Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Mercury Marauder - Luxury Land Missile

Thumbs up 2004 Mercury Marauder - Luxury Land Missile

Story behind my new avatar.

"When it came time to retune the car, Tom brought in Scott Beer of Pompono Beach, Florida, to reprogram the ECM. At the end of the day, the Marauder spun the rollers to an earth-shaking 772 rwhp and 643 lb-ft of torque sans nitrous. With a tune for race fuel, it was time to head back down the quarter-mile. After heating up the Nittos, Tom dropped the hammer when the light turned green and blasted down the strip to an 11.32 at 129 mph.

Although happy with his Marauder's newfound legs, there was more left to be uncovered. To get this 4,500-pound monster out of the gate, a 100-shot wet-system from Zex was added for the launch. With the car retuned for an initial hit of giggle gas, Tom headed back to the track. With the tires hot and the converter torqued, Tom let his Marauder fly to the tune of a sick 10.90 at 132 mph. The much-improved 60-foot time of 1.77 was exactly what he was looking for.

In November of 2008, Tom loaded up his Marauder and headed to Commerce, Georgia, for the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout at Atlanta Dragway. Now with full slicks, he was able to soar down the track to an incredible 10.40 at 135 mph.

"Of all the cars I've had, the Marauder has been the most fun, and the best daily driver of them all," Tom tells us. "The amount of power it puts to the wheels is astounding, yet it maintains its civil driving nature on the street. It's a beautiful, luxury-based ride. I can take the wife to a fine restaurant, or haul the grandkids to various events and yet blast down the quarter-mile in 10 seconds. It doesn't get any better than that." We couldn't agree more.”

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...cury-marauder/
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Jerry Irwin - member lji_372 owns that car now..Tom sold it to finance a business project
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Jerry Irwin - member lji_372 owns that car now..Tom sold it to finance a business project
    Interesting bit of trivia for sure. Same guy who makes stainless COTs and dead pedals….
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Jerry has 4-5 Marauders, most supercharged
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Interesting bit of trivia for sure. Same guy who makes stainless COTs and dead pedals….
    They are all supercharged, but the real number that he owns is classified.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Quote Originally Posted by Comin' in Hot View Post
    They are all supercharged, but the real number that he owns is classified.

This is true, even his wife doesn’t have a total count, which was probably intentional.... just sayin’

Tom’s old car has been retuned with “enhancements “, we generally tape a “taxi” sign to the moonroof and prowl for victims at Woodward, I mean, it’s just a cab, how fast could it be? Here kitty kitty kitty, gotta love the taste of hellcats on cool Michigan evenings.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Seen it in My city one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Know the original owner and been with and seen that car several time and especially when he did the 10 sec run--was a great view and feat at the time. Tom is a great man and supported us all well .. Wear his shirt with pride when worn....always loved his gray painted flag scheme on rear panels---
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    This is true, even his wife doesn’t have a total count, which was probably intentional.... just sayin’

Tom’s old car has been retuned with “enhancements “, we generally tape a “taxi” sign to the moonroof and prowl for victims at Woodward, I mean, it’s just a cab, how fast could it be? Here kitty kitty kitty, gotta love the taste of hellcats on cool Michigan evenings.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've secretly lusted after this SB, and remember when it was sold.

I am now ready to call it mine! $8.01

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I’ve read that article a few times over the years, I had no idea it was now part of Jerry’s collection!

Anyone talk to Tom these days? I met him in person like 9 or 10 years ago when he was in NJ for his job, can't remember the last time I've spoken with him.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Anyone talk to Tom these days? I met him in person like 9 or 10 years ago when he was in NJ for his job, can't remember the last time I've spoken with him.
    I talk to him now & then . He still lives in florida but moved from Coral Springs to central Florida. He & his wife are doing well. Great Guy !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    I’ve read that article a few times over the years, I had no idea it was now part of Jerry’s collection!
    He's only had it for 6-7 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra25 View Post
    I talk to him now & then . He still lives in florida but moved from Coral Springs to central Florida. He & his wife are doing well. Great Guy !!!!
    Good to hear they're doing well, it was great having him out to a local mini meet at a local small town car show oh so many years ago.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    He's only had it for 6-7 years or so.
    I guess I don’t pay close enough attention!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information