Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: What made you want a marauder??

First time I laid eyes on Marauder was in 04/05 when I was 11 or 12 years old. There used to be a black Marauder with no tint and a pillar gauge pod that would visit the convenience store across the street from my Elementary school every other day. I would always stand there watching it drive off but never knew what it was. I always thought it was a modded crown vic or something since I had only been around Crown Vics and Grand Marquis. Eventually, I found out about Marauders and wanted one ever since. Never thought I would actually find a clean one locally since I probably only seen 1 or 2 driving around over the next 13 years.

I have owned mine for about a month so far and I'm loving every moment of it! I still can't believe I finally own one. The attention this car gets is absolutely ridiculous!
    -Manny

2003 Marauder 300A
    2003 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra - 2.3 Whipple
    2006 F150

I had the 2004 Mustang Mach 1, and fell in love with that engine, sounds so cool at hi rpm's. Unfortunately, had to sell stang trying to save house. So, a couple years later, lost house, divorced wife, and always wanted a Marauder. So, after the divorce, I had the Ford Focus ... I then found a 40k miler black Marauder that I fell in love with, so I flew off the Texas, got her, and drover home to California. Love at first sight!!! Now she has 108,000 miles and I am rebuilding everything I can to get her ready for my retirement

Quote Originally Posted by 03Rauder View Post
    First time I laid eyes on Marauder was in 04/05 when I was 11 or 12 years old. There used to be a black Marauder with no tint and a pillar gauge pod that would visit the convenience store across the street from my Elementary school every other day. I would always stand there watching it drive off but never knew what it was. I always thought it was a modded crown vic or something since I had only been around Crown Vics and Grand Marquis. Eventually, I found out about Marauders and wanted one ever since. Never thought I would actually find a clean one locally since I probably only seen 1 or 2 driving around over the next 13 years.

I have owned mine for about a month so far and I'm loving every moment of it! I still can't believe I finally own one. The attention this car gets is absolutely ridiculous!
    Yes, I forgot to say the reactions!! I been stalked by 90 year old man videoing me, rich lady in mercedes flipping me off and videoing, trailer trash lady with dog on lap using every swear word possible, all just out of the blue, I find it funny.. some cops like it (border patrol here in socal love my marauder) some cops don't like it...

This weekend was doing a little road racing in the mountains and held off some Porsche's, I mean we were moving, my big 315s on the back really stuck, when we parted, I got thumbs up and hurrahs, now when does that happen from Porsche owners ...
    Last edited by rsdunphy; 06-18-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rsdunphy View Post
    This weekend was doing a little road racing in the mountains and held off some Porsche's, I mean we were moving, my big 315s on the back really stuck, when we parted, I got thumbs up and hurrahs, now when does that happen from Porsche owners ...

DEFYANT ran the road course with the Porsche guys several years ago. They were impressed with the performance of his Marauder in the twisties. They were even more impressed when he popped the trunk to reveal a cooler full of beer and all of the orange road cones that he picked up from the course that had been laid out.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Blog Entries
    I had a Grand Marquis, then 3 SHOs.

I wanted something bigger with rear wheel drive and performance.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

I first saw the articles in 2001 about a new vehicle coming, saw one at Car Show in 2002 here in Atlanta, ordered one online from Frank Jackson LM. Two cars came in and 3 people were called to come check them out to see if we wanted them as dealership was closing the next day. Todd Fisher and I got there first and took the only two Marauders that Frank Jackson ever sold.
    I installed Trilogy 110 from Dennis Watts car when he won the Twin Screw drawing.
    I kept the Marauder for 15 years and enjoyed every minute of the time I had it. It was my daily driver for 13 of those years, so miles accumulated. Last two years I only drove to Marauder Breakfast, Car Shows, Carlisle, and Hot Rod Power Tour.
    The Trilogy Installation and Zacks Big Brake Kit were the best mods I did to the car, although a lot of miscellaneous mods were also done to the vehicle.
    I sold the vehicle in 2017 to a person in NC, it is now at Sreetside Classic in Austell, GA for sale.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

I always like big 4 door plane jane looking cars with power. Saw the ads for the Marauder and it looked mean, but still subtle enough not to attract too much attention. I liked the understated all business look. Same feel as the Impala SS when it came out. It just looks like a big car with a set of custom wheels, but it really is a well balanced package. Couldn't afford one new, and I put it out of my head.

3 years ago I had a seizure on the way home from a VA appointment, and totaled my truck. Insurance didn't give me half what my truck was worth, and I had to go vehicle shopping with only 7 grand. Saw an ad for the Marauder and fell back in love. Had to bargain the guy down to get it in my range, but I got it.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I always like big 4 door plane jane looking cars with power. Saw the ads for the Marauder and it looked mean, but still subtle enough not to attract too much attention. I liked the understated all business look. Same feel as the Impala SS when it came out. It just looks like a big car with a set of custom wheels, but it really is a well balanced package. Couldn't afford one new, and I put it out of my head.

3 years ago I had a seizure on the way home from a VA appointment, and totaled my truck. Insurance didn't give me half what my truck was worth, and I had to go vehicle shopping with only 7 grand. Saw an ad for the Marauder and fell back in love. Had to bargain the guy down to get it in my range, but I got it.
    Congrats to you!! Welcome to the family!

It was a pretty small article in Road and Track about the upcoming 302 hp Marauder etc etc. I was in high school and I tried to convince my dad to buy one, but he wasn’t nearly as intrigued. It took about 15 years, but I finally got my hands on one and I still love every mile with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooptie View Post
    This made me want one
    Heck, that photo makes me want another one!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

first time i ever seen a marauder was back in 2004. There was a new clean black 03 at a gas station, had a little crowd adoring the vehicle. I didn't even know what it was but agreed she was a nice car. Fast forward 13 years and a friend of a friend had the car for sale. Its now added to my fleet.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread Information