Thread: Need a Tuner

Need a Tuner

I'm hopefully getting in on a group buy for headers. I know I need a dyno tune afterwards. Does anybody know a good tuner close to Oklahoma? I was thinking Dallas or Maybe even Houston. I live in Tulsa. I don't want to trailer my car to Florida or Michigan if I can help it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Filby'sMarauder; 04-06-2011 at 03:52 AM.
    1996 Impala SS - 12.67 at 108 mph
    367 rwhp/ 368 rwtq

2003 300a Twin Screwed - 12.3 at 110 mph
    396 rwhp/ 414 rwtq with box tune

458 rwhp/ 463 rwtq with Lidio tune, Stainless headers, JLT, and 60lb injectors. Tuned on 91 octane. - 11.775 at 118 mph.

Now - 600 rwhp/ 552 rwtq, on E85. Tuned by Jeff at MO's. Waiting for the drags to reopen next spring to hopefully dip into the 10's.

For shure in Texas there are plenty tuners.
    PM -Matt- he lives in Abeline, TX and should be able to help you.

Who's having a group buy on MM headers?

It's on the other site. 15% off Stainless Works. It ends April 15.
    367 rwhp/ 368 rwtq

458 rwhp/ 463 rwtq with Lidio tune, Stainless headers, JLT, and 60lb injectors. Tuned on 91 octane. - 11.775 at 118 mph.

Now - 600 rwhp/ 552 rwtq, on E85. Tuned by Jeff at MO's. Waiting for the drags to reopen next spring to hopefully dip into the 10's.

Quote Originally Posted by Filby'sMarauder View Post
    I'm hopefully getting in on a group buy for headers. I know I need a dyno tune afterwards. Does anybody know a good tuner close to Oklahoma? I was thinking Dallas or Maybe even Houston. I live in Tulsa. I don't want to trailer my car to Florida or Michigan if I can help it.

Thanks
    I can do that from here call me any time its 379.95 free shipping

I received my Stainless Works headers. I'm waiting, until i have a place to get a dyno tune, to put them on. Does anybody know a good dyno tuner in Texas?
    367 rwhp/ 368 rwtq

I received my Stainless Works headers. I'm waiting, until i have a place to get a dyno tune, to put them on. Does anybody know a good dyno tuner in Texas?
    Read quote below (it was #2)

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    "Barry's" the name;
    Drums and Cars are my game

"I smash the pedal; air and fuel go in; witchcraft happens; I go fast!"

"No question is stupid, if you don't know the answer!"

2004 / Black / 1981 of 3214.
    #184 of 509 in black out of 1214 total in all three colors with the moonroof option.

A dyno tune is not really needed if you go with someone that has tuned Marauders. I did a dyno tune and afterwards had the tune looked at by a friend that tunes cars and they added some fuel for the header but not much else changed from the stock or can tune from SCT. I spent close to $900 dollars for travel and dyno and tuning. I should have just got the tunner like my friend told me for the $379.00.

Good luck.

Russ
    Russ, Monroe NC.

Quote Originally Posted by 03mmmonroe View Post
    A dyno tune is not really needed if you go with someone that has tuned Marauders. I did a dyno tune and afterwards had the tune looked at by a friend that tunes cars and they added some fuel for the header but not much else changed from the stock or can tune from SCT. I spent close to $900 dollars for travel and dyno and tuning. I should have just got the tunner like my friend told me for the $379.00.

Good luck.

Russ

Agreed - you don't need to strap onto a dyno for headers install. You only need to tweak a few parameters to adjust the timing between fuel injection through to the O2 sensors which are moved further back. Dennis can take great care of you for a lot cheaper than a full dyno tune would cost. Give him a call.

Quote Originally Posted by 03mmmonroe View Post

Good luck.

Russ
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBoomz View Post
    Agreed - you don't need to strap onto a dyno for headers install. You only need to tweak a few parameters to adjust the timing between fuel injection through to the O2 sensors which are moved further back. Dennis can take great care of you for a lot cheaper than a full dyno tune would cost. Give him a call.

His car has a twin screw, there is more to tuning it than can be solved in a canned tune. You will get more bang for your buck taking it to a tuner that is familar with the Marauder.

I know that Lidio has a service that he uses that can pick up and deliver your car if need be, via enclosed hauler, licensed, bonded & insured, they did mine, and I must say that I was quite imporessed with the price and service.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBoomz View Post

I just sold a tunner to a member here with user options, he chose to take it to the dyno on my tune on a Mustang dyno at 95 degrees it made 265 RWHP they added a little fuel and it made even more but the AF was safe 13.5 N/A the car had LTH

Quote:
    Originally Posted by musclemerc

I tried and never received an answer from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    His car has a twin screw, there is more to tuning it than can be solved in a canned tune. You will get more bang for your buck taking it to a tuner that is familar with the Marauder.

I know that Lidio has a service that he uses that can pick up and deliver your car if need be, via enclosed hauler, licensed, bonded & insured, they did mine, and I must say that I was quite imporessed with the price and service.
    EXACTLY!

Can anybody help with a tuner in Texas? If not I may be road tripping to see Lidio.
    367 rwhp/ 368 rwtq

Bump

Anybody?
    367 rwhp/ 368 rwtq

Thread Information