This is a continuation of the 'Check Fuel Cap' thread in the 'Interior Electronics' category.

This afternoon, Check Engine lamp came back on about 5 miles away from home, at the very same time I actuated the cruise control. Periodic 'erratic idle' (without stalling) returned.

About two weeks back, a periodic 'erratic idle' (with stalling) situation developed not long after refueling. No warning lamps or codes. Ford dealer checked out car and could find nothing wrong, including taking a fuel sample for visual check.

Two days ago, the 'Check Fuel Cap' illuminated about 5 miles away from start. During a trip later in the day, the 'Check Engine' lamp illuminated about 5 miles away from home and the periodic 'erratic idle' returned. Dropped off car at local shop late in the day, along with the car's service history.

Shop phoned the next day, stating the 'canister purge valve' required replacement. Picked up car, ran well and no 'Warning Lamps" until today. Seems like we have gone full circle and are back to the original issue. Dropping car off at the shop tomorrow tonight. I'm away from home so I don't have access to my SCT device to check for codes - won't travel again without it!

Any thoughts?