Thread: Help interior lights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help interior lights

My interior lights will not shut off on my 2003 300a. I have checked all the doors to make sure they are shut properly, and the light dimmer toggle is not on, I also noticed that when i drive the car and put the car in drive the door locks would lock and the lights would dim they do not now, they wont even if I try to manualy lock the doors they pop back up. It is hard to drive the car at night at this point because of the brightness and short of pulling all of the bulbs till I get it fixed is there a fuse I can pull till I figure this out.

Thank you

car

spray wd 40 or something like it in all your door latches. Sounds like one of the door ajar switches is stuck. They are located in the door latches. Spray a ample amount in each latch and open and close the door several times. This should cure the problem.

ed

Gonna sound odd / obvious, however, check your dimmer switch/dial. *May have it cranked to turn-on the interior lights.

Thank you for the feed back but the first thing i did was spray the door latches with WD-40 and the dimmer toggle is not on.

The only controls for the interior lights are the:

Door switches
    Dash light control
    LCM

If you checked all of the door switches and its not the control on the dash then look at the relays in the LCM one maybe stuck and the Omron relays arent the best. My bet though is the door switches first then the LCM. Also make sure one of your kids or jerky friends didnt put all of the lights on in the car manually !!
    Last edited by Richy04; 01-04-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Thank you to all who replyed. When I got in the car to go to work today it was working fine. The car has 125,000 miles so I have to deal with the small electrical problems that will pop up and then clear themselfs.

Please don't be lulled into a false sense of security, if it is an electrical problem, it will return, and usually with much harsher circumstances.

Thread Information