Thread: My Dynotech Experience

My Dynotech Experience

Well everybody knows I have been having issues with my driveshaft from Dynotech not fitting in my MM. Ima clear alota smoke thats in the air...

First off if you buy a driveshaft from Dynotech, be prepared to deal with some real asshats that wont really help you at all, if your having issue like i had. (JIM)

When I bought my shaft approx 2 months ago, I never thought it wouldnt fit. That had to been the last thing on my mind before i blew 634 on a driveshaft. Geez can they just give a warning or something.

Ok now this is were it gets interesting. Jim mentioned he sold 3 of these Driveshafts in the past couple months for the MM crowd.
    Out of those 3, 2 of em including me, are having issues with the yoke they supply with their driveshaft not fitting into the tailshaft housing.

So his only great word of advice is to use your factory slip yoke dampner on their Driveshaft and report back.

Well it looks like im not the only one to fall for his bad advice. Another person from the MM gang did it and never sent their driveshaft out to get rebalanced. Really?? Whoever this person is needs to come out and say it.

Wells thats just not really great advice at all. What kind of representive from a company tells a customer that??

Reason why I say this is because the Driveshaft is already balanced with the yoke they supply so putting a different yoke dampner would need it to be rebalanced and that means shipping back out, downtime of install etc..

This driveshaft could of been installed the first time if it was build right. Instead it took 3 times yes 3 times to get installed. 1st time the Tranny shop said it didnt fit. So I said OKAYY letme try taking it somewere else. So I took it to JustBob and he also couldnt get it to fit in the tailshaft housing. Called Dynotech and thats when they gave me the run around.

This is when Bob mentioned if it was his company he would overnight ship a new Driveshaft to my house with the correct yoke and send out the old one after installing the new one. That probaly would of been the best way to handle my issue. But did they do that? Hell Funkin No!!

The only thing they got to offer is me sending out the Dynotech driveshaft with the harmonic dampner slip yoke and they will rebalance it and ship out for free with the return label shpping also.

Well in order to do that, I would need a new harmonic damper slip yoke and u-joints so i can put it in my old stock MM driveshaft in the car, while I send out their busted azz Driveshaft back to em.

Now this is were it really gets interesting...

They said Ford stopped making the OEM Harmonic Dampner. Well thats another lie because I called my local Ford dealer and its not discountinued they have it. The part number is F8VZ4841AA

Again when I mentioned that to him, I got another shady azz response by him mentioning that, thats what his parts guy told him. He said he would call me back to make sure and he never did. The part # that he said the oem yoke is F5ZY4841A. The part # the Ford dealer gave me is F8VZ4841AA.

So I got 2 options.

1. Send it back get a refund
    2. buy a new harmonic dampner and u-joints to put in the old driveshaft while i send out the Driveshaft with the harmonic damper yoke to Dynotech to get rebalanced.

Now does option 2 really make sense?? Is it really worth it to go through all this? HELL NO

End of the day im tired of dealing with Dynotech and their shady azz buisness.

If you buy a Driveshaft from them, do it at your own risk you were warned.
    Last edited by Chi Stallion; 07-12-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

Could you take the Dynotech driveshaft and your yoke to a drive shaft shop and have them balanced here in Chicago? I know it is a pita but then you could get it done and finish this crap up.

Charlene

DOB -5/26/03
    # 7525 of 7838 for 2003
    She is # 261 of 417 -Silver Birch

Trilogy #188
    5.0 Lidio Stroker Motor
    466 HP/ 443 TQ
    "On a conservative 93 Octane tune!"

Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum
    RIP 8-6-2014
    I love you dad!

I have a spare DS from my MM if you need it, boxed and ready to go.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I guess I will just swap the one from my vic into mine and it does not have that stupid damper on it

waiting to be blown
    You can run all your life but not go anywhere
    positive manifold pressure leads to coitus

I think we all know that I wasn't happy, and after taking my car up to 85 today I'm looking for the elusive answer to my drivetrain vibration. I can't blame it 100% on my drive shaft, buts it's still a possibility..... Next I'm tearing into the diff to rule it out.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox (sold)
    2004 DTR - shitbox #2

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I have a spare DS from my MM if you need it, boxed and ready to go.
    I really appreciate the kind offer. Ima try to take matters in my own hand and handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Bad Merc View Post
    Could you take the Dynotech driveshaft and your yoke to a drive shaft shop and have them balanced here in Chicago? I know it is a pita but then you could get it done and finish this crap up.
    Thats seems to be the best most reasonable idea. Just gota find a good d/s shop in the area that can rebalance it and do it on the spot. Now even though dynotech offered to rebalance it, I dont wanna go through em again. Ive really had it with them and god knows how long it will take em to rebalance and ship it out.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all this crap!

Why were you replacing the driveshaft in the first place?

What was wrong with the stock one?

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all this crap!

Why were you replacing the driveshaft in the first place?

What was wrong with the stock one?
    Thats a good question. Nothing was wrong with the factory d/s besides it not being made to handle high speeds past 120 and blowing out your tailshaft seal. Thats a risk I didnt wanna take as I seen this happen to too many members. Just wanted the upgrade for future plans of adding a supercharger.

So while I ordered the driveshaft I thought this might be the perfect time to order the tailshaft housing with forced lube mod from blue oval chips. So I did just that in future plans of chasing my dream and gettin supercharged.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints

I have had my car up to 160MPH! And past 120MPH more times than I can count since I have been S/C! (that's been over 4 years)

Never had a problem! Never had any vibration issues.

Personally I would have left the stock one alone if you weren't experiencing any problems with it.

Hope you get it all worked out bro.

The KING of BLING!

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    I have had my car up to 160MPH! And past 120MPH more times than I can count since I have been S/C! (that's been over 4 years)

Never had a problem! Never had any vibration issues.

Personally I would have left the stock one alone if you weren't experiencing any problems with it.

Hope you get it all worked out bro.
    I remember this, you were dating Halle Berry at the time. What ever became of her?

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Stallion View Post
    Thats a good question. Nothing was wrong with the factory d/s besides it not being made to handle high speeds past 120 and blowing out your tailshaft seal. Thats a risk I didnt wanna take as I seen this happen to too many members. Just wanted the upgrade for future plans of adding a supercharger.

So while I ordered the driveshaft I thought this might be the perfect time to order the tailshaft housing with forced lube mod from blue oval chips. So I did just that in future plans of chasing my dream and gettin supercharged.

How many times will you be going north of 120 for an extended period of time?

How many Marauders with the stock ds have blown out the tailshaft seal? I only recall one and that was a long time ago.

I think you've created a "mountain out of a mole hill".
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

How many times will you be going north of 120 for an extended period of time?

How many Marauders with the stock ds have blown out the tailshaft seal? I only recall one and that was a long time ago.

I think you've created a "mountain out of a mole hill".

+1 on that.
    I know you've had a bad time w/Dyno Tech and all but I've had my car well over 120 mph (146 w/no S/C!) and no vibration problems. The forced lube to the tailshaft bushing is a good idea.
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

What Krytin said! ^^^

Every time I see one of these driveshaft threads I tell you guys.

IT'S A WASTE OF MONEY!

Again that's my personal opinion.

The KING of BLING!

It doesn't take speeds of 120+, nor is there always vibration you can feel.

Read this article about driveline critical speed, written by Jerry Wroblewski.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thread Information