Thread: WTB : 95-97 Lincoln Town Car Door Panel Trim

Arrow WTB : 95-97 Lincoln Town Car Door Panel Trim

Posting this on a couple of Lincoln forums, but figured I'd give it a shot here as well .....

WANTED TO BUY -

95-97 Town Car Door Panel Trim ... preferably in Cordovan Red

I need the following pieces for my 97 Cartier.

1) - Power door lock switch housing (PASSENGERS DOOR PANEL).

All (3) of the molded tension tabs(for lack of a better description) on the backside, decided to break off of the trim piece itself, for no apparent reason whatsoever. Now there is nothing to keep it locked/snapped into in the door panel assembly. Being how mine broke completely on it's own, without anyone fartin' around with it, it will be pot luck I'd imagine, trying to pop one out of a door panel without breaking any of those (3) tabs. I could probably drill (2) small holes in the trim, where (2) of the tabs were, & rig up some push in type plastic fasteners in the door skin for them to screw into, but it would look, well ..... RIGGED & like absolute crap IMHO.

2) - The oval surround trim for the lil' side window defroster cavity (PASSENGERS DOOR PANEL).

Same thing basically happened to that ... the tabs on the edges that keep it locked into the door panel cavity broke off ... won't stay locked into there now. Fell out making a left hand turn one day.

3) - The oval surround trim for the door handle cavity/heated seat switch (DRIVERS DOOR PANEL).

While I can paint the other (2) trim pieces to match if I had to ... this one would be rather tough to do, with that raised white font for the heated seat controls(come to think of it, there's font on the RH PDL trim as well). This will need to come from another 96-97 Cordovan Cartier door panel or a 95-97 Cordovan Signature door panel, with the heated seat option. I don't believe you could have gotten a 95 Cartier with a Cordovan interior. I believe it was only Lt Titanium & Ivory for 1995.

This piece is still in the door panel for now. I forget whether it is 2 or 3 molded posts on it's backside that small nuts attach to, which secure it to the door panel assembly from the backside. At least (1) of those posts is broken off. It's been holding for a couple of years now(loosely), but I figured since I need to chase down the other (2) pieces above ... I may as well try to find this one too.

So much for cheap azzzzzz plastic stuff.

Please contact me via a PM ... if you have these pieces or have a solid lead for where I might find them.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to help.

EDIT .....

Put some photos on photobucket for clarification.

Last edited by the_pack_rat; 05-29-2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added photos

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

Thread Information