Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distillery Warehouse Collapse Causes 9,000 Bourbon Barrels to Crash

Distillery Warehouse Collapse Causes 9,000 Bourbon Barrels to Crash

The Bardstown fire chief, Billy Mattingly, told the Kentucky Standard half of the Barton 1792 Distillery’s storage facility collapsed Friday morning, with the other half in danger of buckling underneath and falling.

A spokesperson for Barton Brands said no one was injured when the building collapsed.

“Right now we’re trying to determine why it collapsed,” Mattingly said, adding that the spilled bourbon might pose a fire hazard if several forecasted storms make landfall in the area:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...barrels-crash/
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Wow! Mike get in here! What did you do??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

9000 barrels of bourbon on the wall, knock one down, 9000 barrels of bourbom on the ground
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Oh my, better go buy your stash of good bourbon. Prices on their way up no doubt!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I'm thinking National Day of Mourning. I'm going out right now to lower my flag to half staff. Should we send a rescue party?

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

today the news mentioned how many fish were killed from some of it running into the water

Quote Originally Posted by tutbo2256b View Post
    today the news mentioned how many fish were killed from some of it running into the water
    Yeah... but they died happy!

I wonder if they would let you eat the dirt under the collapsed warehouse?......
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

I wonder how many barrels survived.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    I wonder how many barrels survived.

The warehouse held 20,000 barrels and half of it collapsed. They estimated that 9,000 barrels were in the collapsed section. From the looks of the pics, I would guess that 50-60% survived the fall. Those on the lower ricks were probably crushed from the weight above. IIRC from our distillery visits, each barrel weighs 450 pounds. So, that's 2,025 tons that fell. Considering the age of some of these warehouses, I am surprised that this doesn't happen more often.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

A rescue party must be ready for anything…

Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Sales must have been slow.....

callapse

I used to get a thank you card from them for having to start a third shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    The warehouse held 20,000 barrels and half of it collapsed. They estimated that 9,000 barrels were in the collapsed section. From the looks of the pics, I would guess that 50-60% survived the fall. Those on the lower ricks were probably crushed from the weight above. IIRC from our distillery visits, each barrel weighs 450 pounds. So, that's 2,025 tons that fell. Considering the age of some of these warehouses, I am surprised that this doesn't happen more often.

I bet the majority survived because of shape alone.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Distillery Warehouse Collapse Causes 9,000 Bourbon Barrels to Crash

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post

I remember asking myself about the integrity of the storage buildings while touring the some of those distilleries.

On another note. I would love to grab some of those broken barrels.

Last edited by guspech750; 06-26-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Great quotes!!
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    I remember asking myself about the integrity of the storage buildings while touring the some of those distilleries.

On another note. I would love to grab some of those broken barrels.

No doubt. I was more than a little nervous at some of them and could never ever imagine opening the doors and allowing tours thru them if I was the owner!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information