Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many are left

How many are left

It seems every week I here about a marauder being wrecked or in a junk yard makes me wonder how many can be left

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mad man View Post
    It seems every week I here about a marauder being wrecked or in a junk yard makes me wonder how many can be left
    I wonder the same maybe 6k left lol by 2029 it should be about 3500 or so left
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A

imo it does not maen anything on how many are left . these are not high dollar in demand gotta have cars . the ones for 20k plus no matter what just does not bring back the chips . at least not what ihave seen in the past fours years or so . my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by mad man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    Charlie (Bluerauder) had a great chart showing expected surviving numbers over the years...
    Here's an update as of 2018. Just an estimate based on an attrition model .....

Remaining MMs: 2,356 (21.3%) (1,589 - 2003 and 767 - 2004)

Black (JPB): 1,733 (1,589 - 2003 and 295 - 2004)
    Silver Birch (SB): 323 (85 - 2003 and 238 -2004)
    Dark Toreador Red (DTR): 234 (all 2004 models)
    Dark Blue Pearl (DBP): 66 (all 2003 300B models)

Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post

Based on grapes falling off of the vine?!?! An interesting chart...
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

This makes my 18,600 mile Marauder even more rare and valuable.
    Well worth the $19,000 asking price!

Someone buy it before I start modding it with a Coyote.... please!

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...d.php?t=105661
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 06-29-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Remaining MMs: 2,356 (21.3%) (1,589 - 2003 and 767 - 2004)

Black (JPB): 1,733 (1,589 - 2003 and 295 - 2004)
    Silver Birch (SB): 323 (85 - 2003 and 238 -2004)
    Dark Toreador Red (DTR): 234 (all 2004 models)
    Dark Blue Pearl (DBP): 66 (all 2003 300B models)

that makes them rare as someone else said there not big buck cars just cool
    2004 dtr 1237 of 3214

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Based on grapes falling off of the vine?!?! An interesting chart...

A little more sophisticated than that ... But still just an estimate.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Most of the cars that are "big buck" cars now were just cool 20 years ago (or at some point).

I vividly recall not buying the old well cared for plum purple Hemi challenger because it had too many miles for $10,000... And even worse, Almost bought a real GT40 white stripes on blue, low mile, for $94,000 instead of our first house. Car is $1.5MM today.

Point is of all the American cars from the era before are headed up, the Smoky and Bandits are on thier way up, The Buicks are up, the SS Impalas are headed up... And we can hope the Marauders are headed up.

A 30,000 mile 2004 Silver Birch w light Flint sold this week for $15,900, which I think is low (I've been following this car - I think it sold in Kingman AZ last year or year before and I was next in line to buy it this time). And while this is admittedly not a high price, this is the same price the first Marauder I lost out on buying sold for 8 Long years ago... the good news is, it sold in only two days which is really really fast.

Thus Marauders are now (and have been) truly holding thier value. I projected this 6 years ago: We've survived the low point of value... And really have only one direction for values to go, and that is up.

We do need to do our share and help create more upward momentum, by keeping our rides clean, and keeping the Marauder mystic alive with all we come into contact with. We can gather all the Marauder articles, and share the data. We need someone in media or advertising to help create an epic exposure, a magic moment, whether in an article, a movie, or a cool celeb moment, we just need to create the environment to catch a viral wave. Jay Leno's garage... Comedians & coffee... Count's custom (I submitted)
    Something like this.

We are sooo close!

PS BTW Just saw it the other day! Men in Black... 1st movie... Driving to the pawn shop where all the cool guns are... Parked accross the street facing the camera... Black Marauder is shown plain as day. Just saw ithe movie again with my 17 year old son, and pointed it out to him, "JC.. There is YOUR CAR!" He was actually impressed, as this is his era. If only the Marauder had been K's car... Or even better Will Smith's car.

We need a tipping point to get the There.

PPS All the rich high school kids LOVE JC's HPP Crown Vic! The think it is cool, they think it is "smooth"... They love the bench seat (cause to them this is RARE- They grew up with bucket type front seats!
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 06-30-2018 at 08:58 AM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

13500 on e bay trilogy sittin there . second time listed . no bids as of today . somewhere around 45/50 k . what does that say ?? I don't know ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by marauderrocks51 View Post
    13500 on e bay trilogy sittin there . second time listed . no bids as of today . somewhere around 45/50 k . what does that say ?? I don't know ?????????
    It says people are scared to spend money. cuz they're too worried about the economy which makes it worse in the long run. Thats why several Big Chain department stores continuing to close. There's several interest in the trilogy Marauders and the Mercury Marauders in general. people just don't have the money right now. not that the car is not worth it. I know a lot of people who say they would love to buy Marauder. just don't have the money right now. That doesn't mean the marauder should be sold cheaper because they don't have money! Porsche's not going to drop their price neither's Bentley!

thank you for the political insite . bottom line is ive closely watched this market for four years , and as of now thecash is not coming back . and remember I have two 04s and the trilogy is in hemmings .im on your side but the nums are not . thank you .

How many are left

Quote Originally Posted by Themarauderguy View Post
    It says people are scared to spend money. cuz they're too worried about the economy which makes it worse in the long run. Thats why several Big Chain department stores continuing to close. There's several interest in the trilogy Marauders and the Mercury Marauders in general. people just don't have the money right now. not that the car is not worth it. I know a lot of people who say they would love to buy Marauder. just don't have the money right now. That doesn't mean the marauder should be sold cheaper because they don't have money! Porsche's not going to drop their price neither's Bentley!

Sounds like ******** to me. The Economy is Growing at a rate of 3% per Quarter and on track to continue that course. Haven't seen rates that high since 2005 ... A full 13 years that included ALL of the Obama years.

The Stock Market is up, Unemployment is down. Tax cuts put more cash in Everyone's Take Home pay. People are spending money all over. Just came back from the Mall and the parking lot was full, restaurants are full and have a wait list. Theaters are full and new ones are opening. Water parks are crowded, Amusement parks are crowded. Hotels are booked weeks if not months in Advance.

The closing of stores like Toys-R-Us and Best Buy and Department Stores is just a reflection of a change in dynamics and a shift to On-Line shopping. There is a constant stream of FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, and Amazon delivery vans on my street every day of the week. If ANYONE is worried about the Economy, I certainly see no indication of it around my area.

One dynamic that hasn't changed is that people still want value for their money. If they think that the product is overpriced, it will just sit on the shelf. That's how it works. If they want it badly enough, they'll pay whatever it takes.
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 07-02-2018 at 05:35 AM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Sounds like ******** to me. The Economy is Growing at a rate of 3% per Quarter and on track to continue that course. Haven't seen rates that high since 2005 ... A full 13 years that included ALL of the Obama years. The Stock Market is up, Unemployment is down. Tax cuts put more cash in Everyone's Take Home pay. People are spending money all over. Just came back from the Mall and the parking lot was full, restaurants are full and have a wait list. Theaters are full and new ones are opening. Water parks are crowded, Amusement parks are crowded. Hotels are booked weeks if not months in Advance. The closing of stores like Toys-R-Us and Best Buy and Department Stores is just a reflection of a change in dynamics and a shift to On-Line shopping. There is a constant stream of FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, and Amazon delivery vans on my street every day of the week. If ANYONE is worried about the Economy, I certainly see no indication of it around my area. One dynamic that hasn't changed is that people still want value for their money. If they think that the product is overpriced, it will just sit on the shelf. That's how it works. If they want it badly enough, they'll pay whatever it takes.
    I don't know what world you're living in but in the real world people aren't spending big bucks. big money like they used to on anything. trust me I know the high up ppl at department stores like Sears and others who have told me the numbers aren't that high and Cooper compressors. Another big Corporation. so don't tell me that people are spending big money. Lol sure the economy may look better to a few, but people are still scared to jump out of pocket and I know several people!!! I have lots of family all around the United States I think I know what I'm talking about. And the only people that want the MM price to drop down are people who want to get them for cheap. I'm used to the kind they're the same ones who think that they have a right to get everything cheap because that's all they want to spend so I guess if you sell your house and someone says they don't feel they should pay more than $50. your supposed to drop down to their price? whatever straight foolishness on the highest level. If you want to sell your car cheap give it away for free who cares it's your prerogative do what you will. you don't have to convince the rest of us what you think. you might need money or be in a bind so you sell cheap. That doesn't set the value for everybody else's sorry. And our country's trillions of dollars in debt so don't tell me our economy is great. it's poor Fair at best. Corporations running skeleton Crews chain restaurants downsizing! but we're doing great the economy is growing lol. Oh and let me add people complaining about the pain at the pump still. we're far from sitting good as a country. in the 80s our economy was good you had upper and lower middle-class. I don't even think middle class exist anymore you're either got money or your poor. And The Marauder should carry its value just like the Impala SS did. Supply and demand and the Rarity counts. not everybody can have a Mercury Marauder even if they wanted one they couldn't have one because not enough to go around. that drives the price up. you should know that! And we all know the marauder is not the most popular car but ask any car Enthusiast. and they will tell you it depends what you like. not everybody likes the same thing, so you have groups to every car make and model.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information