Thread: NHL Adopts New No-Games Business Model

NHL Adopts New No-Games Business Model

TORONTO (DPI) - The NHL announced today that it will permanently adopt a new business model in which the league will not play any actual hockey games in the future. "When we saw that we lost less money by not playing any games than we did playing a full season, the new not-playing model just made sense," said Commissioner Gary Bettman. "By not paying any of the expenses associated with putting on a game, we can concentrate on our strengths, like selling old Hartford Whalers jerseys and showcasing Gordie Howe's cryogenically preserved body around the country." The latter strength Bettman mentioned came as a surprise to Howe, who, technically, is neither dead nor cryogenically preserved. On the heels of this announcement, several U.S. airlines are looking into whether to follow the NHL's lead and convert to non-flying operations.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Oddly enough, bookmakers are still giving Toronto the same odds of winning the cup.

2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Caleb
    Oddly enough, bookmakers are still giving Toronto the same odds of winning the cup.

excellent!

Thread Information