Thread: Head Lights

Head Lights

I'm looking for replacement head light assemblies. Both driver side and passenger. What are your recommendations?
    Mine are starting to show age.
    TIA

Google "2004 mercury marauder headlight assembly"

I have a used aet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Head Lights

What are you asking for the pair?

Some members here may have an OEM or aftermarket set for sale. Otherwise, you can try eBay or Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNick View Post
    I'm looking for replacement head light assemblies. Both driver side and passenger. What are your recommendations?
    Mine are starting to show age.
    TIA

I got mine from Ebay

Aftermarket Depo brand seem to fit well and TYC(think that's the brand) are acceptable from what I've read. Most others need fitting to the space as the quality is meh.

My buddy was over today with his '04. It's a silver and parked outside and his headlights look like milk. He tried to do the DIY polish but he's too old for that crap. I am not sure these can be restored and suggested replacements. The small Mercury Waterfall logo is on his. Not sure if the repros have this? Who has what and what's your opinion and experience? Thanks.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

the mercury logo means factory headlight, aftermarket do not, DEPO and TYC brands seem decent
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

eBay search. OEM NEW are unobtainable. Aftermarket, good deals are available. Previously I found a new aftermarket sale for $165 shipped. Even if they only last 5 years, this is a pretty good deal.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I have wet sanded headlights I thought were garbage and looked brand new when done, a little elbow grease goes a long way.
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

If you go the polishing route, I recommend the Sylvania kit. I've used it a few times and works a lot better than any other brand!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

If yours are just cloudy on the outside and not scratched, you should just try a using a
    fine rubbing compound. I have and made some look like new.

If you refinish the headlights you need to replace the U coating that you sand off. If you don;t the headlight lenses will be cloudy again in no time.

There are good kits on the market that work well.

I've used the Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restorer Kit with good results.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    My buddy was over today with his '04. It's a silver and parked outside and his headlights look like milk. He tried to do the DIY polish but he's too old for that crap. I am not sure these can be restored and suggested replacements. The small Mercury Waterfall logo is on his. Not sure if the repros have this? Who has what and what's your opinion and experience? Thanks.
    I have a car with one tyc light, and when ive had that car driving behind me i can see that the lens allows the light to scatter. The rubber trim gets to be a super hard plastic and tends to warp. My honest opinion is that the aftermarket lights might look good for a few years, but they are junk.

I have restored 4 sets. 600 800 1000 1500 wetsand with water running over them the entire time to get the old plastic away so you dont ruin or scratch the surface. Then shoot them with standard automotive clear coat that is used over your body paint. They look new again. Whats great is the clear is cheap and you could probably do 40 sets of oem headlights with a pint of clear from the paint store.

The problem with old crusty headlights is the plastic on top is dead and needs to be removed. Buffing with gimmick headlight restores doesnt cut it, literally!
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Thread Information