Thread: Columbus WI Grocery Store Awesome story

Columbus WI Grocery Store Awesome story

We have had 18" of snow here last week, and the roads are still messy. I go to the local store to get a pizza and found a super clean black MM in the parking lot. The car has stock rims and tires on it and looks like it just came from the show room. So I waited around to talk to the owner figuring it would be some car person. Well, I was wrong. Through the deep snow/ slop covered parking lot comes a shopping cart being pushed by a little grey haired lady. I'd guess in her 70's. She tugs that cart over to the MM and pops the trunk. I went over to talk to her and complemented her on how nice her car looked. She bought it new and it has 50k on it. I asked her how it does in the snow, she said OK. As I watched her drive away I noticed the rear wheels start to spin, the stop and the car crept along the snow. I wonder if it was an 04 with traction control? Anyway, I laughed to myself as I remembered the last thing that little old lady told me. "If you step on it, this car really goes!" Too bad the car was out in the snow and salt. Still, what a cool Marauder sighting!

Eric
    "Everyone's a winner at the ATM!"

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A: 25k (new to me 10-25-08)
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A: 6k (purchased new on 12-8-03 sold on 7-30-04)

09 Chevy Impala. Company fleet issued turd

Thats a good one! I've met two old guys around here, probably mid eighties, that had no clue what they had and could care less talking about them!
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

That's HILARIOUS!! Man, I'd LOVE to be able to BUY one like that someday..."IF you step on the gas, this car REALLY GOES!!!!..." YES it does, Granny, YES it does!!

Nice! Very nice story. I wish she were my grandma.

Thread Information