Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAMNIT, hit by a frickin uninsured motorist :(

Unhappy DAMNIT, hit by a frickin honda :(

Well, it happened. I was on my way to work earlier today when I approached a road that was down to one lane due to construction going on. I approached this intersection, and stopped as there was a stop sign right there. About 5 seconds later, this dude in a black Honda Accord runs the stop sign, and tries to squeeze along the side of me, even though he has to wait his turn since the road is only one lane big. In the process he hit my rear end and put a really nasty looking scrape down the driver side from the rear door all the way to the bumper where the rubber looking molding around the taillight has also been damaged. What's fricking worse, is this ******* tries to make a run for it after hitting my car. I quickly do a real quick 180 degree turn and take off after this dude and catches up with his ass to make him pull over. No way was some old ass Honda Accord gonna getaway from a Marauder, especially after attempting to pull a hit and run on me.

Someone please help cheer me up

I'll be going to a body shop Wednesday to have an estimate to see how much it will cost. I have a buddy who works at a repair shop, but I don't trust that shop and want a well known reputable shop to do the work
    Last edited by junehhan; 03-08-2004 at 10:37 PM.
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Argh! That's terrible. What is it with the Hondas, anyway? That's what took me out, too. Sorry to hear about your rotten luck, junehhan. Was there much body damage, or is it mostly paint and trim?
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Wish I could cheer you up?

You are on the right path.

Seak out and find a reputable shop to do your repairs.

Seams honda's are a hazzard to the well being of us Marauder owners!
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Unhappy

It's mostly paint and trim, although there appears to be some body damage since I can feel where the metal has kinda dented in a little. In fact, there is more damage that I originally thought because I didn't have a chance to get a close look while I was going off on this dude since I was so angry. I just can't understand how reckless someone can be. What's worse, is he tried to blame it on me saying that I was in his lane. There is no ownership of lane here, because the road is down to only one lane. The first person to arrive is supposed to get right of way, and that's why there was a stop sign there, which he obviously didn't pay attention to.

I think i'm gonna vomit.........
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Patrick Guest
    Hang in their!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Atleast you didnt him!!! So I take it the police gave him a ticket????

It's that gravitational field...the Hondas have smaller engines and do not possess the torque required to free itself from the pull.

Sorry to hear it. Glad that you weren't hurt...other than emotionally. Take it to the shop the Ford dealers go to and insist on OEM parts!
    -Jonathan McClain
    -EVOOA Member# 1337
    -2003 Mercury Marauder DBP/LF (heated seats)
    -2003 Mercury Marauder BLK/DC (former tribal police unit)
    -2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport DBP/LF (Stiegemeier worked AED S/C build in progress)
    -2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor MT/DC "DRAGNET" (HiTech Stage 2 cams, etc. in progress)
    -2016 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium BLK/BLK (LED/Technology Package)

hitchhiker Guest

Hit and run charges...

See to it that this rice blower is charged with hit and run!

Further, get to a Chriropractor and a lawyer and sue his
    rice farting a**!

Best of Luck,

David

Damn! That truely sucks! I hope the cops slam him!

Think of it this way though: Since your MM will be in the shop, mod it! Get some Zack & Mac control arms, get your spring shortened 3/4", DR is running a group buy on MMDS's.

Tom

It sounds to me that you now own a Honda for those bad weather days. I'd make this a@@-clown pay through the nose. The State of Ohio would hit him much harder.
    2003A Black
    Really nice floor mats
    2005 Gold Wing, Really YELLOW

Luckily you were able to control yourself when you caught up to him. I do not know what I would have done after a bonehead manuver like that. good luck on finding a repair shop and insist on the OEM parts at the a**holes expense. Remember when you get the rental it is on his bill, take it 4-wheeling.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Who's your insurance company? If they're any good they will do the leg work for you on repair shops. I would suggest a Lincoln Mercury or a Ford dealer. I sure do hope you get one as good as the folks who fixed mine.
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan
    ......What's fricking worse, is this ******* tries to make a run for it after hitting my car. I quickly do a real quick 180 degree turn and take off after this dude and catches up with his ass to make him pull over. No way was some old ass Honda Accord gonna getaway from a Marauder, especially after attempting to pull a hit and run on me.

Someone please help cheer me up .....
    Did you note that he tried to run away afterwards on the police report?

Well, maybe if we meet up at a meet or whatever, I'll buy ya a beer and we can make fun of Hondas...lol. Does that help cheer ya up?

2003 Mercury Marauder - 300A (Born 9/02, Purchased 1/16/04)
    • 1 Coil Cut Off Front Springs & Rear Air Suspension Lowered
    • PIAA Xtreme White 9007's
    • Red Reflective "MARAUDER" Inserts
    • JLT Performance Intake
    • Accufab Throttle Body
    • SCT-1725 Tuned
    • Borla Mufflers

Uninsured motorist?

Junehhan-

Sorry for your bad experience. It just sucks when you're mindin' your own business and someone just totally ruins your day like that. You have my sympathy.

Your thread title says the Honda (ugh, I practically choke on that word) was uninsured. Those people make me sick. And they couldn't care less because 99 times out of 100, they don't have anything that you could even sue them for. And they're right back out there on the road.

Someone close to me was hit by an "uninsured" motorist driving a Toyota (choke again). Cops ticketed the b*tch (the uninsured driver ) and took her car to the impound lot. Turns out the car had a suspended registration for not having insurance. The cop at the scene basically said, "you're out of luck when there's no insurance."

I felt bad for my friend so I did a bunch of research (with a little help from the local police station) and made a zillion phone calls. Turns out this driver had a long history of driving without insurance. When the dust settled, I uncovered the fact that the person had just put down a deposit on a bare bones assigned risk auto policy. After a battle, that insurance company had no choice but to pay on the claim. The point here is that this policy seemed to be a big secret, state DMV didn't even know about it at that point.

Junehhan, I hope you can uncover something about the Honda driver that will ease your pain, at least monetarily.

troopcar
    03 MM 300B
    -heated seats, cd changer
    -genuine Nascar metal valve stem caps (used, retrieved from pit road after race)
    94 Caprice 9C1 LT1

Man, that is my worst nightmare. Having a knucklehead not pay attention and strike my beauty. Uninsured no less.

Did you request an LEO on scene? Fleeing the scene of an accident can, and should be, a serious citation (in addition to the no insurance). If you did not, do so now after the fact and see what the police can do for you. Tell them you want to make a citizen's arrest. Also, see what your insurance co. can do to help nail this moron. He will continue to do the same irresponsible driving until someone presses the issue!

Aren't we all tired of paying high insurance costs to cover these idiots!!!

Ranger

That's unbelieveable. I would have killed the guy (even if I'd be getting a nicer car) just for being stupid.

Dude pulled a U turn in front of my sister once. She's 5'3 and he was somewhere's in the 6'4 range. She walked right up to this dude and started screamin and cussin. She's not a good influence.

Glad you're ok!
    2007 Honda Accord V6. Fit for a father of two. 5% tint all around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information