Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parking brake

parking brake

if i have the parking brake on and i shift to reverse it stays on. when i put it into any other gear it releases. what gives
    2006 GTO. Lingenfelter CAI, V-Max Polished Throttlebody, Vararam TB Spacer, SLP Ceramic LT Headers, SLP High Flow Cats, Custom X Pipe, QTP electric Cutouts, Flowmaster 40 Mufflers, Livernoise Stage 2 Heads and Comp Cam Stage 2 Cam 232/232 .050 @ 114 lsa, custom built transmission with a pro torque 2800 stall. HOPE I HIT LOW 12'S OR HIGH 11'S , CAUSE IM A BROKE MO FO! SOLD

New technology...

I know what you're thinking though. My 79 Lincoln releases in R, D, 2, and 1. Some engineer (and I'm gunna be one of these someday mind you) decided you should be backing into your parking spot, and pulling out, not vise versa...

nexstar:The dealer will tell you "they all do that" if they have the auto release that is!

My parking brake does not hold the car. : ( on the fix list now. Canadian auto plants must be gettin hammered harder than the U.S. plants. Never heard of a parking brake not workin on any car before... pathetic! It's almost as lame as no active supension or wheel locks. It's just plain embarrasing.
    2003 MM 300 A
    1984 F150 "STEPSIDE"
    "cause I COULD"

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    vader, that's something that should have been checked and corrected in the dealer PDI
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

nexstar:

What you are experiencing is the normal and proper operation of the auto-release..."they all do that"...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Re: parking brake

Originally posted by nexstar7
    if i have the parking brake on and i shift to reverse it stays on. when i put it into any other gear it releases. what gives
    It's in the "OWNERS MANUAL!"
    Last edited by Murader03; 03-04-2003 at 02:33 PM.

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

WolfeBros Guest
    WTF !!?? Yours came with a manual ????? WOW a rare 300M
    But does it have T/C and moonroof ?

J/K

Originally posted by WolfeBros
    WOW a rare 300M
    Isn't that a Chrysler?

i guess i was a little to excited in driving it, instead of reading the book. but it still doesnt make sence.
    2006 GTO. Lingenfelter CAI, V-Max Polished Throttlebody, Vararam TB Spacer, SLP Ceramic LT Headers, SLP High Flow Cats, Custom X Pipe, QTP electric Cutouts, Flowmaster 40 Mufflers, Livernoise Stage 2 Heads and Comp Cam Stage 2 Cam 232/232 .050 @ 114 lsa, custom built transmission with a pro torque 2800 stall. HOPE I HIT LOW 12'S OR HIGH 11'S , CAUSE IM A BROKE MO FO! SOLD

MARCH 15 1ST NEW YORK MEET!

WolfeBros Guest
    Nextstar7.....you are exactly right. It does not make much sense.
    Other LM products I have owned.....released the parking brake in forward or reverse. This one doesn't. Go figure. Cost reduction ?

LML......Dang you are right again.......it is a Chrysler.....lol

i did find it in the book. i think it stupid. but what are you doing to do. i guess i'll live with it.

Originally posted by nexstar7
    MARCH 15 1ST NEW YORK MEET!
    nexstar is this the one in long island?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information