MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > The Garage > Interior Electrical/Electronics

Interior Electrical/Electronics This is the place for questions/discussions of head units, speakers, navigation systems, alarm systems, heated seats, rear window defoggers, door locks, air bags, etc.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:56 AM

Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrauder View Post
isnt there a way to have the org. work?

No

You have to swap out the dummy sender and gauge with both autometer units.
Buy the auto meter volt gauge as well so the face plates match. New autometer gauges aren’t backlit behind the numbers like OEM was. Only the surrounding bezel is.
Or if you’re confident, do a faceplate swap with the old OEM oil pressure gauge onto your new autometer one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Everything Marauder, LEDs & HI

Trader: (75)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510paesan View Post
No

Buy the auto meter volt gauge as well so the face plates match. New autometer gauges aren’t backlit behind the numbers like OEM was. Only the surrounding bezel is.
Or if you’re confident, do a faceplate swap with the old OEM oil pressure gauge onto your new autometer one

If your not careful you will ruin one or both of the gauges.

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
General James Mattis

Old 07-07-2018, 05:10 PM
#2,187 out of 3,214

Trader: (3)
Anybody afraid to mod their gauges can happily send me their new gauge and gauge pod and I'll do a seamless mod. You pay shipping to and fro and toss in a few beer bucks. Takes about an hour. You install the sending unit and it's done.
'04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE SS lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, Steeda UDP, lighted door handles.

2004 Mercury Marauder
Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
#2,187 of 3,214
997 in Silver Birch
448 with light flint interior
304 with heated seats
336 with sunroof
Old 07-11-2018, 08:23 AM

Trader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510paesan View Post
No

Can you show me how to do mine?

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparts Watts link and Control Arms, Car fixer alignment.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:03 PM
#2,187 out of 3,214

Removing the aluminum ring to access the needle/face is more feel and patience than "tell me how". As I did it I realized how easy it would be to damage or destroy the delicate aluminum. I used a small flat screwdriver and gently slowly pried around the back of the bezel until removal was possible. Swap the internal giblets and slip the lense and bezel over the new gauge. You can use a round screwdriver shank to gently roll the edge of the aluminum back onto the gauge body.
'04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE SS lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, Steeda UDP, lighted door handles.

2004 Mercury Marauder
Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
#2,187 of 3,214
997 in Silver Birch
304 with heated seats
336 with sunroof
Old 07-11-2018, 04:30 PM

If it ain't broke - don't fix it. I didn't even learn of the oil gauge 'peccadillo' until after I perused this board for quite awhile. It makes for interesting conversation.
2015 Triumph Trophy SE
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
Old 07-12-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
Can you show me how to do mine?

Absolutely. Although I think there is an old write up in the FAQ section that I followed.
Otherwise I’d be happy to take a drive up

Old 07-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Everything Marauder, LEDs & HI

Trader: (75)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invective View Post
If it ain't broke - don't fix it. I didn't even learn of the oil gauge 'peccadillo' until after I perused this board for quite awhile. It makes for interesting conversation.
It's not a matter of it's "broke", the gauge is a glorified idiot light. You either have oil pressure or you don't.

The real gauge will tell you about your engine if you know how to read it.

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
General James Mattis

Old 07-12-2018, 02:14 PM
#2,187 out of 3,214

I can think of a few dozen items that "weren't broke" but I replaced or improved them to make a better and more reliable machine. That comment was very Toyota Camry-like.

2004 Mercury Marauder
#2,187 of 3,214
997 in Silver Birch
304 with heated seats
336 with sunroof
Old 07-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Kneel before Zod!

Trader: (6)
Just a warning of what happened to me when swapping guts: My screwdriver slipped and starched the ring noticeably. No fixing that. Also, the orange pointer arrow coating is super easy to damage. I ruined my original and thankfully someone sent me an extra one. But I am glad I did the mod. 10/10 would do it again.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:49 PM

back in my supercoupe days it was common practice to slip a ps60 sender in there and remove the in line resistor to make the stock oil pressure gauge read actual oil pressure on the stock gauge cluster in them cars

no chance of doing that with the marauder?