Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back in a Marauder!

Back in a Marauder!

I bought my first Marauder in December of 2014 and it was great because I always wanted one! As time went by and I spent more time working on it I realized that I may have jumped too soon on one and was never too happy with the condition of the car despite how much I loved having a Marauder. It was mechanically fine but needed a lot of cosmetic work and I could not justify painting the car with the amount of money it costs to do it right. I was also in the middle of doing a big home renovation project and money was getting tight to finish. I made the decision to sell my Marauder last spring and I instantly missed the car. I actually never even posted that I sold it because I was so bummed out when it left. After that I got caught up in more home renovations and working on some old Pontiacs with my dad. Every day I checked EBay and CL to see what was out there for Marauders and finally decided a few months ago to find another.

Originally I was thinking I wanted a low miles silver birch but the more I looked at them I just felt like a Marauder was supposed to be black, that was when I pictured when I was a kid anyways. I looked at almost every Marauder locally for sale and passed on all of them. I was being picky this time and did not want another car with bad paint and rust underneath. The last one I looked at had a very short Ad and a few cloudy pictures. I only went to look at it to cross it off my list as another car I looked at to do my due diligence. Once I saw it I was instantly impressed. The paint has a beautiful shine, no typical roof rust spots, no clear coat fading, just a ding or two that’s to be expected. The interior was mint, no rips in the seats, back seat looks like it was never used, armrest is mint, you could tell the car was taken care off. It’s 100% bone stock and is the perfect blank slate I was looking for. Most importantly, the car is virtually rust free, which was my number one priority, a tough thing to find in the northeast.

I bought the car from the second owner, first owners were an older couple who drove the car to Florida every winter, which is why it’s so clean. It has 166k miles from all of the driving they did but you would think it had 60k based on the condition. Also, the car had the transmission rebuilt a month ago at a cost of $2300. I have the receipt and the shop owner agreed the 50k mile warranty will be honored even with the change in ownership which is great. I paid $5k for the car, which considering the condition I think is more than fair. I don’t plan on ever selling this one and I hope that never changes!

It’s dirty, but here are a few pics after I towed it home.

Plans for now are new tires, big brakes, and a full tune up. Much more in the future hopefully!

Nice find!
    1987 GN running 10's. 2003 MM Blue Sold and dearly missed!
    2003 Black 300B
    Procharger P1sc with air to air intercooler
    3,000 PI converter
    4.10 Eaton posi 31 spline carrier
    Moser 31 spline axles
    Koos headers, with custom stainless exhaust, Megs tips
    Carbon fiber drive shaft
    Metco control arms
    Every autometer procomp gauge in the catalogue

Good luck with it. I'm in Mass. also and just picked one up. Big brakes for sale here..........https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...d.php?t=104987

Clean specimen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice enjoy!
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Great job, and a great price! I baby mine at 114k, and this paint looks cleaner than mine. Good score!

2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    Nice find!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrilogyMarauder View Post
    Good luck with it. I'm in Mass. also and just picked one up. Big brakes for sale here..........https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...d.php?t=104987
    Quote Originally Posted by 510paesan View Post
    Clean specimen

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    Very nice enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    Great job, and a great price! I baby mine at 114k, and this paint looks cleaner than mine. Good score!

Thanks everyone!

Any idea the sequence #? If it's a very early '03 keep it garaged when not in use as the Sun will kill the clear coat. Congrats on getting back into the madness.

Looks nice! Lose the dealer sticker.. I won't even sign on a car until it's removed!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Nice, Congrats!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I'd say that was rather well-bought.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Any idea the sequence #? If it's a very early '03 keep it garaged when not in use as the Sun will kill the clear coat. Congrats on getting back into the madness.
    Based on the VIN I don’t think it’s that early of a build, but I am going to send away for the certificate to get that information. It was garage kept up to this point, it will stay that way now. Thanks you!

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Looks nice! Lose the dealer sticker.. I won't even sign on a car until it's removed!

That’s my first order of business my next day off along with a big time cleaning!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Nice, Congrats!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    I'd say that was rather well-bought.
    Thank you sir! Probably not the deal of the century, but I am happy with it!

$5k with a rebuilt/warrantied transmission is plenty good.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Nice

Great find my friend. Unless you have bottomless pockets, I would just do the tires, detail it and drive it. Obviously the factory brakes were good enough in 166k miles to protect it from other damage. Just me talking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information