Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MARAUDER PRICING

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I can see the $8 offers pouring in right now.

I'll not stand by and let that car go for $8...
    I'm gonna raise the bid to $12!
    2004 silver birch, procharged, silvania silverstars, flowmaster 40's, mild tint, planet audio rear speakers....SOLD....

2003 black, 4.10's, lidio tune, flow master 40's with after cat delete, PIAA headlamps, Metco upper/lower control arms, Metco watts link, rear Addco anti sway bar, front grill gods head, tint is beyond aggressive....SOLD....

On the LookOut for #3... Have a Blue Baby in my sights. Open to suggestions on low mile blue/black offers.

Quote Originally Posted by kartherma View Post
    I'll not stand by and let that car go for $8...
    I'm gonna raise the bid to $12!

Lol ........

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

These are 4-door modern cars that in the end were compromised by the bean counters. Under powered, over priced to begin with and few bells and whistles for that price. All make for less than a future valuable. But you never know. As others have said rare doesn't always mean valuable - there are reasons few want a 1970 4 door chevelle with a 3 on the tree. If its out there it won't get much.

Not sure the GM, Crown Vic comparison will matter in the future either - a Marauder is a different car same as a 442 is from a Cutlass, GS/Skylark, Tempest/GTO and Chevy Deluxe 300/Chevelle SS . There is a big difference in the price of each of those
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

What is it worth?

A Marauder "is what it is". The real value and pleasure comes
    from driving the car. An old style Body-on-frame...V-8 Rear wheel
    drive, an American Icon. A big old dinosaur by today's standards, where
    most would like to see it off the road. And to others (like us) the value is
    "priceless" which is the enjoyment that comes from driving it and
    owning a piece of Americana.

Gotta Love It!
    "Best of Show"
    MARAUDERVILLE IV
    ORLANDO, FL
    11/11/06

Member #1031
    Brand New 2003 "Black over Black" 300B
    Conceived 2/25/03
    Born 3/21/03.. "7002 of 7838"
    Home 5/26/03 showing 19 miles!

TRILOGY (Eaton M-112) Supercharger #152
    ALTERNATIVE Automotive (Xcal-2) TUNE
    K&N AirCharger... Part No. 63-1111
    FLOWMASTER Super 40's with stock Megs tips
    FoMoCo OEM Rear Spoiler/Black Titanium SS inserts
    FORD GT Coil Covers (Ford Blue)
    FormulaONE Window Tint "Pinnacle Series-35"
    METCO DS/Loop

1972 Buick Skylark 350 Hardtop Sport Coupe
    Antique Gold with Dark Saddle Vinyl interior
    "Last of the original Muscle Cars" bought NEW(7/5/72)
    and still kickin' ass!

I just bought a 2004 silver one from Maryland .65k 2 owner . diamond in the rough . just dirty, well maintained . couple of whiskey bumps in the rear . guy was 80 years old , and now gone . paid 7500.00 . IMO that was a easy 10-11 k car . interior is new condition , bone stocker .

Quote Originally Posted by marauderrocks51 View Post
    I just bought a 2004 silver one from Maryland .65k 2 owner . diamond in the rough . just dirty, well maintained . couple of whiskey bumps in the rear . guy was 80 years old , and now gone . paid 7500.00 . IMO that was a easy 10-11 k car . interior is new condition , bone stocker .
    Sounds like a good deal! Sure you wouldn't have been happier with a different marauder listed at twice the price and double the miles? Lmao

Seems like a lot of 100k+ cars listed at $12k+
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Merc-O-matic View Post
    A Marauder "is what it is". The real value and pleasure comes
    from driving the car. An old style Body-on-frame...V-8 Rear wheel
    drive, an American Icon. A big old dinosaur by today's standards, where
    most would like to see it off the road. And to others (like us) the value is
    "priceless" which is the enjoyment that comes from driving it and
    owning a piece of Americana.

Gotta Love It!
    ^^^^^^

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

When the vega cosworth twin overhead cam came out I'm sure their owners are still kicking there own butt, the MM is and was intended to compete for the collector market and that market will be the low mileage original version

This is my point of view:
    • cool never goes out of style; Marauders are cool
    • Cool is generally not cheap; compare prices of crown Vics and Grand Marquis to marauders and they are relatively expensive.
    • I like having something different; driving a marauder you set yourself apart from the common and abundant. Mustangs, Camaros, challengers and chargers everybody and their momma has those cars. Market is over saturated.
    • price? Price is all over the place and it is to be expected. Some cars are beat and can't expect top dollar, and others are garage queens. Of course such cars will be worth more money. All depends in how well the car is taken care of.

price

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Sounds like a good deal! Sure you wouldn't have been happier with a different marauder listed at twice the price and double the miles? Lmao

Seems like a lot of 100k+ cars listed at $12k+
    lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry24 View Post
    For the members that own MM for a DD, I think we just want to own something you don't see everyday. The 03-04 MM to me is the last modern classic car out there that has the rep of a Grand National or an Impala SS. I don't mind driving a high mileage MM, doesn't make it less of a MM. I adopted mine and had to put in that work on her & for me it's worth 10k but to the next guy is worth 7k or less.
    I’m exactly 34 days into the ownership of a 2004 silver birch MM. It’s my current daily driver and it’s pretty stock as far as Marauders go. Gotta say, so far I’ve enjoyed every moment behind the wheel. Those who know know...I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know! Without doubt, this car is a pistol. I’m still getting acclimated and loving it. These cars are classic by any stretch and I expect 'em to be that way for sometime. For me, it was an investment in more ways than one. Like Gerry said, it ain't the everyday-getaway!!

I really appreciate this site and this thread in particular. The input has been helpful, interesting, and it’s enhanced & added to my perspective. I hope to keep the car for a while.

That's the nice thing about being an overseas owner, I don't really need to worry about resale value. I could always get back what I paid for mine 2 years ago regardless of the mileage. There are currently 5 Marauders registered in Germany and whilst I'm sure you can get a better example from the States for a lot less than my asking price would be, it is a lot of hassle to export, ship and register a foreign car over here. Most people are not willing to go through that effort when they can just buy one that's already here. However it would probably take a while to find the right buyer because these cars are simply unknown over here, many people have never even heard of the Mercury brand, let alone the Marauder.

But again, rarity doesn't equal value. Best example for that is my project car, an Australian imported Ford Fairlane which is the Australian version of the Lincoln Town Car if you will. My car is the only known example on the entire European continent and yet I still managed to pick it up for $2000 at an estate auction because nobody knows what it is.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Agree with most all above and can only add, Low Mile "Garage Queen" Marauders should earn +$3,000 to + $8,000 dollars over very clean and well cared for DD's for all the things that haven't been done to them.

While each finds their own auto qualities important (Paint, Interior wear, cleanliness, dings) even at an easy to calculate .05 to .10 cents per mile, a 20,000 mile "Garage Queen" car should bring an easy $5,000 over an 80,000 mile car. (BTW - This doesn't mean that YOU would pay it, it means that the market would pay it).

Paint, Interior, and wheels on these cars is so expensive, that it is indeed far cheaper to pay more for a cleaner car than it is to fix one up.

And someone flamed long ago about this (and I agreed with them), a "low mile" car has little to do with a cars age, and the old 12,000 miles per year national average.

Any car that has 100,000+ miles (many will argue it is 60,000 miles) is just a used fricken car, and cannot be considered a "Low mile" example. It may be a cool used car, but a used car none the less.

And wait, for the flamers... yes, if you have a bone stock '57 Bel-Air Chevy two tone Hawaiian tan over cream hardtop that has been in your family since new, and it has 90,000 miles... YES you can call that low miles BUT the same example with only 30,000 miles will bring you $30,000 to $70,000 more from a collector.

Our cars are cool. Many are 90,000+ mile examples that have the patina of use. These are COOL used cars. If a 90,000 mile CV/GM is worth $5000 then yes a Marauder should be worth twice that. Most ads though are a little unrealistic: I saw a MM for sale with 130,000 miles that needs paint, has tears in seat and center consol, scuffed wheels and the seller touted the MMs rareness and was asking $13,000. Cray Cray.

I think the value of our cars are going to rise quickly in the next five years. Time to buy more REAL low mile, extremely clean Marauders!
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 04-05-2017 at 08:21 PM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Any car that has 100,000+ miles (many will argue it is 60,000 miles) is just a used fricken car, and cannot be considered a "Low mile" example. It may be a cool used car, but a used car none the less.

Our cars are cool. Many are 90,000+ mile examples that have the patina of use. These are COOL used cars. If a 90,000 mile CV/GM is worth $5000 then yes a Marauder should be worth twice that. Most ads though are a little unrealistic: I saw a MM for sale with 130,000 miles that needs paint, has tears in seat and center consol, scuffed wheels and the seller touted the MMs rareness and was asking $13,000. Cray Cray.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I have, almost surely, one of the more beat up MM's on the site. 90% of that was my doing, the other 10% is the toll that living in MN almost it's entire life has taken on her.

My car is banged up, rusty, squeaky, and generally tired. It also has 205k miles on it and has NEVER left me stranded. In the 30k miles I've had her I've done nothing but routine repairs that are to be expected on something this age. Even with all that, I STILL get people checking the thing out. To me, my car is staying with me for these reasons:

It's paid for.
    It's cheap to insure.
    It's comfortable and quiet (while cruising, of course).

For those reasons, and the ability to wipe the smiles off snot-nosed Honda Civic drivers, I'm quite sure my beast will be with be until it rots out or blows up.

Oh, and I would be lucky to get $2k for my car. Hardly worth my time to sell given how much I enjoy hearing her fire up every day!

People in 1977 had no idea what their busted and rusted late 60's muscle cars were worth in another 30 or 40 years. Jesus I am tired of hearing this same worn out story of how our cars are nearly worthless and will never be worth ****....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information