Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2ND annual Eastern Regional @Cleveland

2ND annual Eastern Regional @Cleveland

Berry you mentioned that the next one might be in New England,Well who ever going to take on the hosting duties will have a hard time topping this.Thank you and Jessica(and Gage) for being the ultimate hosts.You had every angle covered,and to everyone who showed up it`s great to place the names and faces together.I will be looking forward to more of the Buckeye events.Iwill post more pics on the gallery soon.
    Last edited by Hack Goby; 05-24-2004 at 10:14 AM.

Did you guys (and gals) get a track night in?

Who would have thought that Bob (RF Overlord) would look so good in shorts. The women must have been going wild!!!

Quote Originally Posted by martyo
    Did you guys (and gals) get a track night in?

Who would have thought that Bob (RF Overlord) would look so good in shorts. The women must have been going wild!!!
    We were a half hour from going to the dragstrip when the rains hit.However the alternative was just as good(Whitey`s booze and burgers)

EAMM-II.....A Success!

We had a blast, that's for sure!

Friday we toured the Rock Hall and and had lunch on a lake barge. After lunch we toured the WWII sub USS Cod. While in the sub, and preparing to exit, the tour guide on the deck looked in on us and said "stay in there!, something bad is coming!" He then promply shut the hatches and half of us were locked in.

Hmm, we walk to the aft and crawl up to the observatory and poke a head out the hatch....it was dark as night! One of those rogue thunderstorms came in off the lake and all hell was breaking loose! Heavy rain, strong winds, and yes, more hail. What a blast weathering a storm in a sub, and that thing got to rocking quite nicely. Some folks were hiding in the marauders, and poor Doc sought refuge under a small tent and got soaked.

Needless to say, it took the overall storm 40 minutes to subside, and in 2.5 hours the sun was out again. Unfortunately, all the tracks had closed, and Dragway42 had over a foot of water in lane two. No racing. So we went to a local bar and partied on.

Saturday was great weather, and great socializing. We ate, ate, ate...
    I did inventory this morning, and was surprised to see we went though 35 burgers, 30 hot dogs, 8 lbs of beef tenderloin, 14 lbs of top sirloin steaks, 12 lbs of Black Grouper, and one pot each of beans and potatoes. There were a ton of deserts, I missed out on those, but saw lots of empty trays!

We killed a super rare bottle of aged Scotch Haggis brought. A bottle of vanilla Absolut, and from what I can gather, 70-80 beers. I have waaaay too much beer left! Someone come and help me finish it!!!

We traded mucho stories and examined cars. Took test drives, and laid burnouts!

Too much fun, can't wait for Indy, and can't wait for EAMM-III
    Last edited by CRUZTAKER; 05-23-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    2017 Niro

I have requested a gallery section in the events section for the 2nd Annual Eastern Regional meet from Logan this morning.

Therefore hold those pics for just another short while, and let's get them into a catergory like we did with Hershey!

Thanks again in advance to Logan.
    2017 Niro

Barry and Jessica,

Thank you very much for the invitation...Heather and I enjoyed every minute. Putting all the faces with the "handles" was very interesting. We hope to see as many of you as possible in Indy...can't wait to meet everyone on the highway and cruise west in a big group! Talk to you all soon.

-Mat & Heather
    2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    Trilogy Eaton Intercooled Supercharger #200
    483 RWHP 471 RWTQ @ 13.5 lbs of Boost 2.8" Pulley
    11.76 @ 116.25 1.65 60ft
    17,500 Miles

P.S.

Haggis - Thanks for the ride in Kenny Brown #8!! I have awesome video from that ride...hope I can find a way to post a link to that video so others can enjoy! You now must bring real "Haggis" to every other get together we have. I enjoyed it! Talk to you soon.

-Mat & Heather
    11.76 @ 116.25 1.65 60ft
    17,500 Miles

Yes...We did all that, and a lot more than y'all are reporting on here...

One great weekend!

Thanks!

Definitely a kisk ass time for all who attended.
    As Ive said before to some, the reason this event was so good is because we left the hoods closed for 99% of the event and focused on BS and getting to know each other.
    A perfect time indeed.

Some pics showing up....!

HERE
    2017 Niro

----------
    Last edited by mpearce; 05-23-2004 at 06:55 PM.
    11.76 @ 116.25 1.65 60ft
    17,500 Miles

More comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Daily 03
    We attended the 2nd Annual Eastern Regioinal Event this week end and what a great event it was. Everything was perfect except for the late Friday Afternoon Storm that wiped out the Drag Racing for Friday Evening. I want to Thank Barry for putting on such a enjoyable event, Jessica for all of the great dishes that she prepared, and Gage for letting me play in his Sand Box.
    It was nice to match faces with names on the net. Looking forward to Marauderville II.

Later Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke
    A big THANK YOU to Barry, Jessica, and Gage for a wonderful weekend. Gordon and I had a great time. It was great seeing you and all of our Marauder family.

It took us 5.5 hours to get home. That's better than the 9 hours to get to Cleveland on Thursday night after getting stuck on I-70 in Ohio for two + hours. We weren't moving due to an accident 4 miles ahead. The three guys in the pickup next to us asked "What kind of car is that?" SO ... we popped the hood and Gordon started telling them about the car. A few minutes later, the truck drivers were coming over to see what all was going on. Isn't it incredible all the attention the Marauder gets.
    2017 Niro

SixAppeal Guest
    Like Mat said.. we had a fantastic time meeting everyone on Saturday. Barry and Jessica your home is beautiful, thanks so much for everything!!! Can't wait for Maruaderville. Mack thanks for the keys.. you rule

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by SixAppeal
    Like Mat said.. we had a fantastic time meeting everyone on Saturday. Barry and Jessica your home is beautiful, thanks so much for everything!!! Can't wait for Maruaderville. Mack thanks for the keys.. you rule

Heather
    Hey Heather! Welcome to the site! Gordon and I enjoyed talking with you and Mat on Saturday. Look forward to seeing you guys in Indy!

Have you seen Mat's video yet?
    Widowmaker

A great weekend!!!

Diane and I met a great group of friends this weekend. We enjoyed the camaraderie, along with the good food, cold beer, fast cars, etc... Thanks to all involved, especially Barry and Jessica for all the work and planning, not to mention the re-work and cleanup after all the storms that kicked up last week. You were excellent hosts. Thanks for the invitation. Hoping we get to see everyone again soon.

Ken
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information