Thread: Smog

Smog

I recently purchased an 03 MM with a supercharger on it. I tried to get it smogged last week and the guy laughed at me. He said that I had to take the car back to stock. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    I recently purchased an 03 MM with a supercharger on it. I tried to get it smogged last week and the guy laughed at me. He said that I had to take the car back to stock. What should I do?

Tell him to go pound sand!!
    There are plenty of S/C MM's passing emissions.

Sent from my iPhone
    Go White Sox!!!

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Call Moraga Smog. Owner is Andre, a friend if mine. Tell him Anthony with the Blue Marauder referred you.

He will not do anything illegal but he can give you the honest scoop. For example, I had a k&n CAI intake on mine. Technically not legal cause it did not have a CARB sticker. He pointed out how I could legally get one so that I don't have to swap out the CAI everytime. Not sure what he can do for you, but he will give it to you straight.

PM for number.

Anthony
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

I was afriad of something like this. Put it under someone elses name in a different state. Or take it all off and put it back on. Have a GM? If so swap vins after you get the smog test done and put the plate on it too. Buy another stock marauder, smog test it, get it to pass, swap vins and sell the stock one. You have options. Haha
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    I notice that you said that you TRIED to get it smogged and the guy laughed. So did he ever run the test or did he just know that the supercharger was aftermarket and refused to do the test?
    May I have your attn. please...... EATON!...... That is all.

What type of SC? IIRC, a Vortech centri is the only SC set up that is CARB certified in CA, don't think you can get a Roots type to pass.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Unfortunately these horror stories crop up from time to time, in states that have stringent emissions testing. Talk to other late model supercharged or modified car owners (by visiting their forums) and see what can be done, short of reselling the car.

All these "fast and furious" cars have to be inspected somewhere.

Procharger will not pass. I called them last year about this. I didn't even have to finish what I was saying.

"Hello are these legal in Calif-" "No!"
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Join a local forum: ca-mustangs.com or norcalsvtoa.com or californiafords.com and post there for more insight

There are mechanism around this legally. Its a hassle for sure and your going to have to pass via a state referee.

However your going to have to get the EGR to work though. IIRC John deleted the EGR and turned off in the tune. You can always call AED and talk to Drew for advice. BTW, John had a Paxton SC on his old CV and passed smog. The only SC's with CARB certification are Vortech and Paxton.
    Last edited by dohc324ci; 05-26-2011 at 10:36 PM.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    FRPP BOSS50 Block w/MMR 900S Stroker 5.3L DOHC 324ci 10:1cr - (321rwhp/360.5rwtq) - Tuned by AED

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    FRPP FR3 Handling Pack|FRPP X Pipe w/GTA Exhaust|Steeda CAI|Hurst Shifter
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LQ4 6.0L LT 4WD
    Cognito leveling Kit, Fox 2.0, BFG KOA2 Radial All Terrains, Magnaflow, K&N and 4.10 gears

For Vortech supercharger (part number 4FL218-110) the California CARB E.O. numbers are D-213-20, D-213-25, D-213-26, and D-213-27. Someday, when I go supercharged, I'm printing the exemption documenations from here http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php just in case. However, when I met the guys at Capital Area Marauders (a lot of them had Vortech superchargers), the exemption numbers is located on the supercharger very visible as plain as day.There is a CARB number for the K&N Cold Air Intake. There is a sticker in the box when I got mine. Even then, I had to walk the guy at the Speedie for my smog test to verify it before he let me pass.

Thanks, very good info, glad to know the details.
    Redster (aka Rodster)
    04 MM DTR
    ONeill equipped
    96 Audi A4 (ONeill equipped)
    2007 Shelby GT (ONeill equipped)(SAAC equipped)
    2002 Sable

Thread Information