Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Road Trip

Thumbs up Marauder Road Trip

Making multiple trips from NC to FL and back in recent months to handle elder issues. Rotating vehicles each trip, it was Marauder's turn this trip. This is the first lengthy trip since leaving MartyO's shop back in August and getting fully sorted sometime afterwards.

Nothing but superlatives. 3k tc 4:10 diff is spot on, transmission behaves as if it reads my mind - desired firmness shift quality at the desired shift points. Great thrust from the retuned motor. Excellent fuel mileage I might add. Filled up with 93 E0 in Augusta, GA - 263 miles to hotel in the Southpoint area of Jax. 'Low Fuel' lamp comes on at 343 miles the following day - 16.4 gallons of Shell 93 E10 tops Marauder off. 20.1 average mpg - very good considering there was little interstate highway - expressway driving.

Found a detail shop that was open yesterday - Marauder was cleaned up quite nicely. My goal of imitating full size car - big block performance similar to late '60s full size cars was achieved. Next? Marauder needs better brakes. Will be my daily driver while I'm here in FL.

Downsides? I'm lamenting the lack of 93 E0. Marauder lost its 'sharp edge' and the idle quality immediately deteriorated. Marauder isn't running poorly but definitely not as 'sharp' as before. Thinking the only 93 E0 available in FL is mostly in the panhandle according to pure-gas.org. Gasoline blended with 'moonshine' is an abomination IMO.

MartyO and crew get my nod for their knowledge and competent work upgrading my car.

Last edited by Invective; 01-04-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Looks like you are in Australia or the Upside Down from Stranger Things Loving my daily driver stock Marauder with 4.10 gears. Thanks to Marty as well.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Looks like you are in Australia or the Upside Down from Stranger Things Loving my daily driver stock Marauder with 4.10 gears. Thanks to Marty as well.
    Must be a 'bug' in the MM board. Posted the same images to FB and they oriented correctly.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

You may be bragging on Marty a little too soon. It looks like he put the tires on the wrong side of the vehicle. I though they supposed to on the bottom of the car.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy Marq View Post
    You may be bragging on Marty a little too soon. It looks like he put the tires on the wrong side of the vehicle. I though they supposed to on the bottom of the car.
    When I selected the 'Manage Attachments' function the window opened and depicted 'virus detected' instead of the normal window that allows one to select images off of their HD. Unusual. I closed the window, reselected 'Manage Attachments' and the correct window opened. Selected images, loaded them and Presto! They're inverted.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Arrow Fixed

Update: Fixed. Uploaded images to Imgur.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Lightbulb Switch Lighting

Update: Refueled yesterday for the second time since coming back to Florida on 12/30. 'Low Fuel' lamp came on at 261 mi and refueled with Shell 93 E10 at 277 mi. 16.76 gal for and avg mpg of 16.5. 80% 'stop and go' - I'm pleased.

Question: Which door switches are supposed to illuminate and which ones don't? Seat heater, window and lock switch lamps on the starboard side front door started flickering last night. Port side front door seat heater buttons have never illuminated since I've owned the car and the window switch illumination for the same door comes and goes. Are the seat controls supposed to illuminate? Trunk Release button icon?

Thanks.

(stock image)

Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Update: Refueled yesterday for the second time since coming back to Florida on 12/30. 'Low Fuel' lamp came on at 261 mi and refueled with Shell 93 E10 at 277 mi. 16.76 gal for and avg mpg of 16.5. 80% 'stop and go' - I'm pleased.

Question: Which door switches are supposed to illuminate and which ones don't? Seat heater, window and lock switch lamps on the starboard side front door started flickering last night. Port side front door seat heater buttons have never illuminated since I've owned the car and the window switch illumination for the same door comes and goes. Are the seat controls supposed to illuminate? Trunk Release button icon?

Thanks.

(stock image)

Answered your question(s) on facebook.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I missed this thread.

Awesome!!!

My previous post is not near as funny now that you fixed the pictures. Can you change it back so that Marty won't think dissing him?

Love Marty, Mean It.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

Lightbulb Update

Update:

Slightly better fuel mileage this cycle, probably due to less driving in congested shopping areas. 'Low Fuel' lamp came on at 283 mi. and refueled with 17.2 gal of Shell 93 E10 at 296 mi., bringing the average mpg this cycle to 17.2 - pretty good for being a 'daily driver' at present in an urban-suburban environment. Proof that a 4:10 rear, 3k stall TC, tune, etc. won't kill your fuel mileage. On-going issue that cropped up on this trip is a sticky hood latch.

stock image
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Thumbs up The End is Near!

Florida Trip with Marauder is coming to a close. Subject to return to FL at any time - nothing scheduled at the moment. Mustang is next on the trip detail. Departed Jax this morning - Aiken County, SC tonight - home tomorrow.

Highlights of the trip:

Marauder ran well up until the last week. Was in the shop for hood latch (stuck closed), Trans fluid leak and driveability issue(s) that triggered CEL. Trans was temporarily ‘repaired’ with MartyO performing final repairs.

Same with the driveability issue(s). Runs well for one or two driving cycles, then get a crap idle the next driving cycle. CEL has not re-illuminated. MartyO taking a look at this too. Recently purchased dead pedal is waiting for me at home - taking it with me to MartyO’s shop and ask them to install same.

Image below taken today on Gordon Hwy in Augusta, GA. Just refueled with 93 E0, first since going back to FL at the end of December. Final average mpg this trip: 17+ mpg city and 20+ mpg mixed city-hwy. No strictly interstate hwy legs this trip.

Last edited by Invective; 02-03-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Jealous that you get to drive yours year round without fear of salt killing it. Sorry to hear about the elder issues. Put some miles on the road for me, will ya? I'm two months away (at least) from pulling mine out of storage.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Making multiple trips from NC to FL and back in recent months to handle elder issues. Rotating vehicles each trip, it was Marauder's turn this trip. This is the first lengthy trip since leaving MartyO's shop back in August and getting fully sorted sometime afterwards.

Nothing but superlatives. 3k tc 4:10 diff is spot on, transmission behaves as if it reads my mind - desired firmness shift quality at the desired shift points. Great thrust from the retuned motor. Excellent fuel mileage I might add. Filled up with 93 E0 in Augusta, GA - 263 miles to hotel in the Southpoint area of Jax. 'Low Fuel' lamp comes on at 343 miles the following day - 16.4 gallons of Shell 93 E10 tops Marauder off. 20.1 average mpg - very good considering there was little interstate highway - expressway driving.

Found a detail shop that was open yesterday - Marauder was cleaned up quite nicely. My goal of imitating full size car - big block performance similar to late '60s full size cars was achieved. Next? Marauder needs better brakes. Will be my daily driver while I'm here in FL.

Downsides? I'm lamenting the lack of 93 E0. Marauder lost its 'sharp edge' and the idle quality immediately deteriorated. Marauder isn't running poorly but definitely not as 'sharp' as before. Thinking the only 93 E0 available in FL is mostly in the panhandle according to pure-gas.org. Gasoline blended with 'moonshine' is an abomination IMO.

MartyO and crew get my nod for their knowledge and competent work upgrading my car.

I run Hawk race pads all the time. They are still low/no dusting and the breaking performance is an improvement. Cheap method till you want to spend alot more money.

52 Ford F1 truck (302 V8 WIP)
    58 Pontiac Parisienne
    93 Mustang Cobra (stock)
    03 Mercury Marauder
    03 Lincoln Town Car
    05 Dodge Magnum (Hemi)
    05 F150 FX4
    15 Porsche Cayenne S

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by FW_Linc/Merc View Post
    I run Hawk race pads all the time. They are still low/no dusting and the breaking performance is an improvement. Cheap method till you want to spend alot more money.
    Thanks for the tip!
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information