Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: "In Memoriam....." forum

Maybe something along the lines of a stickied thread in the Community Discussion subforum, titled similarly to this thread, wherein each post is for one member, containing their name, picture, and their respective memorial thread as a link?

As if it isn't clear by this post, I very much second this proposal of a memorial compilation. If there are no other good things one could say about this community, that one thing would be that when you are in the family, you are IN the family, and you may as well be blood-related. I've never encountered another online car club similar in this way, and this proposed thread would only further show that bond in this club.
    ‎"Idiocracy" wasn't a comedy, it was a documentary in-the-making...

During Marauderville V (MV5) in Hagerstown, MD the planning team commemorated the passing of two members ......

For "Hitchhiker" and "Skotty702" .....

Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I do remember that.
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    Not sure that I fully understand the intent here ^^^^^ Charlie. Does this prevent a family member, relative or friend close to the situation from making the announcement? Seems it is more timely and relevant to get the info from the source rather than delay of a mod thread. JMHO. The thread can be moved to the "Memorial Section" by the mods later if necessary.

As to "heavily modded", I am not so sure about that either. Unless something is totally inappropriate or highly insensitive, comments should stand as posted to reflect the individuals thoughts and condolences at the time.
    Details can be hammered out later. Anyone can post in the forums, but yes, once the info is deemed legit, then the mods move the threads as necessary.

Heavily modded is heavily worded. But you caught my gist. We tend to get off topic here and there. If the remarks made do not reflect the member appropriately, then... the remark.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

It's a great idea, but there are many of us that don't have a significant other capable of informing even our close friends when that time comes.

I'm turning 70 next Thursday (1/31). Time to start thinking about the inevitable.

Folks that die in their 60's, most people say "he died so young". Folks that die in their 70's, "he led a good life". That one digit makes a big difference. Just a fact of life.

I gave my wife an email address list of those that I keep in touch with on a regular basis to let them know..............

None of the chatboxes that I frequent are on that list.
    Last edited by jerrym3; 01-27-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Also tjg442 from Painesville, Oh., and Jim, who brought back 2 Marauders, ( a blue, and a DTR) and also built a 99 clone, (the best I've ever seen) I will miss them both.
    "A street walking cheetah, with a heart full of napalm."

"If You can keep Your Head About You, While Others are Losing Theirs and Blaming It on You..."

"Sometimes it is wiser to remain silent, and seem a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt."

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."[5]

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Mamba View Post
    Also tjg442 from Painesville, Oh., and Jim, who brought back 2 Marauders, ( a blue, and a DTR) and also built a 99 clone, (the best I've ever seen) I will miss them both.
    Got any other details on tjg442? I can't find anything on it.

I believe I met Jim at MVIII/WDC in Detroit, MI when he brought the clone. Was he also Barb's/BAJA husband?? I can't find anything in the archives on that one either. I think Jim came to Carlisle in 2008 or 2009 with Barb in the Blue MM.

I dont' think either one of the above was ever noted on MM.Net.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

"In Memoriam....." forum

This is a fantastic idea.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

I believe I met Jim at MVIII/WDC in Detroit, MI when he brought the clone. Was he also Barb's/BAJA husband?? I can't find anything in the archives on that one either. I think Jim came to Carlisle in 2008 or 2009 with Barb in the Blue MM.

I dont' think either one of the above was ever noted on MM.Net.
    tjg442 only had 220 posts, and stopped in 09, Jim wasn't a member here, but was a very good friend of Barb's, and that is the Blue he brought back.
    "A street walking cheetah, with a heart full of napalm."

"If You can keep Your Head About You, While Others are Losing Theirs and Blaming It on You..."

"Sometimes it is wiser to remain silent, and seem a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt."

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."[5]

This is a great idea charlie. Here is another member we lost. I was looking at a car in CA, and his wife posted a FS thread to sell it. Here is the info and I think I still have her number. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=72087

[QUOTE=jerrym3;1260427]It's a great idea, but there are many of us that don't have a significant other capable of informing even our close friends when that time comes.

I'm turning 70 next Thursday (1/31). Time to start thinking about the inevitable.

Folks that die in their 60's, most people say "he died so young". Folks that die in their 70's, "he led a good life". That one digit makes a big difference. Just a fact of life.

I gave my wife an email address list of those that I keep in touch with on a regular basis to let them know..............
    This might be going off topic....I'm into the fourth month of being 70....my thoughts about "the inevitable"....plan for it....make whatever arrangements are necessary...family members should know your wishes...write your own obit....get your estate in order...stop thinking about it and get on with your Marauder lovin' life!!!! With all due respect and compassion to those that have preceded us in death, R.I.P. No matter what your age, tomorrow may be the day for any of us.

Ted Goshen was not very active at all in the community or forum but he was a nice guy who I met a handful of times, as was his wife Darla (who still drives his DTR Marauder around town from time to time).

He had a stroke back in 2010 and was sent into a skilled care facility. Never did make it back out, as far as I know.
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=67829

Jim was not a member of MM.net but I feel that he should be included in the Memorial forum if one is created. Jim was one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet, a friend to several of us here; as stated, Jim cloned a Marquis into a Marauder, and brought back BAJA's DBP from just about nothing (it was a theft total IIRC). In addition, he owned a DTR until his death. You may think that he was not part of this community, but if you guys remember Robhollar (the guy who was selling off a whole TON of Marauder parts last year), that is (I think) his son in law. Many of the parts Jim scrounged and saved over the years are now living in on other folks' cars (hell, I've got a FL820S on my Marauder now that I bought from that parts hoard!) BTW, the DTR Marauder is still in his driveway, a little worse for wear as I do not believe it has been driven at all (odometer reading somewhere around 27000 miles). The obit for James (Jim) Burt can be found here. http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary...Burt-James.php

Here is the MM.net thread on Jim's passing http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=58284
    Last edited by a_d_a_m; 01-28-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

All of the below added to post #2. Not much info on some.

tjg442 only had 220 posts, and stopped in 09, Jim wasn't a member here, but was a very good friend of Barb's, and that is the Blue he brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    This is a great idea charlie. Here is another member we lost. I was looking at a car in CA, and his wife posted a FS thread to sell it. Here is the info and I think I still have her number. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=72087
    Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    Ted Goshen was not very active at all in the community or forum but he was a nice guy who I met a handful of times, as was his wife Darla (who still drives his DTR Marauder around town from time to time).

He had a stroke back in 2010 and was sent into a skilled care facility. Never did make it back out, as far as I know.
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=67829

Jim was not a member of MM.net but I feel that he should be included in the Memorial forum if one is created. Jim was one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet, a friend to several of us here; as stated, Jim cloned a Marquis into a Marauder, and brought back BAJA's DBP from just about nothing (it was a theft total IIRC). In addition, he owned a DTR until his death. You may think that he was not part of this community, but if you guys remember Robhollar (the guy who was selling off a whole TON of Marauder parts last year), that is (I think) his son in law. Many of the parts Jim scrounged and saved over the years are now living in on other folks' cars (hell, I've got a FL820S on my Marauder now that I bought from that parts hoard!) BTW, the DTR Marauder is still in his driveway, a little worse for wear as I do not believe it has been driven at all (odometer reading somewhere around 27000 miles). The obit for James (Jim) Burt can be found here. http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary...Burt-James.php

Here is the MM.net thread on Jim's passing http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=58284
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita View Post
    Please add Paula Babineau- Carfixer's wife.
    Done. See post #2. I also added "ckadiddle's" wife (Freda Lee) from April 2007.

Wow ... this list has sure grown as people recall the members and relatives who have passed away over the years.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
    Found this in the Archives ..... for ckadiddle's wife Freda

Freda "Freddy" L. Spurgeon
    ( May 9, 1958 - April 25, 2007)

Freda L. "Freddy" Spurgeon, 48, of Orlando, FL died on Wednesday, April 25, 2007. Born in Kennett, MO, she moved to Winter Park, FL in 1968. She was a Nurse and a member of the Florida Motion Picture and Television Association.

She is survived by Husband-Pete Spurgeon of Orlando, FL; Mother-Georgia Lee Robinson of Winter Park, FL; Brother-James Robinson, Jr. of San Diego, CA; Niece-Rebecca Robinson of San Diego, CA; and many Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.

A memorial service will be held at Harden-Pauli Funeral Home, Eustis on Wednesday, May 2, 2007, at 3:00 PM. The family will receive friends from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM prior to service. Online Guestbook available at www.hardenpauli.com Arrangements by Harden/Pauli Funeral Home, Eustis.

http://www.hardenpauli.com/ViewObit.php?id=761

Freda L. "Freddy" Spurgeon, 48, of Orlando, FL died on Wednesday, April 25, 2007. Born in Kennett, MO, she moved to Winter Park, FL in 1968. She was a Nurse and a member of the Florida Motion Picture and Television Association. She is survived by Husband-Pete Spurgeon of Orlando, FL; Mother-Georgia Lee Robinson of Winter Park, FL; Brother-James Robinson, Jr. of San Diego, CA; Niece-Rebecca Robinson of San Diego, CA; and many Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. A memorial service will be held at Harden-Pauli Funeral Home, Eustis on Wednesday, May 2, 2007, at 3:00 PM. The family will receive friends from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM prior to service. Online Guestbook available at www.hardenpauli.com Arrangements by Harden/Pauli Funeral Home, Eustis.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 01-28-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Tearfully adding SC Cheesehead (Rex Weinbender) to the list in Post #2 as of 14 November 2013. R.I.P. Blues Brother.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information