Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MM TV Commercial

Question MM TV Commercial

Does anybody have a copy of the MM commercial a while back? I was telling my son about it, but would like to show it to him..
    "Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien

This is only fokelore. We've heard about the commercial, but no one has ever found it. Write to MTV - they may still have a copy if you tell them when you saw it.
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

I loved it... all two times that I saw it back in January.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    From what I understand, the only place a MM specific commercial was shown was on Speed Vision
    There were a couple of Mercury commercials where a MM was in the background, one being passed by an Aviator, but none of those even mentioned the MM
    If you find the Commercial, let us know
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Re: MM TV Commercial

Originally posted by Second Wind
    Does anybody have a copy of the MM commercial a while back? I was telling my son about it, but would like to show it to him..
    Ummm...I'm just a bit confused. If you're asking about a MM "commercial" like amyone would expect to see on brodcast TV between programs, I've never seen any such broadcast, never before heard of one before either. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just haven't heard about one.

But, there have been cable programs which highlighted the MM in a 10-12 min "special" broadcast. At "www.kennybrown.com" you can follow links to a SpeedChannel broadcast from June of '03.

The automotive magazine "AutoWeek" produced it, and you can download a copy from the KB site, or, call Kevin at Kenny Brown (317.247.5320) for your own copy on CDRom.

BTW, the MM you will see, is the #1x.

i remember seeing a commercial on regular broadcast tv before the mm came out, thats what turned me on to it. it featured the mm in a parking garage backing into a stall and the cars on either side of it kind of leaned away from it as if they were afraid of it. awesome commercial, thats when i knew i had to have one
    06 300C SRT8
    03 MM Gone

I do remember seeing a commercial for the MM...it showed the car prowling slowly around in a parking garage, exhaust rumble very prominent, until it pulled into an empty space. The camera zoomed out to show the cars on either side actually move sideways (through the magic of computer effects), as if to give the MM more room...I only saw it a couple of times and didn't even realise what the car was until much later...

edit: OOPS...looks like bugsy beat me to it...well, nice to know it wasn't a crack-induced hallucination!
    Last edited by RF Overlord; 11-28-2003 at 05:17 PM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Marauder Commercial

There was a commercial shown inside FoMoCo a while back. Kind of cute, shows an MM in a parking structure, with other cars "making room for it". I made a Windows Media file from a videotape, kind of rough, about 1.5 meg that I can send if you have ability to take it. PM me with your email address if you are interested.
    SeaBreeze

Member # 319

2004 MM 300A (2nd Marauder!)
    Dark Toreador Red / Light Flint Interior
    Acceleration Therapy: TRILOGY #191 (Eaton M-112)

Re: Marauder Commercial

Originally posted by seabreeze
    I made a Windows Media file from a videotape, kind of rough, about 1.5 meg that I can send if you have ability to take it. PM me with your email address if you are interested.
    Work with someone to post it here...a LOT of us have wanted a copy of this ad...I remember it...it ran several times on Speed Channel in the spring of '02 while I was waiting for my Marauder to be built.

Originally posted by bugsys03
    i remember seeing a commercial on regular broadcast tv before the mm came out, thats what turned me on to it. it featured the mm in a parking garage backing into a stall and the cars on either side of it kind of leaned away from it as if they were afraid of it. awesome commercial, thats when i knew i had to have one
    OMG, you are correct, bugsy, thanks! I forgot all about this episode, and once you described it, it all came back to me. Hmmm...I wonder where we all could get a copy of this.

Ummm...I wonder if Paul T. Casey feels like writing another letter...

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    The parking Garage one is the commercial that appeared on Speed Vision. It did not air on regular broadcast TV.
    Yes, if there is a way of linking to it for this site, please do
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Please...WE gotta have this MISSING LINK !

Did you guys

receive an owners manual on a CD when you bought your Marauder? I did, and the introduction at the begining of the CD is pretty cool. It shows the Marauder doing some minor burnouts w/some heavy metal type music in the backround. And the prase "302HP" flashes a few times on the screen too. I've always wondered if that intro on the CD was taken from a Marauder TV commercial. Because it does look like a commercial.

I saw it once....once
    2017 Niro

Re: Marauder Commercial

Originally posted by seabreeze
    There was a commercial shown inside FoMoCo a while back. Kind of cute, shows an MM in a parking structure, with other cars "making room for it". I made a Windows Media file from a videotape, kind of rough, about 1.5 meg that I can send if you have ability to take it. PM me with your email address if you are interested.
    If you e-mail it to me at martin@oglaw.net, I would be happy to host it on my website for a while. Just a thought....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information