Thread: ABS and Parking Brake light on

ABS and Parking Brake light on

Today when I went to pick up gas the abs and parking brake light came on. The parking brake pedal was not depressed. When the car went into drive the light was still on, I even pulled the release and the light stayed on. So I we were going to limp it home and the car felt like the parking brake was on. As we were at a light we turned the car off and waited when it turned green and started up the lights went away and she was back to her normal self. However the lights came on again and after we got home. I turned it off waited a little while turned it back on and they were gone. I then drove around and tested the abs with some 40-0 stops to see how it would react and everything seemd fine. I was wondering if this is just a quirk in the system or if its something more serious and I should be concerned. I'm about to do a 2 hour road trip so I'm hoping all goes well.
    2003 300A
    Black Marauder with Tints
    K&N Intake, Accufab TB, VRS catted mid pipe, SCT SF Tune, PHP Control Arms. Sold in 2014, totaled out in 2015
    1994 Mustang GT
    Red Convertible
    1/2 Vampire, prefers to stay in a garage as opposed to seeing light.

Check you brake fluid level in the reservour (under the hood). If it is low due to a leak or excessively worn brake pads your brake light will come on.

jeremy

Might also wanna get your hands on a code reader. I am pretty sure that any dash indicators cause corresponding codes to be logged in the car's computer. I have read on this site that some auto parts stores will do it for free, or, any of your buddies with an xcalibrator2 (like me) can pull hte codes for you for free. But I agree that a fluid level check is in order first.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

If the brake fluid is full it could be a wheel sensor.
    Have it checked out by the dealer if still under warranty or another shop of your choice.
    The light is on for a reason and I should be checked forthwith IMO.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

I checked the brake fluid and it was fine. The light did not come back on. My aftermarket warranty is up however my dealer assured me the issue I posted about in another thread, clicking. They will fix it at no cost to me so it might be a related issue since, they had mentioned the sound could be coming from the rear end. I plan on getting an x-cal 2 so if something like that ever does happen I will plug it in right away. Thanks for the suggestions/advice.
    2003 300A
    Black Marauder with Tints
    K&N Intake, Accufab TB, VRS catted mid pipe, SCT SF Tune, PHP Control Arms. Sold in 2014, totaled out in 2015
    1994 Mustang GT
    Red Convertible
    1/2 Vampire, prefers to stay in a garage as opposed to seeing light.

Thread Information