Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lidio, U DA MAN!!!

Lidio, U DA MAN!!!

I just want to extend a big THANKYOU to Lidio for my 12.2 second ET's and a 1.6 second 60' time at the dragstrip last Saturday. Ofcourse Jerry Barnes also deserves the credit too, along w/Trilogy Motorsports, but Lidio burns all the chips for Trilogy Motorsports which are included w/their Supercharger kits. However, when ever a Trilogy customer's Marauder has as many other modifications previously done to it as my car has had (4.56 gears, Headers, and an aftermarket Torque converter w/higher stall speed), a special chip has to be burned by Lidio for a Marauder such as that.

And Lidio burned one for me w/out me even having to put my car on his Dyno, and he did it in one shot. The ideal and most favorable thing for somebody w/a Marauder like mine would've been to visit Lidio so he can dyno my car. However, since I'm about a 12 hour drive away from his business, that would've been difficult for me, so Lidio went the extra mile, and the results at the racetrack have been excellent. Thanks Lidio!!!

schuvwj Guest

Thumbs up Lidio

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    I just want to extend a big THANKYOU to Lidio for my 12.2 second ET's and a 1.6 second 60' time at the dragstrip last Saturday. Ofcourse Jerry Barnes also deserves the credit too, along w/Trilogy Motorsports, but Lidio burns all the chips for Trilogy Motorsports which are included w/their Supercharger kits. However, when ever a Trilogy customer's Marauder has as many other modifications previously done to it as my car has had (4.56 gears, Headers, and an aftermarket Torque converter w/higher stall speed), a special chip has to be burned by Lidio for a Marauder such as that.

And Lidio burned one for me w/out me even having to put my car on his Dyno, and he did it in one shot. The ideal and most favorable thing for somebody w/a Marauder like mine would've been to visit Lidio so he can dyno my car. However, since I'm about a 12 hour drive away from his business, that would've been difficult for me, so Lidio went the extra mile, and the results at the racetrack have been excellent. Thanks Lidio!!!

I got to see Lidio. Wow!
    Billy did you get the four position chip?
    Great times!

Those are some great results and really good 60ft's!! Where is it shifting and where does it rpm at when going through the traps??

Thanks and keep it up.

I'm replacing the posi in my MM this week and hope to get out with it soon as well. Although the air is starting to get hot and ugly now so I don’t expect to beat my best with out further mods which I have no plans for right now. So until the fall weather it may not run much better.

Thanks

I may not be at the top (yet) but definitely on top of things.

Lidio Iacobelli
    Alternativeauto.com

(586)-949-7505

Wow Lidio, you're hitting me w/some serious racer questions. I appreciate your concern my friend, but I'm a novice, and have only raced at a track 3 different days w/a total of only 14 runs in my entire life! So at what RPM is the tranmission shifting at during WOT you ask? I have no idea about first second or third gear since I'm not looking at the tack when I'm moving that quick. Atleast not yet.

The only thing I do know is that w/4.56 gears in the rear, my car shift into Overdrive right at 100 MPH, so I leave the O/D on when I race. Maybe I would've turned a better ET if I kept it off. I dunno. But my car is shifting into O/D right at 5300 RPM's while in third gear. And in O/D as I'm crossing the traps I'm reving at 4,050 RPM's.

Ouch! Shifting into O/D at WOT is a good way to grenade your tranny...

Leave O/D off when running the quarter. You probably would've run 11.90's or 12.0's if you left 'er in 3rd...That is, if you don't run out of rpm's due to the 4.56's...

Billy, what is the height of your rear tires? I'll give you the Rpms versus Mph. Javier.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Ouch! Shifting into O/D at WOT is a good way to grenade your tranny...

Leave O/D off when running the quarter. You probably would've run 11.90's or 12.0's if you left 'er in 3rd...That is, if you don't run out of rpm's due to the 4.56's...
    Hmmmm, I didn't know about it being bad for the transmission to leave the O/D on. I thought that people simply shut it off because they don't need it w/shorter gears than I have. Thanks for the tip Logan. I used to leave it off when I wasn't S/Ced since my trap speed was only 101 MPH. But since the car has gained top end power also by S/Cing, my trap speed is obviously quicker now, and I thought that leaving it in third gear would rev it too high, and it would hurt my ET's. But maybe I'm wrong on that. you have me thinking now (that's dangerous, uh?).

The Richmond gear calculator that I use states that my car would be reving at 5700 RPM's in third gear at 107 MPH which is my trap speed. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokie
    Billy, what is the height of your rear tires? I'll give you the Rpms versus Mph. Javier.
    Tire height: 28.7"

O/D ratio: .71

Third gear ratio: 1.00

gear ratio: 4.56

but all of this won't tell you exactly at what RPM the car is shifting at. that's all in the chip.

Tire height: 28.7"

O/D ratio: .71

Third gear ratio: 1.00

gear ratio: 4.56

but all of this won't tell you exactly at what RPM the car is shifting at. that's all in the chip.
    Billy. With your tire height and gears, you would be safe in 3rd gear up to 112 Mph (just under 6000 rpm's). If you turn O/D off the chip will have no effect, only the rev. limiter, you might want to ask Lidio if he changes the rev. limiter to less than 6100.

It's just a matter of whether you feel uncomfortable going to 6100 rpm's, but I believe you would be safe up to 112 mph in 3rd without overevving. Javier.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    TIMESLIPS
    Visit my Garage

Billy. With your tire height and gears, you would be safe in 3rd gear up to 112 Mph (just under 6000 rpm's). If you turn O/D off the chip will have no effect, only the rev. limiter, you might want to ask Lidio if he changes the rev. limiter to less than 6100.

It's just a matter of whether you feel uncomfortable going to 6100 rpm's, but I believe you would be safe up to 112 mph in 3rd without overevving. Javier.
    BTW, my rev limiter is set to 6600 RPM so I'm not worried about hitting that. I'm simply concerned about running a bit short on power way up there.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 06-14-2004 at 10:32 AM.

BTW, my rev limiter is set to 6600 RPM so I'm not worried about hitting that. I'm simply concerned about running a bit short on power way up there.
    I guess different calculators, different answers, here is where I go. http://www.quiknet.com/~ke6vut/rpmcalc.html
    Javier.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    TIMESLIPS
    Visit my Garage

I guess different calculators, different answers, here is where I go. http://www.quiknet.com/~ke6vut/rpmcalc.html

Javier.
    No Smokie, our calculators are the same. I just tried 112 MPH and it told me 5979 RPM so that's right in line w/what you got. Like I said, I;m not worried about the rev limiter at all. It's set at 6600 RPM for just about all S/Ced Marauders. Some are even higher w/other type S/Cers. That's no biggie. The mach I engine is set at a 7000 RPM rev limit.

No Smokie, our calculators are the same. I just tried 112 MPH and it told me 5979 RPM so that's right in line w/what you got. Like I said, I;m not worried about the rev limiter at all. It's set at 6600 RPM for just about all S/Ced Marauders. Some are even higher w/other type S/Cers. That's no biggie. The mach I engine is set at a 7000 RPM rev limit.
    In that case, I would agree with Logan on both counts. O/D off is better for your tranny, you might turn a faster ET also.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    TIMESLIPS
    Visit my Garage

In that case, I would agree with Logan on both counts. O/D off is better for your tranny, you might turn a faster ET also.
    I raced twice on the , well I don't want to get into where, but both times I left it on O/D and while at WOT I was pulling away gradually but steady from the competition while in third gear, and then when I hit 100 MPH and it kicked into O/D, my car then pulled away from my competitors' cars at a faster rate. So now that I think about it, I know that my ET's would NOT be better if I turned off the O/D, since my trap speed is 107 MPH.

So my question is, how do we know that it's actually bad for the transmission to hit O/D at WOT? I'm not getting cocky w/either one of you guys. This is simply a sincere question on my part, and I know you guys are trying to help me. I mean O/D is simply 4th gear. Right? And w/the way my transmission is shifting w/Lidio's S/Cer chip, it actually hits O/D harder during WOT than it does third gear. So the fliud pressure must be high enough. Right? When I had another vendor's chip oin my car, O'd at WOT hit very softly, but w/Lidio's chip this isn't the case.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 06-14-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Billy

I agree with Logan… The number one killer of the AOD’s and the 4R70W’s is shifting into OD at WOT. The OD band just can’t handle it after a while. I would not say that it would grenade the trans, but will take out the OD band after a while and you simply wont have 4th gear. On the larger trucks with over drive automatics, they can better handle WOT shifts into OD because their simply bigger and beefier.

Besides like others said. It will probably pick up ET by not letting it hit OD at the end of the track. This is why I asked your trap RPM… I was curios what the 4.56’s did for you at the end of the qtr mile. I’m used to the 3.55’s and 4.10’s. I try to program them to not go into OD at WOT untill very high rpms but with 4.56's its tough to do some times.

Thanks

I may not be at the top (yet) but definitely on top of things.

Lidio Iacobelli
    Alternativeauto.com

(586)-949-7505

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information