Thread: P0133 O2 slow response and P1406 (EGR DFPS hose off Plugged)

P0133 O2 slow response and P1406 (EGR DFPS hose off Plugged)

Hey guys, I have a P0133 Upstream Oxygen Sensor circut slow response, this is after correcting a vac leak at a leaky injector o-ring in the intake.

The O2 sensors are new, and fuel trims seem perfect.

LTFTs are 1.0 exactly, STFTs switch from around .096-1.04... Seems like mileage has been improved since the recent changes.

Also have a P1406 , EGR DFPS hose off or Plugged. Visually everything is still hooked up and no leaks were found.

I've reset the codes and it still comes back with the P0133 and P1406?

Both upstream O2 sensors are new as of March-ish.
    The EGR was replaces in May. All motorcraft parts.

Both issues occured when I found and replaced the leaky fuel injector o-ring.

I found the leaky FI o-ring by pressurizing the intake tube using a big PVC cap plummed with an airtool fittingand a rubber coupler.

It was pressurized fro 16-18 PSI.

Initially after fixing the vac leak it had some codes I wasn't too concerned about since I was preparing the car to get back to MO's for a tweakage of the tune and such. MO's got the car in great running order and addressed some shift schedule stuff and all was perfect.

These two codes started on the trip back from MO's.

So I'm wondering if my pressurizing the intake might have dislodged some grime or something and got it stuck in the EGR vaccum lines? I'm gona pull off the lines and check for blockage and such.

Wouldn't explain the P0133 though?

Any ideas?

It might take some time for you car to re adjust because its running richer now. How long have you drove it since your fix?
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

Mike, when did this start?

We can adjust the 02 transport delay and that will probably fix the 02 slowness.

Hey Marty! Car has been acting altogether more awesome, even in this hotter weather.

The code started a hundred miles or so after leaving your shop. Jeff verified fuel trims before leaving and he seemed to think they were abnormally perfect.

I have monitored them myself on a couple of occaions since and they seem good every time I look at em.

Tell Jeff he left his flashlight in my car and I have been meaning to send it back to him, keep forgetting. I've been paying for my Friday off with some looong days this week, LOL!

If ya'll want to send an adjustment to these "transport delays" you speak of, it would certainly be appreciated

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SIZEMOREMK View Post
    Hey Marty! Car has been acting altogether more awesome, even in this hotter weather.

The code started a hundred miles or so after leaving your shop. Jeff verified fuel trims before leaving and he seemed to think they were abnormally perfect.

I have monitored them myself on a couple of occaions since and they seem good every time I look at em.

Tell Jeff he left his flashlight in my car and I have been meaning to send it back to him, keep forgetting. I've been paying for my Friday off with some looong days this week, LOL!

If ya'll want to send an adjustment to these "transport delays" you speak of, it would certainly be appreciated

Thanks!
    We will get on it.

Please send me your serial number for your hand held via e-mail.

Thanks.

Thread Information