Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am now a MM owner

I am now a MM owner

Well I thought I would share y'all, after all these years owning Crown Vics, as of 11-15-16, I now own a Marauder too. It is not much of one at the moment, but I was the high bidder on it for $1650.
    A 2003 black 300A with flint interior and 191k. It is a theft recovery or something and is in bad shape but I am going to bring it back to life and make it my DD. About the only Marauder specific exterior part that is any good are the taillights.

The good:
    No rust, or dents in the body shell or doors!
    All glass is good.
    Taillights are mint.
    Does roll, steer, and stop.

The bad:
    The whole front clip is pretty much shot! nothing that bad, but there is SOMETHING wrong with all of it.
    Motor&transmission, Passenger seat & center console missing.
    Carpet torn in several places.
    Radio ripped out.
    Driver seat torn-up/worn-out.
    Wiring harness cut/torn at main plug that goes to the engine.
    Trunk lid & reverse light panel both damaged.
    Small tear in rear bumper cover.
    Last edited by LSCR351; 12-19-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Rebuild it and find the love of your life. I did.

black with light flint is rare..like 175. hope you cansave it.. and hope you are aware that a lot of the stuff is not available thru Ford anymore, seat skins, bumper covers, grilles, head lights...etc.. 03-05 grand marquis is the same front clip...there are some aftermarket lights, grilles etc...trunklid is same as cv and grand marquis..although a cv reverse panel will fit, it is not the same and obsolete at Ford. for a marauder one. it may take a while to find all the pieces, there at a few part outs that happen on here and parts come up for sale too regularly.so watch the for sale sections..items go quick.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I am defiantly going to rebuild it. I have several Panther cars for parts: 03 MGM, 03 p71, 05 LX, and several 92-02 Panthers.

My current DD is a 04 P71. I can/will use any parts needed of it too.

This is in no way going to be a restoration, just a driver. I love my 04 P71 as a driver but the paint is in such need of repair on the roof and driver door. And some more front damage from my wife driving it off a little 12' cliff.

I having a hard time what to use for a drivetrain. Here is some of the stuff I have laying around for options. 93 Mark VIII short block. 2001 Cobra heads and intake. 97 Cobra cams. 03 Navigator 5.4 DOHC. 97 Cobra t45. 2001 Cobra 5-speed. 44cc TFS 2v Heads. Saleen 2v supercharger.

Right now my biggest dilemma is the transmission. I think I would like to stay with an automatic. I have several 4r70w's, as well as two 4r75's. My question is what is the best of the 2?
    Panther #1, The "PO-RAUDER"
    99 P71 ex-investigators car. Mods/Upgrades: 1.75"/1.25" drop, 180*stat, Blackend headlights, 20% tint, Power gas door release, 3 Infinity 10"s, Marauder corner lamps, rear bumper, trunk panel, & air-box, Factory fog lights, 10 series Flowmasters, G35 Coupe 18" rims, 80mm Mark VIII air-meter, Factory keyless entry, FU/Satin Green paint, Smoked & striped taillights, "Protect The Panther" FL tag.
    Upcoming Mods: WAP aluminum block w/ non-PI pistons, 2v TFS heads, MP112 supercharger, ABS brake swap.

Panther #2 The "NIGHTMARE"
    03 Marauder 300A. Theft recovery project, turned DD.

Congratulations on your new MM!

There are certain marauder items needed from an engine that can fit on other blocks. I'm not an expert on all of the small info like that. Youi might be building sort of a hybrid out of your items to select so some may or may not come into play. I believe the 4r75 is stronger than the 4r70 in some regards. There is a member here, 88grandmarq, that is pretty much an expert on the various ford trans as he rebuilds them for a living in GA. maybe send him a pm
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Just find another wrecked marauder with a lot of the parts you need, it'll go back smooth

Congrats on the purchase
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I have so many Panther parts I shouldn't need to buy much. My wife did order METCO rear control arms for my Christmas gift though!

I am going to have to replace the wiring harness so that is really like my first step right now. I just don't know if I should go 04 harness so I can have the 4R75.

I hope the 88grandmarq guy will respond soon, or another transmission guru!

I did pull the carpet & seats out the other day and got all the roaches, dirt, and leaves out. It is clean enough to eat off on the inside now. The dash turned out real nice, but I don't think the headliner is going to make it.
    The Marauder rims are long gone. Right now there are 3 getto chrome 20"s and a steel 16", but at least they hold air. I did buy a set of 19" Mustang rims&tires cheap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the purchase and keep us updated.

Congratulations on the MM any mods to come???

Keep us posted... Good luck

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Well I have spent the last 6 hours reading about transmissions and I think I have decided to go with a 4R70W not the 4R75W. There is not much difference in them and I could not understand any advantage to a 4R75W compared to a 5.4 version 4R70W.

I was just leaning to the 4r75w because of the abuse the one in my 2004 P71 has endured. Full throttle shifts from reverse to drive(only 3 times), 4-2 downshifts (maybe 300 times), 3-4 upshifts (maybe 80 times), No fluid changes in 40k miles that I've owned it. But maybe a 4r70w could have taken that too.

So I guess this means my transmission decision, and therefore my wiring harness, is figured out. Looks like as soon as weather permits I will be pulling a wiring harness. I am actually excited!

So now I have this question; I have a 2003 MGM and a 2003 P71, which harness would be best to use in the MM?

Quote Originally Posted by SOSA03 View Post
    Congratulations on the MM any mods to come???
    Thanks for the congrats from all y'all.

I am not sure to the extent I will be modding this. Remember it is just a cheap DD, and a replacement to my beat up Crown Vic.

At this point it is a toss up between: 2001 Cobra heads and intake on a 93 Mark VIII motor, A supercharged 2V, and a 03 Navigator 5.4. I don't see the 5.4 happening.

Oh, and what can I use off an 04 Lincoln Aviator motor? I have one of those with a BAD rod knock.

Well I pulled both wiring harnesses today! The one from the Marauder, and the one from the 03 P71. I wanted to use the MGM harness because of the automatic headlight feature, but it is a late 03 so it has no hood light or power gas door, and it has the digital dash which I don't care for so much .

I thought I would update. It has been a long road, but I got the MM back on the road a few days ago and am loving it! I ended up going with a lot of parts from a 2003 Crown Vic P71, An aluminum 2valve motor from a 2002 Explorer, and a Saleen supercharger. I did manage to get some pretty neat stuff, such as: a FGT fuel pump. 80mm Lightning MAF, OEM black headliner and visors.

I am having a issues though. I have an AirBag code for the passenger seat airbag. And I am
    get a transmission range sensor code, but no symptoms
    Panther #1, The "PO-RAUDER"
    99 P71 ex-investigators car. Mods/Upgrades: 1.75"/1.25" drop, 180*stat, Blackend headlights, 20% tint, Power gas door release, 3 Infinity 10"s, Marauder corner lamps, rear bumper, trunk panel, & air-box, Factory fog lights, 10 series Flowmasters, G35 Coupe 18" rims, 80mm Mark VIII air-meter, Factory keyless entry, FU/Satin Green paint, Smoked & striped taillights, "Protect The Panther" FL tag.
    Upcoming Mods: WAP aluminum block w/ non-PI pistons, 2v TFS heads, MP112 supercharger, ABS brake swap.

Panther #2 The "NIGHTMARE"
    03 Marauder 300A. Theft recovery project, turned DD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information