Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Alright I have noticed something. In the ads and what not a car with this supercharger is supposed to run a 12.9 and a few have not been able to get outta mid 13s. My question is was 12.9 the record for a stock Marauder with just the blower or are other things needed to run 12s such as headers, slicks (of course and probably the answer) or gears? Someone please shead some light on this. I'm sure the answer is more simple then I realize. And please no one stone me for asking a question.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

It could also be the driver.

ok I can see that
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

With Marauders, once you start getting over 325 HP (at the wheels), then you'll need drag radials on the back to hook up coming off the line at the dragstrip. It's as simple as that. your Marauder can have the most powerful supercharger set-up around, but if you're using standard radial tires instead of drag radials, then your ET's will be all over the place, and it will be hit or miss when it comes to breaking into the 12 second bracket.

For whatever reason, there are a number of guys on here that go and spend the 5 or $6K for the S/Cer set-up, but won't spend the extra grand for the widened rims and the drag radials. So when they go to the dragstrip, their typical 60' times are often the same as bone stock Marauders have done (about 2.0 seconds)despite their cars having 140 HP more than the stock Marauders do. And that's a direct result of massive tire spin off the line. That kills your ET's. Any S/ced car with a V8 engine has to have drag radials to put all the power to the pavement at the track. If you have a S/ced Marauder with drag radials, then you'll likely get into the high 12's (usually 12.9's like you've implied). But definately 13.0's. But you have to keep in mind the track temperatures too. Running your car while in the 90's is a lot different than while in the 50's and 60's.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 10-17-2005 at 01:28 AM.

Not being able to get ET's down to the advertised numbers has been perplexing to say the least.
    For the set-up the Marauder I am driving, with 4:10 gears and a cone filter, most everyone has a Half second or better quarter mile time.
    Justified the slower times, when it was hot, but the last time we had a drag racing outing, the temps were mid to upper 70's.
    The car has run consistantly in the 13.6 range.
    Doesn't seem to matter to the car if it is 90*+ or 70* still the same times.
    I had planned on Drag Radials quite some time ago, but some poor decisions have prevented the aquisition thus far.
    I have inquired to several credible sources, as to the reason/conditions preventing the thirteen flat or 12.9's not being achieved so far.
    A couple days after the Trilogy went on, Lidio was in Chicago @ an NMRA event.
    He was generous enough to chech the cars' parameters, via his laptop and tuning equiptment.
    At that time, all the levels displayed and the way the car performed during the session felt fine.
    Not done with the quest, to make the car go faster, the power is very addictive, as some people will agree.
    Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350
    Alright I have noticed something. In the ads and what not a car with this supercharger is supposed to run a 12.9 and a few have not been able to get outta mid 13s. My question is was 12.9 the record for a stock Marauder with just the blower or are other things needed to run 12s such as headers, slicks (of course and probably the answer) or gears? Someone please shead some light on this. I'm sure the answer is more simple then I realize. And please no one stone me for asking a question.
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

I agree Jason,

The last time, the car was at the track, Zack took a pass in it and did not run it any faster than 13.7

Quote Originally Posted by Rider90
    It could also be the driver.
    Last edited by Bradley G; 10-17-2005 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley@DynoPros
    Not being able to get ET's down to the advertised numbers has been perplexing to say the least.
    !
    Uhmm, didn't you read post #4? Your problem is due to lack of drag radials. Just look at your 60' times on your timeslips, and that should reveal the whole story. You must have noticed a traction problem on the dragstrip, right? If you didn't, then you must not have been giving it full throttle off the line either, and ofcourse that would also explian your poor ET's.

Thumbs up

I disagree with you Billy, The Trilogy kit can not be purchaced for 5K, the only kit available for five thousand is F.I.T. or Dennis Rienharts' and I have not seen anyone post ET's with out a higher stall converter.
    2.0 60' times are not typical, for a stock Marauder.
    The only way to do Drag radials and widened rims for a $G is to use your existing rims.For me this is not practical, although my oem tires now, wont last any longer than the drag radials are capable of.
    You may have the record for the least mileage on OEM tires.
    Eventhough we disagree from time to time, you are still my Hero!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    With Marauders, once you start getting over 325 HP (at the wheels), then you'll need drag radials on the back to hook up coming off the line at the dragstrip. It's as simple as that. your Marauder can have the most powerful supercharger set-up around, but if you're using standard radial tires instead of drag radials, then your ET's will be all over the place, and it will be hit or miss when it comes to breaking into the 12 second bracket.

For whatever reason, there are a number of guys on here that go and spend the 5 or $6K for the S/Cer set-up, but won't spend the extra grand for the widened rims and the drag radials. So when they go to the dragstrip, their typical 60' times are often the same as bone stock Marauders have done (about 2.0 seconds)despite their cars having 140 HP more than the stock Marauders do. And that's a direct result of massive tire spin off the line. That kills your ET's. Any S/ced car with a V8 engine has to have drag radials to put all the power to the pavement at the track. If you have a S/ced Marauder with drag radials, then you'll likely get into the high 12's (usually 12.9's like you've implied). But definately 13.0's. But you have to keep in mind the track temperatures too. Running your car while in the 90's is a lot different than while in the 50's and 60's.
    Last edited by Bradley G; 10-18-2005 at 04:27 AM.

Uhmm, I never said the T kit was $5K, did I? I stated S/cer kits were going for $5K and $6K. And as for 13.0's and 12.9's, I believe that Chuck's Trilogy equipped car did that. The bottom line is that 2.0 second 60' times are terrible for a S/ced Marauder, and that's a direct result of tire spin off the line. What's so difficult for some people on here to understand that? You're not getting into the high 12's because of your lousy 60' times PERIOD. If that bothers you, then spend the $$ for the drag radials. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Sorry if I mis interpreted, the message.

Just trying to keep facts straight.
    I have not seen anyone, post times with a centrifical super charger only.
    Do you know of anyone?

I actually don't think my 60' times are lousy, for this set up.
    I have not seen any better 60' times on stock rubber.I have not seen anyone post a 2.0 60' time stock.
    I don't disagree that drag radials would net me better 60' or ET's.
    Some people have run much better, than My car, with stock tires.
    I do plan on drag radials, but probably not till next season.
    MMM,......I like cake!
    Did I mention, You are my hero?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    Uhmm, I never said the T kit was $5K, did I? I stated S/cer kits were going for $5K and $6K. And as for 13.0's and 12.9's, I believe that Chuck's Trilogy equipped car did that. The bottom line is that 2.0 second 60' times are terrible for a S/ced Marauder, and that's a direct result of tire spin off the line. What's so difficult for some people on here to understand that? You're not getting into the high 12's because of your lousy 60' times PERIOD. If that bothers you, then spend the $$ for the drag radials. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Hero schmero......Marty was running 1.8 60' times when his car was N/A. And that was with the stock rubber, and the same gears as you have. But that's because he didn't have any traction issues just as most owners of N/A Marauders don't. So how does it feel to drive a car that weighs the same, is puting down atleast 75 RWHP more than the N/A Marauders are, and yet you're accomplishing poorer 60' times? Oh well, we can beat this to death, but I guess that won't help.

For the set-up the Marauder I am driving, with 4:10 gears and a cone filter, most everyone has a Half second or better quarter mile time.
    Justified the slower times, when it was hot, but the last time we had a drag racing outing, the temps were mid to upper 70's.
    The car has run consistantly in the 13.6 range.
    Doesn't seem to matter to the car if it is 90*+ or 70* still the same times.
    I had planned on Drag Radials quite some time ago, but some poor decisions have prevented the aquisition thus far.
    I have inquired to several credible sources, as to the reason/conditions preventing the thirteen flat or 12.9's not being achieved so far.
    A couple days after the Trilogy went on, Lidio was in Chicago @ an NMRA event.
    He was generous enough to chech the cars' parameters, via his laptop and tuning equiptment.
    At that time, all the levels displayed and the way the car performed during the session felt fine.
    Not done with the quest, to make the car go faster, the power is very addictive, as some people will agree.
    Stay tuned!
    What elevation is your dragstrip?
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial # 105
    Installed 9/30/2005 - 10/6/2005

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
    Detonator Yellow

1967 Ford Fairlane, 428CJ, 5spd, running dual quads.

The 13.6 ET's are based on Norwalk Mi., Joliet Il. , and Union Grove Wi.
    I can check if that "elevation" information is available.From what I just read, Il and Wi are considered sea level.
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMarauder
    What elevation is your dragstrip?
    Last edited by Bradley G; 10-17-2005 at 06:19 AM.

The 13.6 ET's are based on Norwalk Mi., Joliet Il. , and Union Grove Wi.
    I can check if that "elevation" information is available.From what I just read, Il and Wi are considered sea level.
    I would tend to think (since you were three different strips) that elevation isn't the issue. I am sensitive to that possibility as I run at 3100' elevation. That will make a major difference in my times compared to the rest of the know world!
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial # 105
    Installed 9/30/2005 - 10/6/2005

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
    Detonator Yellow

1967 Ford Fairlane, 428CJ, 5spd, running dual quads.

So how does it feel to drive a car that weighs the same, is puting down atleast 75 RWHP more than the N/A Marauders are, and yet you're accomplishing poorer 60' times?{Quote}
    You have just been relieved from your duties as "Cheer-up committe Director"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information