Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 F350 6.0 Harley Edition

2007 F350 6.0 Harley Edition

Daughter and I recently picked up a Texas truck that is missing a few highly coveted Harley pices. Like the seats! I found the proper guage cluster, but really need proper front seats. The ones in it are manual and have a very poor pitch to them..

Just wondering if anyone here has connection with used parts suppliers? I have been scanning flea bay, few and far between, and expensive.

I can get new center caps at Tasca for cheaper than people sell used???? Needs a spare and all jack components too, as well as the owners manual.

Up here in Western N Y, the scrap yards have nothing I can use.
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

May be easier to find power seats from a lariat or limited excursion and then put Harley seat covers on them.

How does it run?
    Fixing 6.0s is one of my specialties. Pm me if you have any questions.

Sorry for the thread hijack....
    what was it that caused all the problems & complaints about the 6.0 L diesel?
    Got a friend with a old 7.3 and a new 6.7 and he HATES the 6.0.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Dragcity View Post
    Daughter and I recently picked up a Texas truck that is missing a few highly coveted Harley pices. Like the seats! I found the proper guage cluster, but really need proper front seats. The ones in it are manual and have a very poor pitch to them..

Just wondering if anyone here has connection with used parts suppliers? I have been scanning flea bay, few and far between, and expensive.

I can get new center caps at Tasca for cheaper than people sell used???? Needs a spare and all jack components too, as well as the owners manual.

Up here in Western N Y, the scrap yards have nothing I can use.

I have 1 center cap, it was my spare 1 from my Harley f250, I lost a few of them. It’s yours for free if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Joe, ohh where do I start?
    Egr is generally the biggest problem. Extended idling can cause carbon buildup in the intake and makes the egr valve stick.
    The factory head bolts are tty and can stretch leading to head gasket failure.
    Hydraulic electric unit injection system develops oil leaks leading to extended crank/ no start condition.
    Variable geometry turbo has vanes which can hang up due to rust or carbon buildup causing under/ over boost.
    Fuel injector control module is mounted on drivers side valve cover. Heat cycles and vibration cause broken solder joints and intermittent or nonexistent injector control signals.
    Egr cooler can crack causing clouds of white smoke and coolant running out of the tailpipe.
    F 350/450/550 chassis cab with steel tanks have a coating inside the fuel tank which breaks down and plugs the chassis mounted fuel filter.
    Eary injector design had spool valves which could stick when cold causing misfiring and rough idle. Think they've all been replaced by now.
    Could go on, been a long day, this is what I remember off the top of my head. Some run great, some have tons of problems.
    I had one i bought brand new despite their reputation in 2006. Only had egr and turbo vane issues which were ultimately my fault. They weren't made to drive 5 miles to work one way. Was 5 years old before it developed high pressure oil leaks.
    Last fall a customer's truck had oil cooler failure, filled the cooling system with engine oil.

I believe that the majority of the bad reputation came from abuse, poor maintenance, and failure to diagnose problems correctly.
    Tuners and chips were readily available to greatly increase power levels without support mods. Stacked chips and then surprised when the heads lifted?
    Change the oil. Use ford filters. Change the fuel filters at least every other oil change. I did mine every oil change. Yes, I know they're $60+. Injectors are more.
    A lot of people still don't understand how the engine management system works. Leads to poor or incorrect diagnosis. Once upon a time was told a story of 4 or 5 replacement turbos, none "worked". Maybe that wasn't the problem? If the exhaust back pressure sensor is plugged (carbon/ coking again) or bad, the ecu will not increase the fuel rate. = low boost & low/no power.
    Just remembered, plastic intake pipe post intercooler has a tendency to crack in the flex joint/ bellows under the air filter.
    There's an updated tube/ pipe available. May just be the same as '03/4.
    I'm sure I'll remember more later. Don't work on them every day anymore.
    OP, good luck with your parts hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I have 1 center cap, it was my spare 1 from my Harley f250, I lost a few of them. It’s yours for free if you want it.

Absolutely, that's only three more to get...
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Must - Go - Faster !

Truck is missing a bit. Was not driven for a long time. Has ARP head studs. It's getting new injectors and nee downpipe, which leaks now. EGR delete may or may not be done. We will find out. Long story on this poor thing, but it's solid.
    Must - Go - Faster !

I bought one of our work trucks 2000 7.3 diesel when the new fleet of 6.0 trucks came in.
    Ford dealer did all the maintenance, trucks had a low hp tune box on them. None survived and the 7.3 diesel is still alive and kickin'

I bought a 2012 body and bolted it up to my truck, man I love this truck
    Sold my Cummins dodge dually that I had bought new in favor of keeping the work truck. Best investment ever
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragcity View Post
    Truck is missing a bit. Was not driven for a long time. Has ARP head studs. It's getting new injectors and nee downpipe, which leaks now. EGR delete may or may not be done. We will find out. Long story on this poor thing, but it's solid.
    Check the connectors at the FICM, the clips break and the connector loosens up because it goes in the underside of the module. It's possible to get some long zip ties around the module to keep them tight. Can also wedge some pieces of heater hose underneath the connector. Some people replace the harness, don't remember how much it is or how hard to do.

Only downside of the egr delete is that the egr valve is the factory "blow off". When deleted turbo surge can blow off intake tubes.
    Plus it's technically illegal.

If you end up doing the injectors do the stand pipes and dummy plugs too, they'll already be out.

All I know is the 7.3 quarter fix LOL. Totally not a diesel tech nor want to be..

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Awesome.... I have a 2002 7.3. great truck. A totally reliable work horse.

I'll have the guy doing the injectors consider the items listed. Thanks to all on the input.
    Last edited by Dragcity; 08-07-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    Must - Go - Faster !

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    All I know is the 7.3 quarter fix LOL. Totally not a diesel tech nor want to be..

Me neither. But that's how my life worked out. Started out as a welder and ended up being a mechanic. There's a shortage of mechanics that can actually fix things in my area.
    Hard to say no when there's bills to pay.
    7.3s are the ****. My service truck had an incredibly rough life with previous owners, but still runs and drives a-b-a.
    I've done more oil pan replacements than actual repairs on 7.3s.
    Wish my excursion was a 7.3. The v10 does sound cool when revved up though. One of my pipe dreams involves putting a blower on it.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I will never claim to know everything, but have picked up a few things over the years. 6.0s are awesome when they run. Still my second favorite sounding diesel(with exhaust). Guess what #1 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrepairman View Post
    Me neither. But that's how my life worked out. Started out as a welder and ended up being a mechanic. There's a shortage of mechanics that can actually fix things in my area.
    Hard to say no when there's bills to pay.
    7.3s are the ****. My service truck had an incredibly rough life with previous owners, but still runs and drives a-b-a.
    I've done more oil pan replacements than actual repairs on 7.3s.
    Wish my excursion was a 7.3. The v10 does sound cool when revved up though. One of my pipe dreams involves putting a blower on it.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I will never claim to know everything, but have picked up a few things over the years. 6.0s are awesome when they run. Still my second favorite sounding diesel(with exhaust). Guess what #1 is.
    Just spitballin' here...British Polar?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Polar_Engines
    Last edited by Mr. Man; 07-21-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Close but no cigar.
    My favorite was made in the good ol' "us of a".

I'm voting for this small CID diesel....

https://newatlas.com/go/3263/

2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information