Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPC Camber kit

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrillb2 View Post
    I'm well aware. He was asking the name. I provided it. I work in a shop that averages 15-20 alignments a day. I've installed more then my fair share.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

SPC Camber kit

Update

The alignment Firestone tech f’d the hell out both my spc bolts. Looks like he never loosened the nut in the back when he tried adjusting the bolts and seemed like he tried adjusting it from the front washer cause the passenger camber washer is scratched pretty bad and looks bent. Also the thread is messed up on both bolts so looks like ima have to order new spc bolts and pay my mechanic to do the install again. Put the stock bolts back in and the steering wheel is way more centered for now..

Passenger side camber

Drivers side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chi Stallion; 03-15-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

Getting them from Christ at adtr.net, his come with spider washers that grip into a arm as these have been known to move
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Getting them from Christ at adtr.net, his come with spider washers that grip into a arm as these have been known to move

Just ordered the bolts from adtr.net website hopefully they get here quick

Another update I called the Firestone hotline and complained about what kind of a bad service they did and the alignment tech damaging my bolts and the labor I paid my mechanic to install them. They settled me out and paid me 250 which is for the spc bolts they damaged and the labor I paid my mechanic.

Moral of the story is don’t trust the idiots at Firestone cause they will try to cover up and lie.

300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

It's not "Firestone" it's that tech. I'm sure of the hundreds of Firestone locations, some locations are bound to have decent techs.

I work for a shop that has over 120 locations. Each location is only as good or bad as the guys in that location. I know my company has some seriously bad locations. But we also have some really talented guys in other locations.

My advice, have a conversation directly with the tech and vet them on their knowledge of what you want done. Don't feel comfortable with them, move along and find another spot.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    1.56 60' 6.80 1/8 @ 104 mph 10.5 1/4 @129 mph
    #BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

SPC Camber kit

It's not "Firestone" it's that tech. I'm sure of the hundreds of Firestone locations, some locations are bound to have decent techs.

I work for a shop that has over 120 locations. Each location is only as good or bad as the guys in that location. I know my company has some seriously bad locations. But we also have some really talented guys in other locations.

My advice, have a conversation directly with the tech and vet them on their knowledge of what you want done. Don't feel comfortable with them, move along and find another spot.

Well they did say you can’t come back to this Firestone location anymore I said, “that’s fine”.

No matter what, they still can’t cancel my Lifetime Alignment Warranty either. So I can still go to any Firestone location I want, but at this point I don’t want to deal with no more headaches and shady techs that try to spin customers and lie.

The alignment tech tried to cover up his mess saying he did loosen the nut in the back (which was a lie clearly) and he’s been doing alignment for 27 years. I interrupted that clown and told him, “no you didnt” and he said I’m not explaining this anymore and walked back to the bay. Only if that idiot knew he was dealing with a Wilson Fisk Kingpin like me. It was a cold T.K.O. knockout

I also have a video too that I recorded when the car was on the lift and you can clearly see the passenger side cam washer was scratched while the alignment tech was tryna explain where he wants the adjustment. I think that’s what sealed the deal to get that Firestone service manager to settle me out cause I clearly have the proof in the video that it was damaged at their shop.

Last edited by Chi Stallion; 03-19-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints

So much wrong with this thread......

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    So much wrong with this thread......

Care to explain what I did wrong ?

300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints

Hey Chi: sorry to read about this, next shop definitely explain exactly what you want and what happened before,I'd print out your bolt pics.

I'd stay away from any generalized negative Firestone comments if you are going to a Firestone store...main thing is ---this will be fixed at another shop and you will be cruising down the road. Nothing to gain by reliving this experience. Good luck, and Marauder on!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    Hey Chi: sorry to read about this, next shop definitely explain exactly what you want and what happened before,I'd print out your bolt pics.

I'd stay away from any generalized negative Firestone comments if you are going to a Firestone store...main thing is ---this will be fixed at another shop and you will be cruising down the road. Nothing to gain by reliving this experience. Good luck, and Marauder on!

Thank you I appreciate that. I moved on and learned the hard way.

300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Stallion View Post
    Care to explain what I did wrong ?

The way I understand your posts...

You bought the kits.

You paid a tech to install them. Said tech didn't clearance the frame per the instructions. And he simply installed the kits.

You took the car then to get an alignment elsewhere. Said alignment tech seemed to try pretty damn hard to adjust your kits to the specs you wanted. But because the first tech who installed them didn't clearance the frame, the alignment tech couldn't get the needed rotation from the cams. This is where your kit damage most likely occurred. The bolts are damaged because the alignment tech was trying to force their rotation but the cams themselves wouldn't rotate. So the bolts started to egg the holes in the cams.

So you brought back to the guy who didn't complete the job the first time, he completed the job.

You brought it to a different shop who did get it adjusted. But gave you a pretty **** alignment if at the very least your steering wheel isn't remotely close to straight.

But it's all Firestone fault.

Atleast that's how I interpret your posts anyway.

I strongly suggest he doesn't grind into the control arm bushing itself.
    Last edited by cheapthrillb2; 03-19-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    1.56 60' 6.80 1/8 @ 104 mph 10.5 1/4 @129 mph
    #BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

SPC Camber kit

The way I understand your posts...

You bought the kits.

You paid a tech to install them. Said tech didn't clearance the frame per the instructions. And he simply installed the kits.

You took the car then to get an alignment elsewhere. Said alignment tech seemed to try pretty damn hard to adjust your kits to the specs you wanted. But because the first tech who installed them didn't clearance the frame, the alignment tech couldn't get the needed rotation from the cams. This is where your kit damage most likely occurred. The bolts are damaged because the alignment tech was trying to force their rotation but the cams themselves wouldn't rotate. So the bolts started to egg the holes in the cams.

So you brought back to the guy who didn't complete the job the first time, he completed the job.

You brought it to a different shop who did get it adjusted. But gave you a pretty **** alignment if at the very least your steering wheel isn't remotely close to straight.

But it's all Firestone fault.

Atleast that's how I interpret your posts anyway.

I strongly suggest he doesn't grind into the control arm bushing itself.

I made a mistake when I said he wants to drill more in the control arm bushing in my 3rd post #10. That was my fault and I misheard what my mechanic had explained. It was the frame crossmember he had mentioned. I will mention that to him again about the clearance in the frame hole. He watched the video and said he did everything right just like the video. So I will make it clear to him again.

300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Stallion View Post
    Update

The alignment Firestone tech f’d the hell out both my spc bolts. Looks like he never loosened the nut in the back when he tried adjusting the bolts and seemed like he tried adjusting it from the front washer cause the passenger camber washer is scratched pretty bad and looks bent. Also the thread is messed up on both bolts so looks like ima have to order new spc bolts and pay my mechanic to do the install again. Put the stock bolts back in and the steering wheel is way more centered for now..

Take the bolts to the store manager, they owe you new ones. The store is responsible for what their techs do. What a hack.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

Quote Originally Posted by MyBlackBeasts View Post
    Take the bolts to the store manager, they owe you new ones. The store is responsible for what their techs do. What a hack.

They already paid me 99.07 is what I paid for the bolt kit and 150 for my mechanic labor fee’s so they gave me back a total of 249

300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints

Firestone’s have been hit or miss for me over the years. I finally found one in Wheaton (danada area) that did a SUPERB job on my truck and my car both. He wasn’t real happy with either as they both received all new steering and suspension everything prior to coming in and even though I counted the threads and reinstalled the same amount of turns, the world isn’t a perfect place and man was the alignments jacked!

He was just rubbing me though, super cool older guy that really took his time on them and dialed both to perfection. I’ve never had an alignment so dead on before in just one visit..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information