not a big performance advantage.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information