Thread: Anyone have stock height measurements?

Anyone have stock height measurements?

Greetings, folks! I am preparing to install a RideTech coilover setup on my '04 in the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone might happen to know the stock front and rear fender lip heights? I can't use my vehicle as a reference because it doesn't sit properly from side to side. I'm told (by a Ford shop I trust) that I have a damaged front shock...that's what they said.

Anyway - if anyone has measured this and is willing to share those measurements, I would greatly appreciate it. It will provide a reference when lowering the car with the RideTech gear.

Thanks very much.

ridetech's will lower front of the car 1.5 or so . i have them on my car. you will need camber bolts for the camber adjustments
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I got 27.75" F and 29.25" R (completely stock & unmolested)
    Last edited by kirk; 06-15-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Measurements from stock 128K car

Mine measure 28-1/2 front and 29-3/4 rear.

My rear has always seemed to sit 'high,' didn't notice it all that much from the front. (The car, I mean, not myself.)

I have a bone stock 04 DTR.

Qualification: I just had lower control arm bushings replaced within a couple hundred miles ago, so fresh front end rebuild. Not sure how that might affect things.

Hope this helps.

Keith in Houston
    '04 DTR

with my Ridetechs, my front is just under 27"
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

The rear can vary because of the air springs.

Thanks everyone for all the info - that gives me a reference to work from. And thanks, RubberCtyRauder - yup, I've got the SPC parts ready to go as well (the updated ones that won't move). Looking forward to fixing the car's altitude problem...

Okay, so the Ridetechs are installed, and I'm sorting out the settings and ride height adjustments. Unfortunately, the car still sits unevenly, mostly in the back. If anyone has ideas for what might be causing this, I'd appreciate your input. The bags don't leak, the compressor cycles exactly as it should, but there's a 1/2 inch difference from one side to the other. I have Metco arms and Watt's link, along with ADDCO sway bars front and rear, all greased last week. The tire pressures are all even as well. And all the electricals were checked last fall at a Ford dealer whose shop I trust.

Has anyone had issues with Metco arms binding, and could that even cause something like this? Is it possible for the bags to be sitting at different heights even though they should be identical? Can the area where the bags mount move or collapse?? Maybe a funky sensor at one corner?

I'm kinda grasping at straws here, but I know that if anyone's dealt with this, they're probably on this forum...and direction at all would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherfreak View Post
    but there's a 1/2 inch difference from one side to the other. Maybe a funky sensor at one corner?
    There is only one ride-height sensor, the one attached between the Watts Link and the frame.

I suppose you could try swapping the air springs side-to-side, but bear in mind many people back in the early days mentioned their cars sitting unevenly by ½" or so and no one ever found any definitive reason.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    There is only one ride-height sensor, the one attached between the Watts Link and the frame.

I suppose you could try swapping the air springs side-to-side, but bear in mind many people back in the early days mentioned their cars sitting unevenly by ½" or so and no one ever found any definitive reason.

^This. I’ve yet to measure a car that sat perfect. Even non air bagged cars commonly sit uneven. Especially as they age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I did not know that - I assumed this was just a problem on my car. Good information to know, and thanks for the input. I'll keep trying to find the problem (if it can be found), but with the knowledge that it might just be the way it is.

Thread Information