Thread: Window switch circuit

Window switch circuit

So this week the front driver side window quit working. I did the requisite searches and tried the suggestions of hand against window or door to "dislodge" window but that didn't do anything. Then I noticed that the rear window is also not working from its switch. I can roll the rear driver side window up/down with the master switch, and i can roll the rear driver side window down with its own switch, but the rear window will only roll up with the driver master switch. And the driver master switch for its own its own window will neither roll up/down the window. I guess it's always possible that the driver motor went out at the same time that the switch on the rear door went bad, but it seems more plausible that the window circuit between the two has lost a connection. I tried pulling the master window control apart and got as far as exposing the circuit board and the middle two sets of contact banks. I thought maybe the circuit board would come loose from the contacts but it didn't budge. And I couldn't figure out how to release the button assembly...pulling the locking tabs back didn't release this part and I didn't want to break anything by forcing it.

So, where to start to troubleshoot? If there's a color code chart somewhere for the switch wires or diagram that would help immensely. I can jumper things to test and use my MultiMeter.
    03 300A
    Trilogy #154
    Stainless Works LongTube Headers, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, X-Tube, Rear Cat Delete, Borla Mufflers, 2.5 Mandrel Bent pipes
    Lido tune
    Performance Transmission, 2500 Stall

I had almost the exact same problem and replaced the master switch assembly (ebay brand new $18 shipped) and it fixed the problem and they light up again.

I can fix your switches.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

They are easy to disassemble and clean up.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Try this...

Took about 30 mins on a Saturday afternoon. All 4 windows go up and down with no issues now. Pretty good tutorial (although it's an F-150). It shows how to get the buttons off.

https://youtu.be/XA5GbJsb5Vk

I am SO glad I watched that video.

I have never liked the Express Down feature and always assumed it was part of the DDM and couldn't be modified. The man who made that video pointed out the metal clip that actuates the Express Down and it appears all I need to do is remove that clip to defeat it. WooHoo! Im-a try it tomorrow!
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    I am SO glad I watched that video.

I have never liked the Express Down feature and always assumed it was part of the DDM and couldn't be modified. The man who made that video pointed out the metal clip that actuates the Express Down and it appears all I need to do is remove that clip to defeat it. WooHoo! Im-a try it tomorrow!
    LOL. I want all windows express up and down
    VMARAUDER -
    2004 Dark Toreador Red
    Simply called "The Red Car", Build Date 4-20-2004, #2618 of 3214, #849 of 980 in DTR, Stainless Works LT Headers with SW Full Exhaust, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutches, Dyno by Modern Muscle, Mo's Speed Shop Tune, 277 rwhp 296.43 torque, Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, K&N CAI, Alpine CDA-117 CD Receiver, PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control , Rear Spoiler, Viper Alarm, From Sparta Performance...Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms, Watts Link, Stainless Steel Brake lines, Raybestos R300 S Groove Rotors with Advance Tech Ceramic Pads, Pro-Gard

It Ain't What You Got It's The Way You Use It

New DD 2014 F150 Lariat - EcoBoosted
    and 2013 Lincoln MKX
    1998 Grand Marquis GS 175K Sold at 199k
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Gave away at 251k
    RIP 2003 Garnd Marquis LS 280k miles
    RIP 1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 295k miles

Quote Originally Posted by VMARAUDER View Post
    LOL. I want all windows express up and down

Same!

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Poo. 2000 Grand Monkey uses totally different switches. Oh well.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

I kept watching that video and it got more and complicated, and the parts got smaller and smaller as it went along. I wonder how much it would cost to replace the entire module?
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

It's like a 10 minute job TOPS to clean the contacts every couple of years.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information