Thread: Modified the triple gauge cluster...

Exclamation Modified the triple gauge cluster...

Modified the triple gauge cluster in my car. Using an autometer angle ring, I repointed the trans temp gauge back in my general direction...

My paint match isn't exact, but it's alot better than what it looks like in the picture dangit!!

nice,... but where do you plug your radar detector at now?

Logan - The gauges look great. Very nice job. What the factory should have done.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

V1 is hard wired in... Hardwired it into the power for the gauge cluster and routed the wire up the A pillar, under the headliner and it pops out right where the detector is mounted at the top of the windshield...

WolfeBros Guest
    Same place and way I installed my V1.
    Gauge install looks great. I think you are getting better each time you do it.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Looks great, and much better now with that angle ring
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Angle rings come in packs of three, so I'll have a couple with me at ennis if anyone wants one...

Is there any reason why you didn't add the rings to the other two stock gauges? I would have to make things look more complete. I did it in my Cobra.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks great,

I bet only you would notice the paint. (I do that all the time, look too close at my own work.)

Is it me or is there a light between the first & 2nd guages?

Jay
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

...The stock two gauges are already canted towards the drivers. The 3rd gauge with the ring on my cluster is in a perfect symmetrical line...

Yes, That LED between the first and second gauge is actually the Lidar jammer power/alert LED...

Hey Logan, I'll take one of those rings! Think I'm gunna put in an A/F gauge like yours down there.

Thread Information