Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 15S39 LCM Bypass Recall - Documented

What is the Ford allocated time for the task?
    2003 Marauder 1907 of 7838
    Built 06/24/02 Bought 10/25/02 Sold 1/5/19
    Reinhart chip,stat,plugs
    McGard locks
    Mercury logo valve/plate bolt caps
    Bob White black reflective letters
    Pioneer AVH-X2500BT
    Kicker 10" sub and 250 watt amp
    Gods Head spinners by Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What is the Ford allocated time for the task?
    1.3 Hours
    Which is on the light side, given that LCM replacement for the previous recall was 0.6(w/ adjustable pedals)
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

Well, this thread scares me. I was at the dealers with my car to get the mod when I read it. Talked to another patron getting the same thing done and he said the service manager said 1/2 day. Since I am retired I told the service manager he could keep the car 2 days.
    Reinhart chip,stat,plugs
    McGard locks
    Pioneer AVH-X2500BT

Well, this thread scares me. I was at the dealers with my car to get the mod when I read it. Talked to another patron getting the same thing done and he said the service manager said 1/2 day. Since I am retired I told the service manager he could keep the car 2 days.
    I just received a letter from Ford about this fix; it is a hack job if I have ever seen one. There is no way I will allow them to do this to my Marauder. I will run the Dorman piggyback unit I described earlier until it fails, and then I will send my LCM out to fastblacķmerc for repair. 🤠

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

Good Luck!

Let us know what problems you encounter after the modification.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post
    I just received a letter from Ford about this fix; it is a hack job if I have ever seen one. There is no way I will allow them to do this to my Marauder. I will run the Dorman piggyback unit I described earlier until it fails, and then I will send my LCM out to fastblacķmerc for repair. 🤠

Just completed 2 repairs / upgrades this week.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I have no idea why I've never heard a peep from Ford about this or the previous recall. ? Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Can't wait to get mine back. SO I don't have to keep kicking mine or rapping on it with a screwdriver handle. I picked a good week to send it off. Supposed to rain for days here. Thanks Fastblack 0--=--0
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Hokey smoke! Are you certain you want to crawl under the dash to unsplice all those wires?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    I have no idea why I've never heard a peep from Ford about this or the previous recall. ? Weird.

Are you the original owner? If not the LCM may have been replaced under a previous recall.

Or Ford may have no record that you own the car.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

I think you hit on something; although I am the original owner, the LCM failed early on, along with the radio around 2005 and both were replaced back then. I would think tho that LCM would the same as the first so would have been part of the other recall, but maybe they installed a newer one.

I'm not going to worry about it, just glad I'm on the site here and learned about this kludgy workaround so I can avoid it.

MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    I think you hit on something; although I am the original owner, the LCM failed early on, along with the radio around 2005 and both were replaced back then. I would think tho that LCM would the same as the first so would have been part of the other recall, but maybe they installed a newer one.

I'm not going to worry about it, just glad I'm on the site here and learned about this kludgy workaround so I can avoid it.

Unfortunately Ford replaced the LCM (when they could get them) with one that had zero improvements, so it's a matter of time until that one fails.

Just an FYI... Ford will only do one replacement / fix of the LCM on their dime.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Unfortunately Ford replaced the LCM (when they could get them) with one that had zero improvements, so it's a matter of time until that one fails.

Just an FYI... Ford will only do one replacement / fix of the LCM on their dime.

Thanks for the info; can't say I'm surprised at that.

Due to another failed work item I decided to see if the mod was actually done. It was easy to tell.

Reinhart chip,stat,plugs
    McGard locks
    Pioneer AVH-X2500BT

Sent mine out on Monday, got it back on Saturday, installed on Sunday. Everything works as it should, tucks up nicely, never to be disturbed again.

The car runs better, looks better and gets better fuel economy too!

(The last sentence is embellishment, but an unsolicited testimonial non-the-less)
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information