MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > Announcements > Welcome Forum

Welcome Forum Please stop in and say Hello!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-12-2019, 09:46 AM
MercLSU's Avatar
MercLSU MercLSU is offline
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 28
Trader: (0)
New member; no Marauder...yet.

I've owned more Mustangs than I care to remember but recently downsized the stable in hopes of getting into a couple of other bucket list vehicles. The one I kept is a '65 Fastback. I also checked another one off of the list a few months ago when I found a '97 F250 crew cab short bed / 7.3 DI.

Neither of these are exactly daily drivers, so that's where a Marauder comes into play. I've lost out on a couple of low mile Crown Vic LX Sports recently and got bitten by the Marauder bug while searching. Been lurking here for a while reading / watching the classified and finally decided to sign up. Lots of awesome cars, members, and information here. I've enjoyed the reading and really appreciate the knowledge base.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Bronxxx Bronxxx is offline
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Stoney Creek Ontario
Posts: 19
Trader: (0)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercLSU View Post
I've owned more Mustangs than I care to remember but recently downsized the stable in hopes of getting into a couple of other bucket list vehicles. The one I kept is a '65 Fastback. I also checked another one off of the list a few months ago when I found a '97 F250 crew cab short bed / 7.3 DI.

Neither of these are exactly daily drivers, so that's where a Marauder comes into play. I've lost out on a couple of low mile Crown Vic LX Sports recently and got bitten by the Marauder bug while searching. Been lurking here for a while reading / watching the classified and finally decided to sign up. Lots of awesome cars, members, and information here. I've enjoyed the reading and really appreciate the knowledge base.
Welcome aboard! I joined late last year and love it. Everyone is very helpful and there are some very knowledgeable owners; I’m not.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Guittard22's Avatar
Guittard22 Guittard22 is online now
punish the road
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westport, Ma
Age: 34
Posts: 3,784
Trader: (35)
Welcome to the site - just make sure you buy a marauder before buying parts ha ha - that's what I did!


Look At the for sale adds on the site find a lot of nice rides from members here - may even get a deal
__________________
2003 MM 300A
#738 of 7,838 BLK
Build date: 6/6/2002
Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455




COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant


http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:07 PM
MercLSU's Avatar
MercLSU MercLSU is offline
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 28
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxxx View Post
Welcome aboard! I joined late last year and love it. Everyone is very helpful and there are some very knowledgeable owners; I’m not.
Thanks! I know a little about a lot of things, always looking to learn more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
Welcome to the site - just make sure you buy a marauder before buying parts ha ha - that's what I did!

Look At the for sale adds on the site find a lot of nice rides from members here - may even get a deal
Thanks! I'm a parts hoarder and every time I sell a car and lose my rear end on the parts I had in reserve...I swear never to do it again. Only to do it all over again....

Been stalking the for sale ads daily; my unicorn is a low-mile, rust-free, silver birch Marauder within a few hours of Baton Rouge. Since that will never happen, I'm looking just about everywhere. I'm normally not afraid to take on a higher mileage car or car that needs a bit of work, but I'm looking for something to be rock solid reliable for the next year or so while I get my other two vehicles where I want them to be.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:10 PM
MercLSU's Avatar
MercLSU MercLSU is offline
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 28
Trader: (0)
Speaking of the others I figure I'd share a picture or two, since y'all are 32v guys. The 32v will more than likely be coming out of the '65, so having that extra motor is another plus for going with a Marauder.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Jtrip's Avatar
Jtrip Jtrip is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: T-Town
Age: 46
Posts: 339
Trader: (0)
Welcome. Love the sig pic! No MA'AM!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:06 PM
crownvic97's Avatar
crownvic97 crownvic97 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 27
Posts: 832
Trader: (4)
Welcome to the forum!

Be patient and you’ll find what you are looking for. SB is what I was looking for too but I settled for black as I have big plans for the car anyways.

Good luck with the hunt!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Spectragod's Avatar
Spectragod Spectragod is offline
Willing to meet up half way
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: over here, with the 40's of beer.
Age: 16
Posts: 8,735
Trader: (45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercLSU View Post
Speaking of the others I figure I'd share a picture or two, since y'all are 32v guys. The 32v will more than likely be coming out of the '65, so having that extra motor is another plus for going with a Marauder.

I dig the mustang, I too was looking for a SB, bought a DTR, the slowest color supposedly, then modded it a little . It is posted in the F.S. section, not exactly a DD, but throw some regular street tires on the back and enjoy the smoke show.
__________________
I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........






When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "


Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!




Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:51 PM
Mr. Man's Avatar
Mr. Man Mr. Man is offline
GAME OVER, YOU LOSE!
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moreau Island
Posts: 11,417
Trader: (2)
Welcome. Just wondering why specifically a 1997 F-250 was on your bucket list?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Agent2006 Agent2006 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Oxford, PA
Posts: 250
Trader: (0)
Welcome and ...wow... did you ever run the '65 at Capitol Raceway or No Problem Raceway? What ET did you get?

I lived down in BR for 7 years, great state! Louisiana...I had 2 5.0 verts, a 2001 GT, two LS1 Formulas, and a 401 AMX.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-13-2019, 04:37 PM
Invective's Avatar
Invective Invective is offline
Supporting Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Age: 62
Posts: 773
Trader: (4)
Thumbs up Welcome!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Marauderdom!

__________________
Current Garage:

2004 DTR Marauder
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2006 Ranger XLT Extended Cab 4 Door 4.0L 4WD
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2015 Triumph Trophy SE


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-13-2019, 11:19 PM
MercLSU's Avatar
MercLSU MercLSU is offline
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 28
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrip View Post
Welcome. Love the sig pic! No MA'AM!
I've never scored four touchdowns in one game unfortunately, but perhaps four goals in a different sport or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Be patient and you’ll find what you are looking for. SB is what I was looking for too but I settled for black as I have big plans for the car anyways.

Good luck with the hunt!
Thank you very much. I'm hoping to get something that will serve as a reliable daily driver for a few years until I have the same big plans for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
I dig the mustang, I too was looking for a SB, bought a DTR, the slowest color supposedly, then modded it a little . It is posted in the F.S. section, not exactly a DD, but throw some regular street tires on the back and enjoy the smoke show.
It's odd...white / silver vehicles have always spoken to me but I always seem to end up with black cars despite swearing off of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Welcome. Just wondering why specifically a 1997 F-250 was on your bucket list?
My daily driver is a 2006 Nissan Titan King Cab. It's up there in miles but the main issue I have with it is not being a true four door / crew cab. It's a PITA to let my son out during car pool (i.e. jumping from the rear to the front) and difficult if not impossible to carry a passenger on the rear driver's side. Thus I need four doors. Due to the responsibilities I have with my own home, my parents', in laws, work, etc., a truck is a necessity.

So I looked for crew cab trucks that suited me. The price of newer trucks is absurd and I don't particularly care for their looks. The OBS 7.3 DI crew cab short bed spoke to me. Maybe not quite as rare as Marauders but over time it's probably close. Opinions may vary but if money were no option and I wasn't considering truly classic trucks earlier than 1980, these are by far my favorite. I was a teenager in the 90s and always liked them. I like the sound of the oil fired injectors and don't mind that they sound, smell, and handle like a school bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
Welcome and ...wow... did you ever run the '65 at Capitol Raceway or No Problem Raceway? What ET did you get?

I lived down in BR for 7 years, great state! Louisiana...I had 2 5.0 verts, a 2001 GT, two LS1 Formulas, and a 401 AMX.
Never ran it at State Capital Raceway, though I more or less grew up there. Ran a number of cars there and I do miss test and tune nights until No Problem Raceway killed it. To be honest I was scared to push the 32v too much originally, though I'm letting up there. I still plan to remove it and replace it with a SBF due do space and other concerns. I was about two seconds away from an LS conversion but just couldn't do it. The SBF donor is ready so the 32v, once given a once over, will be waiting in the wings should it be needed...

Why'd you leave La? Certainly not because of the food I'm sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invective View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of Marauderdom!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-14-2019, 12:05 AM
1Marauder's Avatar
1Marauder 1Marauder is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,416
Trader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercLSU View Post
Thanks! I know a little about a lot of things, always looking to learn more.



Thanks! I'm a parts hoarder and every time I sell a car and lose my rear end on the parts I had in reserve...I swear never to do it again. Only to do it all over again....

Been stalking the for sale ads daily; my unicorn is a low-mile, rust-free, silver birch Marauder within a few hours of Baton Rouge. Since that will never happen, I'm looking just about everywhere. I'm normally not afraid to take on a higher mileage car or car that needs a bit of work, but I'm looking for something to be rock solid reliable for the next year or so while I get my other two vehicles where I want them to be.

Welcome!

The best part of buying a Marauder is the trip driving it home. While I don't recommend this for other cars, I do recommend it when buying a Marauder.

BTW, I have brought THREE CARS sight unseen with people from this site going to view these cars forme... And giving a thumbs up each time. And I've driven Rt 66 in a CVSport Chicago to Ca, a Marauder from Tennessee to CA, and a Marauder PHX to CA... All epic road trips.

If you are serious and have "X" amount to spend, you can post it in Marauder's Wanted.



Let us know what you are looking for!

Good luck!
__________________


2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-14-2019, 12:01 PM
MercLSU's Avatar
MercLSU MercLSU is offline
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 28
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
Welcome!

The best part of buying a Marauder is the trip driving it home. While I don't recommend this for other cars, I do recommend it when buying a Marauder.

BTW, I have brought THREE CARS sight unseen with people from this site going to view these cars forme... And giving a thumbs up each time. And I've driven Rt 66 in a CVSport Chicago to Ca, a Marauder from Tennessee to CA, and a Marauder PHX to CA... All epic road trips.

If you are serious and have "X" amount to spend, you can post it in Marauder's Wanted.



Let us know what you are looking for!

Good luck!
Thanks! The advice is much appreciated. I just created a WTB ad. I have a few that I'm looking at around the country, mostly in California or Arizona. Been stalking Craigslist through SearchTempest, eBay, Facebook marketplace in most metro areas, and a host of other internet aggregators. I've thought about starting a thread to ask what people think of some of the cars, but have shied away from that as it may be a member's car and I don't want to rub anybody the wrong way.

I'm not afraid of the drive, but getting enough time off of work or away from family responsibilities is difficult at the moment. So depending on location, I may have to ship something and that also plays a part in the budget. My boss needs a car shipped from CA (LA area) soon so that may be an opportunity to defray the cost if I find something in that region sooner than later. If I do pull the trigger I figure I can pay somebody here a few bucks to look a car over first, as some have suggested.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Member - New Marauder??? Paco Bell Welcome Forum 2 05-10-2017 11:00 AM
New Marauder wannabe member from AZ Black_Sunshine Welcome Forum 25 02-14-2015 09:56 AM
New member and new Marauder owner! Robmassmarauder Welcome Forum 26 03-26-2014 09:31 PM
New Member (non-Marauder owner) D.Jobin Welcome Forum 11 10-21-2009 06:43 PM
*Another New Member- Mills Marauder* Cobra25 Sunshine State Marauders 9 10-11-2006 05:52 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2017 - MercuryMarauder.net