Thread: Today's News

Red face Today's News

Some unknown motorist side swiped my rear valence (bumper) on the passenger side last week.

Gas prices are spiking $2.90 for shell here in Bossier City.

Harvey only left 1.5 inches of rain instead of the 10 that was forcasted.

My moon roof repair will have to wait till I win the power ball.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your MM, Pat. Lots of visually challenged drivers out there !! Expect gas prices to go higher as the oil companies see how high they can push it in the wake of Harvey. They are quite predictable.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Sorry to here this Pat but glad you're ok. I just paid $2.779 for premium @ Sam's and a refinery is less than 30 miles from my house. They raise prices based on what they "think" they will have to pay on gas they have "already" paid for. I should be in this type of business.
    2004 MM (Black) #112 of 3213 (SOLD)

2022 Ford Ff-150 SuperCab Iconic Silver "Powerboost"
    3.35 L 4X4
    -AND-
    SLAYER1
    formerly owned by "Impala Slayer!! 2004 SB MM
    Kenne Belle 2.8 (Liquid Cooled), MMR "Boss 302" Block, L&M Engines rebuild Kooks Headers and cats, Accusump Pre-Oiler Dynamax VT mufflers, MBS 2 1/2" exhaust, 4.10's, 2800 stall, Argento 312 "Color" Powder coated wheels, Rears widened 1 1/2 "703
    702 RWHP/653 RWTQ @ 21 Lbs. Boost, M/M catch can, 3 pillar gauge (Boost, Fuel, air intake and coolant temp, custom console cover, S-55 treatment etc...

Blog Entries
    Paid $2.75 this am.

Better business is to collect ~38.4 cents per Gallon at the pump, ~15% at the well and lease the Land all for doing nothing with total immunity.

Ohh, and the people that are paying you are the ones who own it!
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

My neighbor has two little girls age 6 and 9 that ride their bikes up and down the sidewalk, AND up and down my driveway right next to the car. I've asked them to please not ride near the car. The other day I came out and there's a 4" long gouge in the rear valence plastic, exactly at pedal height. My neighbor, "Oh, they made a million of those, any Crown Vic has one, just pick one up cheap at the junkyard! Ha Ha, accidents happen!"

Infuriating. No matter how hard you work to keep things nice, there's always someone or something ready to screw it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Today's News

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Some unknown motorist side swiped my rear valence (bumper) on the passenger side last week.

Gas prices are spiking $2.90 for shell here in Bossier City.

Harvey only left 1.5 inches of rain instead of the 10 that was forcasted.

My moon roof repair will have to wait till I win the power ball.

Very sorry to hear about the bumper swipe, and glad to hear Harvey didn't hit you too hard!

$2.90? The cheapest I've found in the last 6 months is $3.05. I usually pay $3.15 or so, and that's at least for the last couple of years.

One of the main reasons I didn't want to put the 13-14 MPG DR tune back on the car.

MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    "Oh, they made a million of those, any Crown Vic has one, just pick one up cheap at the junkyard! Ha Ha, accidents happen!"
    So instead of offering to pay, or even simply apologising, he just just laughs??. Your neighbour sounds like an a-hole. You should mail him a bill.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

My neighbor has two little girls age 6 and 9 that ride their bikes up and down the sidewalk, AND up and down my driveway right next to the car. I've asked them to please not ride near the car. The other day I came out and there's a 4" long gouge in the rear valence plastic, exactly at pedal height. My neighbor, "Oh, they made a million of those, any Crown Vic has one, just pick one up cheap at the junkyard! Ha Ha, accidents happen!"

Infuriating. No matter how hard you work to keep things nice, there's always someone or something ready to screw it up.

Call the fuzz and tell them you witnessed your neighbors kid plow into your car and since your neighbor won't pay for the damage you want to file malicious damage and trespassing charges against his brat. Tell your neighbor 'Ha ha crime happens'.

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    So instead of offering to pay, or even simply apologising, he just just laughs??. Your neighbour sounds like an a-hole. You should mail him a bill.

I'm letting him know what a good rear bumper costs for one of these, or at least the repair.

What bugs was the blasé attitude about the damage, like it's just some POS 20 year old mall patrol CV with cheap parts.

Really screw him and report it to your insurance company.
    Just don't accept any monies from your insurance company.
    Give them the plate # of the vehicle that hit you, they will do all the leg work to find out who the insured party (legal party) is and their insurance company. Then The other Insurance Co will contact you about your claim.
    Settle with them. If you don't need a loaner, subrogate that amount in addition to the repair bill. For example, I took $25 a day for not renting a car. They saved themselves a few $$ that way and you pocket the $$.

I'm letting him know what a good rear bumper costs for one of these, or at least the repair.

What bugs was the blasé attitude about the damage, like it's just some POS 20 year old mall patrol CV with cheap parts.

Unfortunately that's just lack of knowledge on his part. It is tough when we are around folks who eitehr don't own cars or don't know what the cars are.

I was at a cars and coffee the other day and I guy came with his Nissan Skyline which I really like (though will never own), his two kids and two tricycles stuffed int he car. His kids were zooming around everyone's cars. Eventually he said something to the kids, I was being patient, probably too patient as clearly this guy has no clue what a 1970 W30 convertible goes for. Guess it was up to me to say something nicely, next time I will. Having kids myself I often let children sit in my cars because for every person like me there are 10 crabby guys that yell at the kids when they get within 10 feet of the car.

Another time i offered to drive in a parade, said something to one of the folks I was taking in the parade - about being careful while in my car. he said how valuable could the car be if the glove-box latch wasn't working right. And he was serious. My answer - valuable enough that I won't be driving in this parade next year.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Unfortunately, when most people see a CV/GM/MM, that's all they think of. I've had people ask me what department my daily-driver was from. Disregarding the fact that it's a Grand Marquis, I ask them how many cop cars they've ever seen with a landau roof? Most of them still don't get it.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Today's News

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKMARAUDER04 View Post
    Really screw him and report it to your insurance company.
    Just don't accept any monies from your insurance company.
    Give them the plate # of the vehicle that hit you, they will do all the leg work to find out who the insured party (legal party) is and their insurance company. Then The other Insurance Co will contact you about your claim.
    Settle with them. If you don't need a loaner, subrogate that amount in addition to the repair bill. For example, I took $25 a day for not renting a car. They saved themselves a few $$ that way and you pocket the $$.

Thanks, but it wasn't a car that scratched the bumper.

That's a great suggestion on the "non" loaner by the way, I never thought of that. . I was paid a few months ago by an insurance company for one of their clients who backed into me causing minor scrape damage. I didn't need a rental but it never occurred to me they would offer something for _not_ renting. Kicking myself now, as that could have been one or two hundred maybe.

I guess I need to get hit more to be more familiar with all these ins and outs of insurance claims!

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    Unfortunately that's just lack of knowledge on his part. It is tough when we are around folks who eitehr don't own cars or don't know what the cars are.

I was at a cars and coffee the other day and I guy came with his Nissan Skyline which I really like (though will never own), his two kids and two tricycles stuffed int he car. His kids were zooming around everyone's cars. Eventually he said something to the kids, I was being patient, probably too patient as clearly this guy has no clue what a 1970 W30 convertible goes for. Guess it was up to me to say something nicely, next time I will. Having kids myself I often let children sit in my cars because for every person like me there are 10 crabby guys that yell at the kids when they get within 10 feet of the car.

Another time i offered to drive in a parade, said something to one of the folks I was taking in the parade - about being careful while in my car. he said how valuable could the car be if the glove-box latch wasn't working right. And he was serious. My answer - valuable enough that I won't be driving in this parade next year.

Some people always **** on what they envy and can't afford. I'm sure he knew what it was worth, and that inspired the BS comment.

In 1978 my buddy had a gorgeous red 1969 442 W30 hardtop 4-speed which was my dream car. His didn't have a scratch on it. Last time I checked with him was nearly 20 years ago, and he still had it, garaged and covered.

If I owned that and took it out I'd make damned sure people were careful around it.

In 2005 I parked in a Starbucks parking lot 10 feet from several Plymouth Prowlers. Some club guys getting together. Like clockwork one of the guys outside jumps up and runs over, "You gonna park there?" Me: "Yes actually."

"Well, be careful, these are special cars! They only made 12,000 of them!"

Me: "Well, they made fewer than that of my car, so I guess that makes mine more valuable then, right?"

He looked at me like I was crazy, but when I backed out I could see them looking at the car and talking, so maybe it sunk in. He did that to everyone who drove in, acting like he had a Lamborghini.

Takes all kinds.

I feel you, Pat!

Got side swiped on my front passenger fender in a supermarket car park and of course he ran so that's $350 out of my own pocket to get that fender repainted.

Gas prices are spiking at $5.90 here in Germany right now.

Can't complain about the weather though.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Thread Information