Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back in a Marauder!

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderman View Post
    First off-- Congrats on your new find purchase and WTG on getting head over into it and getting -r-done back in shape and on the road--I am IMPRESSED --as a lot of folks are as well here reading this am sure--towards your energy and desire to fix the car right.

However, Am perplexed about this guys remarks below:

Yes I realize he made some comments that were better but ---really--
    --apparently guy failed to realize this is a Marauder forum and doesn't think
    that's what we do here .......further nice to see you did not
    paid attention to him --- all of us are thinking highly of your pursuit as we --watch and follow your impressive attitude you have- nice of you

Please continue to keep us all posted ..........carry on......
    Thank you for the kind words!

I don’t think he meant anything negative by it, just that some people would spend what I spent on the Marauder on a commuter car and not care less about the car. We are enthusiast here so it’s a whole different world!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    However, Am perplexed about this guys remarks below:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    "------just think for $5000 you could have bought a beat up old Honda Accord or Hyundai with over 100,000... or some other dealer back lot rattle trap..........."
    Yes I realize he made some comments that were better but ---really--
    --apparently guy failed to realize this is a Marauder forum and doesn't think
    that's what we do here .......further nice to see you did not
    paid attention to him --- all of us are thinking highly of your pursuit as we --watch and follow your impressive attitude you have- nice of you

Please continue to keep us all posted ..........carry on......

for the record: I was paying him a compliment and I too! am cheering him on. The "just think" comment was a bit of sarcasm directed outwards towards the rest of the whole wide world that doesn't understand Marauders or Panther fans. It's the kind of thing we all would hear from 99% of our co-workers, relatives...etc...who look at cars as a mere appliance.

(I'm fixing one too. An Early 2003)

Hey CV97 - are you going to do the timing chains/guides while you are at it changing the head gasket? Also a good time to do the oil filter adapter...I'll be following this thread to see which cooling mod you do, thinking of doing one on mine, which has (131,000) on it now...but there are a few different cooling mod versions out there....
    Thanks bud!

I have all new guides and steel tensioners installed, I did reuse the chains as they were fine. when I make my thread for the rebuild I’ll have all that info in it, I’ll post the link here as well.

I am using the ON3 COT delete and running rear head cooling mods on the rear of the d/s and p/s heads. I will also show more of this in my build thread. Basically I’ll be routing the d/s Head back to the radiator and the p/s Head will feed the heater core.

some people would spend what I spent on the Marauder on a commuter car and not care less about the car. We are enthusiast here so it’s a whole different world!

You got it!!! I have less in my whole car horde than if I walked in and bought some new Hyundai/Kia/Toyota melted-bar-of-soap at a dealer. There's no heart in those Maytags.

I'm also looking at the (username) Zack cooling mod (search on the forum here) as well as ON3 -wondering what your thoughts (and the group's thoughts) are on that one. Appear to be a few advantages to Zack's set up...I definitely will do some kind of mod.
    Last edited by Agent2006; 06-01-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    some people would spend what I spent on the Marauder on a commuter car and not care less about the car. We are enthusiast here so it’s a whole different world!

I'm also looking at the (username) Zack cooling mod (search on the forum here) as well as ON3 -wondering what your thoughts (and the group's thoughts) are on that one. Appear to be a few advantages to Zack's set up...I definitely will do some kind of mod.
    If you are keeping the stock crossover tube then Zack’s kit is a good solution for a rear cooling mod. I believe Travis, username Musclemerc, may be making some of his which are similar to Zack’s as well.

Any solution is good as long as it gets coolant flowing in the rear of the head!

Getting closer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post

Getting closer!!!

Come on man! You’re only another 1 1/2hrs to start up! Put the camera down and pick up a wrench..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

Come on man! You’re only another 1 1/2hrs to start up! Put the camera down and pick up a wrench..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously! I need to get off my backside and get it done!

Without further delay:

It runs and kinda drives. I was able to run it long enough to check for leaks and get the cooling system burped (way easier now without the stupid crossover tube). Have to work out a few kinks and then it needs a tune. Still on the fence between Dyno or mail order from Marty...wish I lived in GA.

Nice finish!!!! And Martyo is where you Go! No Poll necessary--you will be happy and service is backed...…...
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Beautiful job on all Above! Thanks for the washed and clean photo follow-up! Car looks sweet.

While DYNO is awesome... +197 on Marty and getting tunes from him.

Simply call him. He has tuned three different cars for me. We (I) had two consecutive issues on the last car, neither of which had anything to do with Marty or his tune/products. One issue was on car I had just purchased day before -- a #5 COP failure on 19,000 mile car ON $&@%#*^>€ TUNE TEST DRIVE immediately after tune install--seriously, what are the #%<}€*¥£ odds of that? I was about to MELT, and Marty called me back and calmly helped me diagnose it, on a Sunday, as he knew I was 1700 miles from home. Car was fixed in 13 minutes the next morning, after walking accross street to Ford dealership parts department at 7:30am for new COP.

Can't beat Marty for his prices, his customer service, or his calm, cool, and collected assistance.
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 07-14-2018 at 10:58 AM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderman View Post
    Nice finish!!!! And Martyo is where you Go! No Poll necessary--you will be happy and service is backed...…...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Beautiful job on all Above! Thanks for the washed and clean photo follow-up! Car looks sweet.

While DYNO is awesome... +197 on Marty and getting tunes from him.

Simply call him. He has tuned three different cars for me. We (I) had two consecutive issues on the last car, neither of which had anything to do with Marty or his tune/products. One issue was on car I had just purchased day before -- a #5 COP failure on 19,000 mile car ON $&@%#*^>€ TUNE TEST DRIVE immediately after tune install--seriously, what are the #%<}€*¥£ odds of that? I was about to MELT, and Marty called me back and calmly helped me diagnose it, on a Sunday, as he knew I was 1700 miles from home. Car was fixed in 13 minutes the next morning, after walking accross street to Ford dealership parts department at 7:30am for new COP.

Can't beat Marty for his prices, his customer service, or his calm, cool, and collected assistance.
    Thank you both!

I did decide to go with Marty and my X4 with the first tune will be here Monday!

Forgot to tell you to chose "8" from the 1 to 10 shift firmness scale...

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Forgot to tell you to chose "8" from the 1 to 10 shift firmness scale...
    That’s funny, because that’s exactly what I did!

Cleaned up the Marauder yesterday, not much new to report, I’ve been just enjoying being able to drive the car with 8 cylinders. I am starting to gather parts for my next mod, I’ll post an update when that starts to fall in to place.

Good find, and I'd say a good price with the rebuilt trans.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Figure I may as well keep posting updates here as well.

Finally was able to assemble the parts and get the time to finish my next big project I alluded to.

I don’t know why I waited so long to do this, what a blast!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information