Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hack goes Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I dont see how selling the MM, then buying a 13-16k car puts you ahead of the game financially.

What am I missing?
    Welcome to the world of Focus!

Just picked up a pair of diamond black headlamps to complete the stealth look on mine.

Bear in mind, it is so light, it has some difficulty in heavy snow. Even with my Blizzacks on all 4 corners I have struggled in up-hill icy conditions.

Mine is an automatic, and it has never gotten better than 31 mpg. I do drive it very hard and most often in the 3k rpm range running 80-85 mph. Only the 5 speeds get over 32 mpg average.

There are few after market goodies for the '05 and newer models yet. Cold air kits are not available to us either. A performance tune yields great power, but KILLS fuel economy. Ask Lidios friend...can't remember his name. He has a Lidio tuned one. It gets 16 mpg around town.

The only thing I really want to do is the SVT lowing/performance spring-shock kit. She sits way too tall, and it is noticable on power turning.

I love mine however, but you will see after a few bad encounters with a-holes on the freeway...your Marauder WILL be missed. There is no better payback to the moron in the import than V8 MUSCLE in Marauder dress:

2017 Niro

Paul thank you again for the vinyls. I was listeing to them today! Have fun with the new car.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Oh Hack, no fart cans are in the future I hope.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

Quote Originally Posted by STLR FN View Post
    Nope,Im a lease.DJ you disappoint me,It would not take a whole lot of mods to kick your ass without any "Fartcans".

Damnit Paul....you leased it?
    Oh well, no mods for you.

Not sure about the '08s yet...but I am getting a nice Magnaflow catback sys for mine. Improves sound without the cans and adds a bit of HP.

There is a Jackson Racing blower available for some models. Nice!!!

2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by Hack Goby View Post
    Nope,Im a lease.DJ you disappoint me,It would not take a whole lot of mods to kick your ass without any "Fartcans".
    Damn Hack sorry to not meet your expectations. Thought you knew me better than that to see I was kidding. Oh Well guess I was wrong. Enjoy your Focus.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

Damn Hack sorry to not meet your expectations. Thought you knew me better than that to see I was kidding. Oh Well guess I was wrong. Enjoy your Focus.
    Sorry DJ,I wasn`t snapping at you.Doing research I found out that theres some nice stuff for these cars.Now come buy my snow tires.....

I did the stealth tail light treatment to mine last weekend...and the grill black-out. Also deleted ALL of the '06 badging and added the '08 lettering.
    Headlight blackout mod already complete.
    Eastwood-ed the calipers and drums as well. Gloss red / gloss black.

The Magnaflow cat-back exhaust arrived today.

By end of year...the SCT lowering kit booya!

I love my focus.
    2017 Niro

Sounds cool Barry post some pic`s when your done.I would like to do more to mine but right now Im injoying my gas milage 31.0 city and 37.0 highway.I will see it in a month anyway.

I was gonna take pics this evening but on the way home from Youngstown she threw a check engine light and started to run awfull.

I made it to the dealer, and thanks to my esp they put me in a free rental and off I went.

I'll get 'em up.
    2017 Niro

Blacked out grill with black headlamps (difficult to see in this image.)

Tinted tail lamps deleted '06 badging and '08 Focus badging added.

Eastwood calipers in red, rotors in gloss black (rear drums in gloss black).

Magnaflow cat back goes on in the morning (pancake muffler delete).
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by Hack Goby View Post
    With some extra money it could look like this.
    I pray that I will NEVER want something so ugly to drive when I'm 56 yrs old (talking about the above car...not yours). No offense, but I notice a HUGE difference going from my DD Crown Vic to the MM. I cannot imagine the change from a MM to a Focus. Also, I cannot understand the logic of selling a Marauder for a lease economy car AND THEN spending the saved money moddiing it. You end up spending the same amount of money (or more) after mods and end up with nothing at the end of the lease.

If you do spend the money making your Focus like the Focus above (which I bet belongs to a 16 yr. old) I recommend that you also spend the money for dark tints. Then, no one will not that your not teenager until you get out of the car. Might be a chick magnet if you can find a way to stay inside the car.

Please, the above is written with no insult intended. I just don't "get it" (not the first time and I bet will not be the last).

Quote Originally Posted by Shora View Post
    I pray that I will NEVER want something so ugly to drive when I'm 56 yrs old (talking about the above car...not yours). No offense, but I notice a HUGE difference going from my DD Crown Vic to the MM. I cannot imagine the change from a MM to a Focus. Also, I cannot understand the logic of selling a Marauder for a lease economy car AND THEN spending the saved money moddiing it. You end up spending the same amount of money (or more) after mods and end up with nothing at the end of the lease.

Please, the above is written with no insult intended. I just don't "get it" (not the first time and I bet will not be the last).
    The times are changing my friend.If you can still afford to drive your cars at the rate gas prices are going well good for you.Me I am on a fixed income now and needed some changes.Other than the tire/rim package the car will stay stock and Im getting 32/37 mpg so Im happy with that.I loved my Marauder and I still love all my friends I have met on this website but also like change and this is what I chose.Thank you for your kind insult.
    "If you do spend the money making your Focus like the Focus above (which I bet belongs to a 16 yr. old) I recommend that you also spend the money for dark tints. Then, no one will not that your not teenager until you get out of the car. Might be a chick magnet if you can find a way to stay inside the car"
    Now go eat a bug.....
    Last edited by Hack Goby; 05-10-2008 at 06:20 AM.

What he said Paul^^^^. Best of luck with your Focus. I sold my SVT Focus last year and bought a Mercury Milan V6. Love this car. I would love to see Ford make an other SVT type Focus with a six speed.
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA View Post
    What he said Paul^^^^. Best of luck with your Focus. I sold my SVT Focus last year and bought a Mercury Milan V6. Love this car. I would love to see Ford make an other SVT type Focus with a six speed.
    Thanks for the kind words Tom your one of the "Good guys" I just hated waking up to Shora`s view of his world (No insult intended ) Im still looking forward to comming down with John to Atlanta this year for all the fun and hanging out.It don`t get much better than that.
    Last edited by Hack Goby; 05-10-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information