Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Chuck Berry, Rock N' Roll is officially dead

Blog Entries
    "The Penny"

What is a Penny?

Is a Penny infinite?

Take a Penny and cut it in half. Then cut the half in half and so on and so on.....

There will always be a piece of the Penny to cut. At some point when the piece of the Penny cannot get any "smaller" it will get "bigger".

A Penny is matter.

A Penny is infinite.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350 View Post
    HA!

I should text him a picture of Beavis and Butthead. He'll be pissed. Not kidding.

I get sad whenever a performer dies that I care about. No more rock n' roll, it's all EDM/computers. We might have the recordings, but lack the living man. Everyone can say he lives on all you want, but if there is no pulse, there is no life. That's at leave my view point. It's not like blowing up an engine in a car and you can bring it back to life with another engine, dead is dead.
    Some EDM is actually pretty good if you can open up to it.
    Dom, we are both musicians and one thing I have found IME is: nothing can get you stuck in a musical "rut" quicker than listening to and playing the same type of music all the time. Opening up to different types of music will also open up your musical creativity.

Now obviously I am not directly comparing EDM to Chuck. Chuck changed everything and that will always remain. His influence cannot be understated, even EDM has been influenced by him.
    Try to hear how much Chuck influenced all music, and you can hear him pretty much everywhere. So yes his physical being is no longer with us, but his legacy can be felt far and wide and it all goes back to him.

It's a sad day for music for sure.
    Just my opinion of course
    Ex Panther Owner

Anyone see his leaked FBI raid video with the prostitute? OMG the LOLzzzzzzz.

RIP

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by sailsmen View Post
    "The Penny"

What is a Penny?

Is a Penny infinite?

Take a Penny and cut it in half. Then cut the half in half and so on and so on.....

There will always be a piece of the Penny to cut. At some point when the piece of the Penny cannot get any "smaller" it will get "bigger".

A Penny is matter.

A Penny is infinite.
    When that 49 cent record sold there were 48 other pennies going somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Some EDM is actually pretty good if you can open up to it.
    Dom, we are both musicians and one thing I have found IME is: nothing can get you stuck in a musical "rut" quicker than listening to and playing the same type of music all the time. Opening up to different types of music will also open up your musical creativity.

Now obviously I am not directly comparing EDM to Chuck. Chuck changed everything and that will always remain. His influence cannot be understated, even EDM has been influenced by him.
    Try to hear how much Chuck influenced all music, and you can hear him pretty much everywhere. So yes his physical being is no longer with us, but his legacy can be felt far and wide and it all goes back to him.

It's a sad day for music for sure.
    Just my opinion of course
    Dude, I work at a music venue and listen to and like everything. EDM and Scream-O I cannot stand. Hell, I went crazy for Meghan Trainer when she came though a few years back, but was more excited for Social Distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    Anyone see his leaked FBI raid video with the prostitute? OMG the LOLzzzzzzz.

RIP

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.
    Yup, I saw the videos. Chuck still managed to stay married for 68 years. After I watched that video with my wife she said "Just promise me you won't piss on a prostitute's face."

The farting was epic too.

LOL
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Dude, I work at a music venue and listen to and like everything. EDM and Scream-O I cannot stand. Hell, I went crazy for Meghan Trainer when she came though a few years back, but was more excited for Social Distortion.
    You completely missed my point, but that's cool.
    Ex Panther Owner

You completely missed my point, but that's cool.
    Ok. Please explain again. Not trolling.

Anybody watching the TV show Sun Records? Brings back how Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee, Colonel Parker, and Sam Phillips all magically got together. Decent show for r&r lovers.

Parker was a real gem. Rumor has it that when he thought Elvis was going to dump him, to gain Elvis' sympathy, he faked a heart attack including an ambulance and a trip to a local hospital ER.

He also didn't want E touring England, and he turned down the lead for E in West Side Story. Again, rumors? Who knows.

I was fortunate to visit Graceland years ago while on a business trip. Something I will never forget.

One musician that I think doesn't get the credit he deserves was Bo Diddley.

Ok. Please explain again. Not trolling.
    Something about finding the good in something you hate and using it to grow as an artist. Like I said, it's cool man just a little friendly musician advice.
    Ex Panther Owner

Something about finding the good in something you hate and using it to grow as an artist. Like I said, it's cool man just a little friendly musician advice.
    I already do that.

I'll give you an example....

The song Swing Swing by The All American Rejects is something I'm not fond of at all, however, the bass tone is my favorite of all time. So, when I record bass sometimes I ask the engineer to match that sound. Even if I dislike everything about the song other than the bass line tone.

I got what you were saying and had the mindset for years. I don't like anything about EDM or Dubstep at all. Just because i don't, doesn't mean I don't respect or acknowledge I can learn from other types.

I already do that.

I'll give you an example....

The song Swing Swing by The All American Rejects is something I'm not fond of at all, however, the bass tone is my favorite of all time. So, when I record bass sometimes I ask the engineer to match that sound. Even if I dislike everything about the song other than the bass line tone.

I got what you were saying and had the mindset for years. I don't like anything about EDM or Dubstep at all. Just because i don't, doesn't mean I don't respect or acknowledge I can learn from other types.
    Gotcha.
    When I played in an "industrial" band back in the early 90s I initially hated it but I'll tell you what- that music will get your timing dead nuts. I mean the music lacked soul IMHO for lack of a better term, and I left the band because of it but by the time I left that band my sense of timing and tempo were much improved. So at least I was able to glean something from a not optimal situation.
    Ex Panther Owner

Basically my point is that only listening to what you like all the time can lead to a vacuum of sorts, musically. You are still young and when I was young I didn't really understand this either. I immersed myself in only what I like and that's cool too, to a point. But you will eventually hit a wall where everything starts to sound the same, your playing can get a little stale and sometimes inspiration will spark from the most unlikely of places.
    Ex Panther Owner

Basically my point is that only listening to what you like all the time can lead to a vacuum of sorts, musically. You are still young and when I was young I didn't really understand this either. I immersed myself in only what I like and that's cool too, to a point. But you will eventually hit a wall where everything starts to sound the same, your playing can get a little stale and sometimes inspiration will spark from the most unlikely of places.
    I hit that wall a few years back.

My XM radio was stuck on the 50s on 5 for months and I didn't care, hell I sitll listen to it all the time, but later I went to Outlaw Country, BPM, Backspin (old school hip hop) Electonica... my pandora has Biz Marky, The Angels, Psychobilly, Hank Williams, Ice Cube, Pantera, Great White, Doo Wop, Ramones, Dead Boys,

I'm all over, but the 50's has been and will always be my favorite music of all time.

My favorite radio station used to play 50's music. Years ago, it dropped the 50's music. I completely understand why. Us old guys/gals are fading away.

They now play a lot of 80's music. Also brings back a lot of memories. Some really good stuff.

But, I went to an eyeglass vendor today to get new lenses. Playing on the in-house music system was a rap or hip/hop song.

I admit it. I'm a dinosaur, but, I couldn't get out of the store soon enough.

And now RIP J. Geils
    2012 Boss 302 LS # 563
    2000 SVT Cobra R # 76
    1993 SVT Cobra # 2162
    2013 SVT Raptor SCrew
    2011 F 350 Worktruck
    2019 Lincoln MKC

I hit that wall a few years back.

My XM radio was stuck on the 50s on 5 for months and I didn't care, hell I sitll listen to it all the time, but later I went to Outlaw Country, BPM, Backspin (old school hip hop) Electonica... my pandora has Biz Marky, The Angels, Psychobilly, Hank Williams, Ice Cube, Pantera, Great White, Doo Wop, Ramones, Dead Boys,

I'm all over, but the 50's has been and will always be my favorite music of all time.
    Ok cool, sounds like you get my point then. I like (and have on my phone) 99% of the music you just listed, and listen to it every day. Glad to hear you have opened up to other music as it will make you a better player.
    Ex Panther Owner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information