Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking to set price for selling my 2003 Marauder

Lol it hasn't been for sale for 5 years. It's been in my garage queen. Love hate every now and again I get the itch. Ok let me put it this way give me some real world like for like builds that this that go for 8k? Have you done a build like this? I take your input with grain of salt. It's an opinion nothing more nothing you have posted comes with facts. Again overgeneralization with no facts is just an opinion bud. Show me some examples of an $8k build like this then I'd consider this being the the market. Not upset just stating facts show me data like you said we live in the world of easy to obtain information you should have no problems giving your input with links to examples right cheif?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM75 View Post
    I’m not trying to upset anyone, just being honest. The market for selling a car now includes Facebook, used car websites, mm.net, and every other form of social media. The days of overpricing a car and getting the money are gone. There’s a reason why your car has been for sale for five years, it’s worth more to you than the potential car buyers. It’s very nice and has some great mods but it’s a black 03 Marauder with aftermarket rims.

High mileage hurts the price even if you have done a lot to the car. 15k is under 40k miles with a power added territory for these cars, or at least it is if you want to sell the car.
    Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    FRPP BOSS50 Block w/MMR 900S Stroker 5.3L DOHC 324ci 10:1cr - (321rwhp/360.5rwtq) - Tuned by AED

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    FRPP FR3 Handling Pack|FRPP X Pipe w/GTA Exhaust|Steeda CAI|Hurst Shifter
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LQ4 6.0L LT 4WD
    Cognito leveling Kit, Fox 2.0, BFG KOA2 Radial All Terrains, Magnaflow, K&N and 4.10 gears

Turbo Good for you got a deal you must have jumped on it. It's worth more than $8k just because you got one for that price what makes you think that's the standard accross the board? BTW that post was 5 years ago right after the build and look further it has a built transmission and a whole slew of other mods read it again....lol so dissmissive wtf you guys are killing me.

I'd say $8k too low in the San Francisco bay area I'd say $10-12k if not more is realistic in this market. Lots of fox bodies here go for that around here.

91k miles for $14k

95k miles with salvaged title for $6500

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=Marauder

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...ear=1981&Log=0

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    146k with a used go fast engine and some exhaust... what makes it worth so much?

I bought a 69k vortech car, mint body and paint, exhaust, loads of mods, brakes, colex trinkets, built trans and rear for $8000.00 2 years ago.

14-15k?

That's built motor big brake blower car money.
    Last edited by dohc324ci; 04-29-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    FRPP BOSS50 Block w/MMR 900S Stroker 5.3L DOHC 324ci 10:1cr - (321rwhp/360.5rwtq) - Tuned by AED

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

Cognito leveling Kit, Fox 2.0, BFG KOA2 Radial All Terrains, Magnaflow, K&N and 4.10 gears

You asked for help pricing your car and when I responded I didn’t think I was out of line by offering my opinion. Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit as I said between 8500-11,500 not 8,000. I didn’t know that I had to build a car like yours to be able to post in your thread. I won’t make that mistake again.

Here’s some facts, your car has high mileage, aftermarket rims that won’t appeal to everyone, is black the most common Marauder color with very well known paint issues from the factory, and every car guy knows that modifications aren’t an investment in a car with not a lot of return.

Best of luck with selling your car. I hope you get what you want out of it.

E
    A
    D

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Cali car if it was stock and 146k miles, $8000 ish, Built motor and stuff, I could see added $ of $3-5k. $11-13k seems like the range. Prices of these cars change every year. one year they are cold and deals, next year prices go up, then they fall in between. I got a deal on my car for a 45k mile Trilogy with headers, metcos, dynotech shaft, 4.10's, widenend wheels, etc. compared to what they go today for. There is no rhyme or reason.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thanks for your input just questioning rational for the $8k that's all. Gross over generalization caught my attention. As far my built comment if you knew you might understand that comment your entitled to your opinion. Just wondering if you had a point of reference from personal experience that's all. This hobby takes a lot of coin to make go fast NA modular power. Not wanting gouge anyone it's fair to say $10-13k, 8k I need some explanation which I ask and you come back with insults about my reading comprehension silly.

Thanks that last input is helpful. I can understand rims and milage and I know I'll get low balled with 8k offers.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM75 View Post
    You asked for help pricing your car and when I responded I didn’t think I was out of line by offering my opinion. Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit as I said between 8500-11,500 not 8,000. I didn’t know that I had to build a car like yours to be able to post in your thread. I won’t make that mistake again.

Here’s some facts, your car has high mileage, aftermarket rims that won’t appeal to everyone, is black the most common Marauder color with very well known paint issues from the factory, and every car guy knows that modifications aren’t an investment in a car with not a lot of return.

Best of luck with selling your car. I hope you get what you want out of it.

E
    A
    D
    Last edited by dohc324ci; 04-29-2018 at 06:07 PM.

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

Thanks bud this makes sense retail $7-8k with like mileage $3-5k based on work done. Asking price IMO should be higher then have room for negotiation. If list at bottom line pricing I have no room. But again just looking at market and pricing. Thanks all this excersize was helpful. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Cali car if it was stock and 146k miles, $8000 ish, Built motor and stuff, I could see added $ of $3-5k. $11-13k seems like the range. Prices of these cars change every year. one year they are cold and deals, next year prices go up, then they fall in between. I got a deal on my car for a 45k mile Trilogy with headers, metcos, dynotech shaft, 4.10's, widenend wheels, etc. compared to what they go today for. There is no rhyme or reason.

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

I lusted after Randy O'Dell's car (page 11 - Marauders for Sale) but knew I could not come up with anything close to what he's looking for as he has serious money in his apparently immaculate, low mileage car. I bought an immaculate '04 (completely stock) with 39.4k miles in Michigan from the second owner for $12k. I paid to have a Signature moonroof installed for under $1.2k after driving it home. Car has every option except the spoiler.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

[QUOTE=Turbov6Bryan;1557062]146k with a used go fast engine and some exhaust... what makes it worth so much?

I bought a 69k vortech car, mint body and paint, exhaust, loads of mods, brakes, colex trinkets, built trans and rear for $8000.00 2 years ago.

14-15k? 😳 just because you found a super excellent cheap deal doesn't mean that sets the base value for every other Marauder for sale with loads of mods that just isn't the way it works. you got lucky. That doesn't mean everybody's going to sell the car dirt cheap. At the end of the day the Marauders a super rare car and having one is like havin gold. and they're going to become more rare and worth more value as time goes on I'm not digging the hole everybody trying to lowball so they can get them Dirt Cheap.

This is why when I go to sell mine I’m probably staying far away from here.. I imagine just a quick ebay sale or something local and be done.

I wish you high dollars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Sup Bob! Lol yeah smart! I'll buy yours for 9k bud J/K it's SC so at least 10k
    Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    This is why when I go to sell mine I’m probably staying far away from here.. I imagine just a quick ebay sale or something local and be done.

I wish you high dollars!

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

I always find these threads interesting. Someone asks for opinions on pricing and then if prices aren't where they want it to be, they are 't happy. Look, if you want to really sell the car, do some research on recent sales and then ask whatever you want. It is easier to lower the price than it is to raise it. The market will tell you what it is worth. There will always be examples of a great price and others that seem way too high because someone was willing to pay more of a premium for a car they wanted.

To not list the car on this website would be silly, its just another avenue to get people interested in it. Who comes to this site? People interested in Marauders. Doesn't mean the buyer will come from here, but someone may direct them to it from here and its just another listing to help search results.

As for the quote below, sure they are getting rarer and rarer but that does not have a linear equivalence to value. If that was the case these cars would already be worth way for than they are. They were $35k brand new, that is about $48k in today's dollars so even a $10k MM is worth only around 20% percent of its original value. A 1970 4 door Cutlass with a manual 3 speed is quite rare and is worth more for its parts [by comparison a 1970 442 convertible that original cost $3,700 ($24k in today's dollars) is worth $75 - $100K in great condition].

I hope the MMs increase in value too, but performance-wise they are light-years away from what you can buy today. In the end, its simple, the market sets the price, not one or two individuals opinions on this forum or a few outlier sales on the low end or high end.

Just my $0.2
    [QUOTE=Themarauderguy;1557099]
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    At the end of the day the Marauders a super rare car and having one is like havin gold. and they're going to become more rare and worth more value as time goes on I'm not digging the hole everybody trying to lowball so they can get them Dirt Cheap.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

My reasoning about not listing it here has more to do with the peanut gallery nowadays.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

[QUOTE=stevengerard;1557113]I always find these threads interesting. Someone asks for opinions on pricing and then if prices aren't where they want it to be, they are 't happy. Look, if you want to really sell the car, do some research on recent sales and then ask whatever you want. It is easier to lower the price than it is to raise it. The market will tell you what it is worth. There will always be examples of a great price and others that seem way too high because someone was willing to pay more of a premium for a car they wanted.

To not list the car on this website would be silly, its just another avenue to get people interested in it. Who comes to this site? People interested in Marauders. Doesn't mean the buyer will come from here, but someone may direct them to it from here and its just another listing to help search results.

As for the quote below, sure they are getting rarer and rarer but that does not have a linear equivalence to value. If that was the case these cars would already be worth way for than they are. They were $35k brand new, that is about $48k in today's dollars so even a $10k MM is worth only around 20% percent of its original value. A 1970 4 door Cutlass with a manual 3 speed is quite rare and is worth more for its parts [by comparison a 1970 442 convertible that original cost $3,700 ($24k in today's dollars) is worth $75 - $100K in great condition].

I hope the MMs increase in value too, but performance-wise they are light-years away from what you can buy today. In the end, its simple, the market sets the price, not one or two individuals opinions on this forum or a few outlier sales on the low end or high end.

Just my $0.2
    Thanks Steve. It's hard to find a like for like comparison so threw it out here since I know several BOSS iron big bore stroker builds has been done and documented here by other members. Everything I see listed and researched is stock so hit up the MM community.

As for not liking what I am hearing I am open just need some reasoning behind the opinion other than the insult and criticism aka peanut gallery...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

A car is worth what ever the owner thinks its worth. Doesn't matter what others think.
    So ask $14-15k, its a good starting point for you being the seller.

That being said... I believe my car is worth a solid $28k if anyone wants it. And I wouldn't take much less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dohc324ci View Post
    Turbo Good for you got a deal you must have jumped on it. It's worth more than $8k just because you got one for that price what makes you think that's the standard accross the board? BTW that post was 5 years ago right after the build and look further it has a built transmission and a whole slew of other mods read it again....lol so dissmissive wtf you guys are killing me.

I'd say $8k too low in the San Francisco bay area I'd say $10-12k if not more is realistic in this market. Lots of fox bodies here go for that around here.

91k miles for $14k

95k miles with salvaged title for $6500

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=Marauder

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...ear=1981&Log=0

Showing us 2 overpriced ads proves your point? I don't get it? Those are ASKING prices not SELLING prices!

Go look in this forums for sale ad. There's a SUPERCHARGED, 100k Marauder with a built motor, exhaust, and lots of goodies LISTED at 13k obo. That car is nice! It possibly could be purchased for less. I see zero traffic on the tread.

I have recently spoken with the seller. Nice car

Your BOSS block motor has a lot of miles on it, I personally would expect it needing a rebuild shortly because racing engines don't last 100k. This might keep future buyers away from buying

You asked what it was worth. Ive purchased 6 in 2 years and actively looking for more marauders. I have a pretty good idea what they sell for, and i like most people look past the ads where people overprice them.

I'm not saying that you should list it for a fire sale, I'm saying that 14-15k is overpriced and it will not sell for that amount.

Those ads you listed, 95k marauder for 14? Get real. That's big brake blower car money.
    Buddy of mine bought a 48k stocker for 10k. Cars mint. Came with a complete eaton swap in the trunk.

I bought a 123k whipple car for 5k. Guy needed money that day..... he set the price because the car was not drivable at that time.

Pricing cars is the opposite of having a racecar. With a racecar there will always be someone faster. When selling a car there will always be one selling for less. Then at the end of it all, not everyone is good at racing cars or selling cars, with one of them your left with a empty wallet. The other, your still going to have a empty wallet, but at least you don't have to LOOK at it anymore!

Hope it sells for an amount your happy with
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information