Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable Pedal Repair.....Ugh!!!!

Adjustable Pedal Repair.....Ugh!!!!

Well,

As always I have experienced a steep learning curve with these damn pedals!!!

I bought the accelerator assembly first thinking it was the drive motor but when I removed the old accelerator I found it to check OK and the brake drive was the problem so I decided to change both....around $200 from my discount parts guy!!

The accelerator is a piece of cake but the #@%!*^%@! BRAKE PEDAL is a PITA!! I actually had to bend part of the frame of the old one to get it out without removing the EEC!!! On the new one I simply cut that part off since it has no relevance to the Marauder and probably is used in another application......putting this assembly back in is still a #@%$!&^* PITA and after screwing with it for 20 minutes it just slipped in.....WEIRD!!!

Hooked everything back up and it works great BUT the cruise control didn't work!!! It seems the brake switch that cuts it off has to have the tab adjusted which I did this AM and all is well now!!

If anyone is going to attempt this repair I'd be glad to talk them through it while it is fresh in my mind....OTHERWISE I'M GOING TO FORGET IT!!!!!

Marauderjack

PS: Photo of the bad gear attached!!
    Last edited by Marauderjack; 12-01-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    No Marauder

Please don't forget how you did it! Mine needs replacing but I'll leave that to Mr. Man. He may want your advice!!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Just replace that brake switch. It usually goes bad after removal.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita View Post
    Just replace that brake switch. It usually goes bad after removal.
    What brake switch?? The whole dang assembly is all they offered and it won't come apart to simply replace the drive!!
    No Marauder

The one that you had to adjust the pin on. It may not hold up after this ordeal.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Heh, every time I see one of these thread, it reminds me of the time my paper shredder broke and I took it apart to see what was wrong and if I could fix it or make it better, and after some tinkering I found that the problem was that there was a gear tooth missing and that I had no similar parts and that an ordered one wouldn't be worth more than its worth, and since I wasn't attached to it I put it back together and put it out on trash day and I think someone took it.
    2003 Black w/Charcoal int. #1301 of the 7839

Current Mods: Lidio 93 3.55 Tune, JLT Intake, Steeda under drive pulleys, Stewart water pump, 180 T-stat, Progard, REAL oil pressure gauge w/ stock face

Current Features:
    6 CD changer, trunk organizer, McGard Wheel locks, domed silver inserts

Coming soon: 4.10s? (maybe)

My baby's theme song?
    Heavy Metal (takin' a ride) 1981 (Don Felder)

I don't think I've ever moved the pedals, well maybe if someone changed the all the way forward position that I leave it at.
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita View Post
    The one that you had to adjust the pin on. It may not hold up after this ordeal.
    Roy.....

All I did was bend the metal tab that pushes the switch plunger in when the brake pedal is released....It works fine for now!!

Something weird is the brake pedal seems much firmer now?? I cannot see how the pedal replacement would make a difference but it did??

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

Why are you people even adjusting your pedals?
    Mine has NOT been moved since Sept 5, 2002.......
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

Ohhh... wait.... y'all let OTHER PEOPLE drive your cars..... oh........
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by O's Fan Rich View Post
    Ohhh... wait.... y'all let OTHER PEOPLE drive your cars..... oh........

Short WIMMEN!!!
    Last edited by Marauderjack; 11-03-2008 at 06:27 AM.
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Short WIMMEN!!!
    "I like swimmin.....with bow-legged wimmin...."

Just don't let 'em drive your car!!!!
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Short WIMMEN!!!
    And the big, tall man that lives at my house.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

My pedals only move an inch or so now. No one drives my car and I never adjust my pedals but I check them whenever one of these threads shows up.

It sucks to hear that it is such a PITA to fix.

They don't seem to move enough for the fuss of adjustment. I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'6" so we don't ever bother with it. Even she says its ghey and pointless. Do any of you need to use this or has it just became handy? I'm afraid of moving it just to have it brake.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information