Thread: I need help tracking the guy that hit my Marauder tonight

I need help tracking the guy that hit my Marauder tonight

Earlier this evening, a kid driving a Saturn tried to change lanes while I was still occupying it. He hit the right side of the car. We got out, my wife (a former insurance agent) got really bad information. I was preoccupied with the car, and I figured she had it under control. It turns out he had no insurance card on him, and my wife didn't think to get a driver's licence number. I'm pretty sure the name, address, and phone number he gave me was just plain wrong. The address doesn't exist, nor does anybody in the nationwide white pages have his supposed last name.

So what do I have? A licence plate numer and a make on the car. Please can somebody help me to track this guy down. I don't want this going on my insurance. And if I get him tracked down, he will be facing hit and run charges for giving false information. This could have been so easily avoided. It was pouring rain and my wife just didn't think to call the police or get a driver's licence. Below is the solid info I have.

Mid 90's White Saturn SL

MD plate ZWN-286

PM or E-mail me if you can help.
    2002 Lincoln LSE
    3.9 V8 5-speed automatic
    Born 4-12-02
    Purchased 2-20-05

2000 Lincoln LS Sport
    3.0 V6 5-speed manual
    Born 8-30-99
    Purchased 10-2-03

"Imports are like tampons, every ****y has one"

buckyboy Guest
    ...there is a website where you might be able to run his plate..webdetective
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Soulsby
    Earlier this evening, a kid driving a Saturn tried to change lanes while I was still occupying it. He hit the right side of the car. We got out, my wife (a former insurance agent) got really bad information. I was preoccupied with the car, and I figured she had it under control. It turns out he had no insurance card on him, and my wife didn't think to get a driver's licence number. I'm pretty sure the name, address, and phone number he gave me was just plain wrong. The address doesn't exist, nor does anybody in the nationwide white pages have his supposed last name.

So what do I have? A licence plate numer and a make on the car. Please can somebody help me to track this guy down. I don't want this going on my insurance. And if I get him tracked down, he will be facing hit and run charges for giving false information. This could have been so easily avoided. It was pouring rain and my wife just didn't think to call the police or get a driver's licence. Below is the solid info I have.

Mid 90's White Saturn SL

MD plate ZWN-286

Mid 90's White Saturn SL

MD plate ZWN-286

You need to take that info to the local Police Station, they are the proper people to take care of this.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

buckyboy Guest
    if you do, you will run the risk of getting a ticket for leavingf the scene
    Quote Originally Posted by merc406
    You need to take that info to the local Police Station, they are the proper people to take care of this.

Quote Originally Posted by merc406
    Been there, done that. They told me that once we leave the scene of the accident, they wont file a report unless there's an injury. They said it's up to my insurance company to take care of that. Called the insurance company, no help there either.
    2002 Lincoln LSE
    3.9 V8 5-speed automatic
    Born 4-12-02
    Purchased 2-20-05

2000 Lincoln LS Sport
    3.0 V6 5-speed manual
    Born 8-30-99
    Purchased 10-2-03

Find one of your friends who is or knows of a personal injury attorney. They have access to the DMV databases. If that doesn't work, look for a private investigator who will hook ya up fo sho.

Even if you get the guy's info,( if the cars not stolen), what would you be able to do ?
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

Here in NJ an accident report need not be filed if A)there are no injuries, B)total damage is 500 or under.

You can either fix your car yourself, out of pocket, or put a claim in with your insurance company and give them all of the information. I guess it depends how much damage you have, your deductible, etc. etc.

Sorry for your loss, good thing no one was hurt!

hitchhiker Guest

Mid 90's White Saturn SL

MD plate ZWN-286

Surely one of the LEO's on here will help you.

We have several LEO's on MM net.

They can run a cars licence plate if they choose to.

They may need to reach you by phone so that there
    is no documentation that they ran the plate for you.

Hope you catch 'em!

Best Regards

David

Lemme see what I can do.
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

Bummer Stephen, I hope you find the a**hole you hit you. When I had my WS6 I always seemed to have problems with Saturn drivers, don't know what it is. You know now what you should have done so I won't go there. Good luck.

Hey when you do find him the Capital Area Marauders can all show up at his house wearing dark suits and sunglasses.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    "...snip..." Hey when you do find him the Capital Area Marauders can all show up at his house wearing dark suits and sunglasses.
    Ah Ha, another Men-in-Black outing. Great !!!

Stephen, hope you are able to track this down and get it taken care of. Hope the damage to your MM is minor and no injuries involved.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker
    Surely one of the LEO's on here will help you.

We have several LEO's on MM net.

They can run a cars licence plate if they choose to.

They may need to reach you by phone so that there
    is no documentation that they ran the plate for you.

Hope you catch 'em!

Best Regards

David
    If you REALLY wanna get access to some LEO's, check out WWW.CROWNVIC.NET or WWW.CROWNVIC.US

There are quite a few people over there that might be able to do you a favor.
    -2001 Crown Vic - many cosmetic & performance mods
    -2010 Volkswagen CC Turbo
    -2009 Toyota Camry 4-cylinder - MARAUDER KILLER

Thanks to a very special member's help, I have now filed a hit and run report with the Charles County Sherrif's Office. Turns out the tags are off a totally different vehicle!
    Last edited by Stephen Soulsby; 07-28-2004 at 07:06 AM.
    2002 Lincoln LSE
    3.9 V8 5-speed automatic
    Born 4-12-02
    Purchased 2-20-05

2000 Lincoln LS Sport
    3.0 V6 5-speed manual
    Born 8-30-99
    Purchased 10-2-03

I'll cancel then if you don't need anything.

If you do...just PM.

I'm on vacation all week and haven't gotten to the office.
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

Thread Information