Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truth in Advertising

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Truth in Advertising

Just saw a FORD commercial that is pretty darn accurate and truthful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_9218dTXXY

Typical clueless Honda owner wasting their side mirror (they never use them anyway!)....and a confused VW owner wandering from lane to lane.

The commercial is much better than that douche actor and a pack of other actors talking about Chevy's reliability surveys .... ....
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Interesting. But I am always wary of "driver-assist technology". Like my father says, if you need something to "help" you parallel park, take a turn or change lanes, you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    Interesting. But I am always wary of "driver-assist technology". Like my father says, if you need something to "help" you parallel park, take a turn or change lanes, you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.
    I completely agree....I was not a fan of all these driver assist systems.
    But then I thought:
    "What if these systems helped the countless idiots on the roads to avoid their daily Beltway clogging accidents?"
    Now, I'm all for them!
    Personally, I don't want, nor need them in my vehicles.
    I've turned off almost all the driver assist features on my 2018 Fusion Sport.
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 01-09-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)

Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    I completely agree....I was not a fan of all these driver assist systems.
    But then I thought:
    "What if these systems helped the countless idiots on the roads to avoid their daily Beltway clogging accidents?"
    Now, I'm all for them!
    Personally, I don't want, nor need them in my vehicles.
    I've turned off almost all the driver assist features on my 2018 Fusion Sport.
    Whatcha leave on Willis?

The more gadgets they put in them, the older I want my daily driver to be.

I want to drive

I don't want to be chauffeured around in a rolling computer

I must be old
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Now if they could just integrate auto lane change signaling for the entitled ones in the $50,000 and up category that NEVER bother giving the common curtesy!!!

Or better yet “auto ditch mode” to save me hassle of thanking them when they cut me off and Then. Slow. Down... Especially the pompous ass that takes the open lane in front of me at the red light then proceeds in full blown grandpa mode.

Okay, had to get that off my chest. Driving a company van SUCKS. Come the weekends I don’t play nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I guess it's great for the countless terrible drivers out there, maybe it will save me from filling out a few more accident reports, but I'll pass on any of that stuff in my own vehicles.

Driving in damp conditions after rain today in CVSport (yes this car got rained on) and during a wide quick fast left turn... Rear of car started to drift right and traction control kicked and limited the "drift". Two thoughts in succession: 1) I would have been fine (while a regular schmo would have totaled thier car), and 2) Glad I wasn't driving the 300A.

Next progression of thoughts were along the lines that 90% of the folks NEED the assistance... Which makes the road safer for ALL of us.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Arrow

It you try to make something idiot proof, the world create a more betterer idiot.

*Too stupid to live - nature's way of culling the herd.
    Last edited by gdmjoe; 01-10-2019 at 12:16 PM.

wonder if that girl with the Chevy volt ever figured out where to fill up the gas tank....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtNGkqfsJZk
    Last edited by Agent2006; 01-10-2019 at 12:28 PM.

gadgets = more things to break. I even hate ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Whatcha leave on Willis?
    The lane minder is annoying.
    The 'heads up' collision alert is wayyyy too sensitive.
    I don't ever use the adaptive cruise control.

The BLIS back-up/blind pot/side view mirror warning system is handy and I do use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    gadgets = more things to break. I even hate ABS.
    I like a well designed ABS....especially on snowy and icy roads.!
    I can't modulate/pump the brake pedal nearly as fast as a good ABS system.
    But....my '99 Ranger has a rudimentary ABS system and it is pretty much useless.
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 01-11-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    But....my '99 Ranger has a rudimentary ABS system and it is pretty much useless.

As bad as the Marauders ABS?? This car has nearly killed itself three times that I can remember. Probably the only three times I’ve used the ABS and I think it actually picked up speed! At the last possible second I let off and switched between pumping and ABS repeatedly to get it to halt. Probably more related to the dreaded stock BFGs back then but damn. My ‘14 van is the same way with new Generals. USELESS. Everything else I own seems to work really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Rented a Tahoe a few years back that had all the nannies and didn't realize it. When it decided to make its presence known it almost gave me a heart attack. Lights and buzzers all going off, seats vibrating, things flashing up onto the windshield just because I started to exit slightly before the white line on the exit ramp moved sharply to the right and I passed over it.

I learned how to drive a car with drums all around so I learned to leave plenty of room between myself and the surrounding cars. I'm not a tailgater and generally not a speeder either. We wouldn't need all this nannie crap if parents took the time to teach kids to pay attention to something other than their cell phones. Guess it's a good thing kids aren't overly interested in getting their drivers licenses as soon as they can. I can remember trying to figure out how to get a farmers license so I could drive at 15 or 16 can't remember, ultimately didn't figure that one out so 17 it was.

Car nannies=Parental fail.

Adaptive cruise is the best especially when that guy Bob comes across that cuts you off and then slows down. Then you pass them and they speed up to get in front of you to slow down again. lol
    ~Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information