Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If all goes well...I'll be flying out Friday to drive home a SB Marauder...

Great score! ----the hardest part of getting in registered in LA, is waiting in line at DMV...(I was 8 years living in Baton Rouge/Addis...) maybe you'll run it down at NPR in Belle Rose...was only $10 bucks on WED nights...

Quote Originally Posted by MercLSU View Post
    In general the car was as advertised. As particular as I am there were some things I found that bugged me; fortunately they were relatively small and none were deal breakers. Driveway to driveway was 715 miles. Not a ton of fun after a 5:00 AM flight, but I made it. I've driven vehicles maddeningly slow to crap-your-pants fast, rattle your teeth stiff to cushy as a couch...but my first impression is that this car is a really nice mix of all of those cars in their stock form. The wheels are turning as far as plans for the car, but for once I'm going to stick to the plan and keep things stock and simple until the F250 and Mustang are "done".

Though I'm legal to drive it, I've kept any other trips to a minimum and within the neighborhood until I can get it properly registered in Louisiana. Once that's taken care of in the next day or two, I'll transfer car seats and prep it for daily driver duty. The 64 cents the previous owner spent on each cheesy drilled rotor is pretty obvious, so I'll want to change those along with the pads. The rubber is new but the car wasn't aligned because it drove "straight as a whistle". I could go on and on but I don't want to dog the seller who I feel gave me a good deal and was as up front and honest as they were able to. What I mean to say is that I'll probably start a thread about "Crazy things the previous owner has told you"...
    Glad you made it home safe! Car looks FAB!

Unless buying from a member here, most folks who bought these cars simply treated thwm as regular cars (money pit), and over the years most cheaped out on even small regular things when faced with normal expensive repairs... So your new thread will be a great one.

Can't wait to hear more!

Marty O tune, brake kit (or steel braided hoses min), SBC camber bolts mod (if needed to align) Monroe severe duty shocks (or KYB), and watts link and rear control arms are generally the first modification most members will list.
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 04-01-2019 at 07:40 AM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I'd leave those pinstripes. 5000 other SB out there that are stock, and those little stripes are tasteful unique.
    clean car with 96k for 2/3 cost of a 65k car? you did the right thing.
    Low mile cars can be the opposite in 'driving' value to a higher mile car.
    Drive it and enjoy it!
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Thumbs up Marauder

Congrats on your recent acquisition. Pinstripes look good, car appears very clean overall. How about a custom plate for the front? Consider an aftermarket moonroof? Maintenance up to date? The anti theft tire valve stem caps with the Mercury logo are crap - stay away from them. You can buy custom valve stem caps with the Mercury logo on them through eBay for a fraction of the price.

I picked up my immaculate, low mile example in Michigan about this time last year - the cooling system, transmission had never been serviced since new and the differential was serviced in 2006 when an axle seal was replaced. Had all of this brought up to date before I left Michigan for North Carolina. Marauder has made the desirable pilgrimage to Mo's Speed Shop in Dallas, GA twice and a few minor gremlins repaired in the meantime.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information