Thread: Modifying the cooling system..

Modifying the cooling system..

Due to the condition of my coolant crossover when I got my marauder project and how expensive it can be to find one in decent condition I was wondering how some of you guys have modified your cooling routes? I am looking at On 3 Performances crossover delete kit. But to add to this I am curious if I could just fabricate lower radiator hoses that go straight from the lower coolant port on the block to the bottom port on the radiator? So up top I have the kit going from the top of the block to the top port and in effect simplifying the cooling system? Thoughts? Any helpful feedback is appreciated

Also I am wanting to keep my heater core hooked up and I believe the delete kit allows for the heater lines to hook up correct me if I am wrong.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler33 View Post
    Due to the condition of my coolant crossover when I got my marauder project and how expensive it can be to find one in decent condition I was wondering how some of you guys have modified your cooling routes? I am looking at On 3 Performances crossover delete kit. But to add to this I am curious if I could just fabricate lower radiator hoses that go straight from the lower coolant port on the block to the bottom port on the radiator? So up top I have the kit going from the top of the block to the top port and in effect simplifying the cooling system? Thoughts? Any helpful feedback is appreciated
    You can modify the lower radiator hose to work with the Xover delete kit, and the two hoses coming off the heads go straight to the thermostat housing , there is no reason to interrupt the heater core.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Thread Information