Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caddy CTS-V

Silver_04 Guest

Caddy CTS-V

Had a CTS-V at work. The slight body changes make it one good looking car. Didn't get a chance to ride in it but the interior is fantastic and that Z06 plant barely fits between the fenders and a 6 speed. Ooo-la-la. Hope Lincoln does something like this with the LS.

Eh? You okay Silver?

Check your blood sugar lately?

The CTS-V has the Z06 engine in it? I thought they were just going to put an LS1 in it, but an LS6 is awesome. Too bad I would never consider one since I just can't get past the ugly exterior design of the CTS in general................

If Lincoln was to at least give the LS a 6 speed manual transmission, it would be a great vehicle to drive.
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    that Z06 plant barely fits between the fenders and a 6 speed.
    I thought it was an LS1 too. From everything I've read, it sounds like it was pretty jury rigged to get it together, the thing was designed for the V6 and this V8 version was an afterthought.

Lincoln really should do a lot of things .......
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

bigslim Guest
    Lincoln had the chance a couple of years ago. They had an agreement to sell a supercharged 350hp LS from Saleen but backed out. They figured they would lose sales on the supercharged Jaguar S-Type if they sold a blown LS. Also, Ford wimps out on a lot of performance cars.

Originally posted by bigslim
    Lincoln had the chance a couple of years ago. They had an agreement to sell a supercharged 350hp LS from Saleen but backed out. They figured they would lose sales on the supercharged Jaguar S-Type if they sold a blown LS. Also, Ford wimps out on a lot of performance cars.
    How can you say that other than the Vette/CTSV and now the GTO GM has practically killed performance

Fbody RIP........Impala SS Bbody RIP............. Silverado SS 5000+ounds and only 345 HP. And now the SSR with 290 HP when the concept had 330 HP

Now Ford has the New GT with 540 HP........Lightning with 380 HP........03/04 Cobra.........03/04 Mach1............Merc Marauder.................new Ford 500........Futura in 2006 and this is just Ford with the MM thrown in. I agree on that Lincoln needs something and fast I think the Mark XI concept would be nice.
    Accufab 65mm Throttlebody, 4.10 gears, and JDM Flipchip. Finally here.

In the future: total custom Twin Turbo at 15-18 PSI
    with Intercooler and 2003 Cobra Mustang lower end with Crank,Manley Rods, and 8.5 over1 Pistons.

14.976 @ 94.8 MPH 03 Marauder stock
    13.028 @ 104.6 MPH 02 Lightning JDM Flipchip,4# lower pulley, and Borla Catback. JLP Ramair, Oilbreather, JLP power pipe
    More to come

BlackHole,

ofcourse you're entitled to your opinion, but here is mine:
    I luv my Marauder, but even though it's one of the coolest looking cars on the road, I've had to put $3500 just to get it to turn a 13.5 sec ET in the quartermile. To me it's unfortunate that we live in the day and age when you have to drop a few grand into a new car that you've just spent 30K for to get it to turn 13's. And that's merely because Ford chose to put the rather small 4.6L V8 engine in a car that weighs well over 4,000 LBS.

I want soooooo much to own a 2005 Ford GT, but you won't even be able to touch one of them since Ford has chosen to make so few of them that there is going to be some serious price gouging being accomplished by all the Ford dealers who do get one of those cars. So unless you're a rock star, movie star, top sports pro, or an Arab oil tycoon, you're not likely to be one of the few who will be driving a Ford GT. So the Ford GT is just a dream, and can hardly even be considered a true production car.

I agree w/you that the Ford Lightning is pretty cool, and that is within reach of the average guy, but to me it's a slap in the face that a number of American car manufactures are producing pick up trucks w/engines that cannot even be had in regular production cars that are under 80K!!!! The same goes for Dodge. They've put a Viper motor in a pick up truck that costs 42K, while at the same time, you can't even own one of their cars w/that same 500 HP engine for less than 80K+!!!! What are you gonna do w/a 2 wheel drive pick up truck??? You can't plow snow w/it, nor can you even use it for a fast grocery getter in significant snow storm.

The new Caddy is very quick and atleast has some cubic inches under the hood like the Marauder should've had to begin with. If Ford can produce a 5.4L engine that will put out 500HP, then why can't they put that in a car that people who earn less than 100K can afford? Why do we have to pay 6 figures for a car that churns out 500HP, if you can buy a pick up truck for 42K that puts out that much HP? I think that's rediculous, and shows how out of touch car manufactures are w/their performance minded customers.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 12-14-2003 at 05:07 AM.

Silver_04 Guest
    Definately an LS6-405 horse. This car should move pretty good. The one we have is black-which I think is the only color a CTS looks good in. Very big brakes. I parked the Marauder next to it just to remind the Caddy it wasn't the only 300+ horse four door in the lot.

Yes,

you're correct about the engine and HP output of that new Caddy(but ofcourse you already knew that) but I just want to add that IMO your Marauder as well as all Marauders look a whole lot better than that new caddy does, or any other Caddy for that matter. So for the extra money that you would spend on the caddy, you can take and easily make a 450-500HP Marauder that would out handle that Caddy around the turns, and blow it away on the straight aways and in the Quartermile, and still have some cash left over. And ofcourse you would still have your marauder that will turn more heads than that Caddy will.

MMdriver03 Guest
    How much does this caddy cost and does it have a full frame ?

If I remember right it was 65,000-75,000. Don't know about the structure.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

bigslim Guest
    The Cadillac CTS-V will cost $50,000. That is before dealer mark-up. You better believe that the dealers will mark this car up because it will be a low volume car. And to Billy, the CTS has really grown on me look-wise. The CTS-V looks real aggressive with a deeper airdam, dual exhaust, and 18 inch wheels. I really like this car and have to give Cadillac some props for doing a car like this.

I'm on the wrong page, Caddy's with their CTS, CTV"S, CVS, whatever, wish they would name their cars like normal and not follow the crowd, I was thinking of the C something 2 pass. folddown conv.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

MMdriver03 and others,
    "How much does this caddy cost and does it have a full frame ?"
    1. As mentioned above, it will sticker around $50 LARGE. For my money, I would MUCH prefer a REAL Corvette to a CTS-V.
    2. NO, there is NO FRAME with the CTS-V; it is unibody with a gawd awful amount of reinforcement under the car, in the trunk and in the engine compartment just to withstand the stress of that big, powerful LS6 engine (for the Z06 Corvette, 405 HP).
    3. To all considering the CTS-V, save your money and mod the MM and come out with money leftover! OR buy a real sportscar -- buy a Vette!
    4. IMHO, what makes the MM so great is the redesigned (for 2003) full perimeter frame UNDER the car (ALL Panther cars starting in 2003). Performance cars are built from the chassis UP. The frame gives us that SOLID fell with very little body flex and it will take whatever engine you can stuff under the hood, incl 5.4L with a revised hood.

GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

I agree w/you that the Ford Lightning is pretty cool, and that is within reach of the average guy, but to me it's a slap in the face that a number of American car manufactures are producing pick up trucks w/engines that cannot even be had in regular production cars that are under 80K!!!! The same goes for Dodge. They've put a Viper motor in a pick up truck that costs 42K, while at the same time, you can't even own one of their cars w/that same 500 HP engine for less than 80K+!!!! What are you gonna do w/a 2 wheel drive pick up truck??? You can't plow snow w/it, nor can you even use it for a fast grocery getter in significant snow storm.
    The reson you see Hot Rod trucks is that trucks follow lighter emmisions and gas millage laws then cars do. You don't pay guzzler tax on trucks.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information