Thread: Air Conditioning

Air Conditioning

Hey guys is the air conditioning run by the computer? My air in my Son car is not working, cheched it and it shows in the green, by passed the fuse "circuit breaker" under the hood and compressor ran and got colder. Lido built the engine and when Brad picked it up Lido said he did not have time to check it. Could it have been turned off in the program?

Question

A stupid question Baaad GN, but have you checked the fuses?
    2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder w/ Factory Spoiler
    Born: 05/13/2004
    Adopted: 10/23/2004
    Inherited: 04/23/2010

Lid said he didn't have time to check it while picking up a car where he built the engine.

Something doesn't sound quite right here. I've had lid do more than enough work and never ever had an issue with details.
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-White
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-Silver
    2011 Ford Fusion SE

Retired 2003 Mercury Marauder/Trilogy 054
    Retired 2004. 13.00 on Nitrous safely tuned by Alt Auto.

Lidio did not have a chance to look at it last year as the priority was the new motor and I did not tell him about the air conditioner. He told me his' air conditioning guy was very backed up. Since I was in Detroit to pickup the car and I did not want to fly home without it I grabbed it Nothing fishy here just an impatient owner!

Trying to go through it now and fix it. The blower works on it but it only blows hot air. I then put a pressure gauge on it and it said it had too much pressure (was in the red). I let the freon out (came out warm -not cold ?) until I was in the green and then shut the car off and restarted. Nothing happened. I then took the #240 AC clutch relay fuse out and using a wire was able to jump it and get the clutch working. System starting blowing cold air. Went to Napa and bought a new fuse and it did not work. I am now scratching my head wondering if their is something we are missing like a computer function or a switch. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Charlene

DOB -5/26/03
    # 7525 of 7838 for 2003
    She is # 261 of 417 -Silver Birch

Trilogy #188
    5.0 Lidio Stroker Motor
    466 HP/ 443 TQ
    "On a conservative 93 Octane tune!"

Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum
    RIP 8-6-2014
    I love you dad!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR "sorry" if I made it sound like Lido did something wrong!!!!!! Just the opposite! If we didn't "like" Lido we would, opps I mean my son would not have trailored his car to detroit to have Lido build a stoker motor. Just trying to get some coooool air!

There has to be a control for the relay, there also has to be a 12 volt+ source for it and a good ground. If you can bypass the relay, and it works, that tells me that it is either one of those wires going to the relay is defective, or, the control wire/control source, that activates the relay is bad.

Just a bit of troubleshooting will be the key to finding the issue. I don't believe that you can turn the ac off in the tune.

But since the motor was out, a ground could have been left off, a DVOM will be most helpful in diagnosis. Let us know what you find.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Thread Information