Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What made you want a marauder??

My mother had a '70 Marauder back in the late 70's early 80's. I always like BB high performance vehicles. When Ford announced the Marauder I kept my eye on them. In 2004 as my gift to myself for my daughters college graduation I bought my MM new. Still puts that big silly-ass grin on my face everytime I drive it.... like this morning! Will never get rid of mine.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Interesting......

Quote Originally Posted by jsignorelli View Post
    I was at the New York Auto Show in December of 2003. The car just spoke to me.
    I went to the local Lincoln-Mercury dealer that April of 2004. The salesman never heard of a Marauder. When I told him that it was indeed a Ford product, another salesman said he thinks he had a flyer. I sat with salesman #2 and ordered the car.
    It arrived in mid-May.
    I started to modify it by mid-June. It has been a work in progress... along with five Mustangs.
    Lol dude done lost a sale sales guy #1

Son was in Basic and I was charged with driving his GM once a week to keep the kinks out...

Pulled into a store and when I came out a Black MM was parked next to....

I thought "What a good looking car",noticing the "darkened" lenses and shiny Rims...

Noticed the "Marauder" on the bumper and did an internet search when I got to work.

Waited 2+ years for a silver to pop up locally, would have paid whatever as I really,really wanted one.

I daily drive mine now, and have had (having) many "Smiles per Mile"...

I have love the Marauder ever since this one and only commercial aired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiblN0d-8pY

It just conveys the "don't f$@# with me" attitude that the looks of the car commands.
    Last edited by Sully008; 07-23-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

After being hit by a drunk driver in my custom turbo Focus hatchback which was totaled, I knew I needed something bigger that was safe but also had some power and looked good.

As I browsed a local LM dealership's stock I saw a silver 2005 Lincoln LS which I really liked and then came across a silver 04 Marauder. I had no clue what it was but I was like wow that's badass and classy at the same time so I did my research, joined the forum and less than a week later I called the dealership to see if they still had it on the lot, if so I wanted to come look at it and go for a test drive.

3 hrs after arriving at the dealership and $21,837 later I was driving home in it. Ex-wife which was the GF at the time was pissed at me cause I had bought myself a car on HER birthday. LOL

By far the best car purchase I have ever had in regards to the whole process at the dealership to owing it for almost 10 years now. Have a built motor that's been patiently waiting to be installed hopefully this year!

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Quote Originally Posted by cer0413 View Post
    I saw a drug dealer driving it and fell in love with how different it looked from the other cars on the road. No rims, and no sound system, just the car itself.
    And that's a true story.

That's funny because my story is pretty much the same as that.

I saw a drug dealer in my native Detroit driving one. I fell in love with the tone of the exhaust as he flew past. And then I saw another...and another...and another...mostly driven by people who I knew to be drug dealers. Most of the ones that I saw weren't modified (externally) beyond maybe some tint on the windows. I wanted one really bad right then. But the $35k price tag was a bit out of my budget as a full time college student.

Around 2006 or so I moved to mid Michigan and I stopped seeing Marauders, and I forgot all about them. Fast forward to Feb 2015, my wife was bugging me about buying another car. I couldn't figure out what type of car I wanted, until 1 night I was talking about college and then the word "Marauder" came out of my mouth.

I immediately took to Craigslist and MM.net (after Googling: Mercury Marauder) to try and find one that I could afford. After searching tirelessly for about 5 or 6 weeks, I found a 300A in March that was in excellent shape, with less than 110k, that needed absolutely no work done to it, that I could afford, and I've been enjoying it ever since. I intended on using it as DD, but it's too unique for that so I drive it MAYBE 3 times per week...MAYBE. So I'll be looking for a winter beater pretty soon.

I think one of my coworkers here in Indiana was more jacked about my car than I was when I got it, especially when he found out about the Lidio tune on it. If you go to Lidio's site, that particular coworker is the owner of the 2008 Green Mustang Bullitt in the "Customer Cars" section. Even the guys at the Ford dealership were drooling all over it when I took it in for an oil change.

I guess this was my introduction to MM.net. I'm enjoying my membership in the "Marauder Owners" fraternity, and look forward to it for years to come. On that note, I'm thinking about boosting it...but I'm not 100% committed to it yet.
    Last edited by PapaDoe; 07-23-2015 at 12:46 PM.

My dad brought home a used MERCURY PARKLANE convertible he bought on a whim. Years later, when I started to drive he let me use it because as a young driver I'd be so safe in it. Little did he know..... I LOVED IT!! It was big and sounded so good! I loved stepping on it and feeling the power. It turned a lot of heads at stoplights and got me lots of offers for a little red light racing to and from my job at the Mall. I was so hooked! My next few cars like OPEL and CELICA didn't do much for me, just a means to get from here to there. So my love of driving something big and bad faded into the past along with that big MERC.

Fast forward to 2003, now married and commuting 50+ miles a day in a car I hated, (Crown Vic), I told my husband I wanted something really great to drive. I wanted to have fun behind the wheel again. Being an avid reader of all the car magazines, Eric told me what I needed was a MERCURY MARAUDER. A what?? In October of '03 we went to our local Ford/Mercury dealer and ordered an '04 in Silver Birch. What can I say, I have my super smart, super awesome husband to thank for steering me to the best car I've ever owned. Eric promised me I would love my new MARAUDER and like most things, he was right. I did and I do! Shades of my youth in Dad's big MERCURY!
    Thanks again, Mr. Man! And thanks, Dad!
    Last edited by Ms. Denmark; 07-25-2015 at 08:16 AM.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Smile

Hi LG88

I am a Town Car guy by nature and was in the market for a new (to me) car as my old 92 Town Car was getting a little tired and don't really like the whale shape but do like the Grand Marquis shape, so after looking at a few I thought "Why have a Grand Marquis when you can have a Marauder?"

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDoe View Post

I saw a drug dealer in my native Detroit driving one. I fell in love with the tone of the exhaust as he flew past. And then I saw another...and another...and another...mostly driven by people who I knew to be drug dealers. Most of the ones that I saw weren't modified (externally) beyond maybe some tint on the windows. I wanted one really bad right then.

I lived in Michigan for a year working as a temp near Detroit. Used to see a few Marauders driving around. And one used car lot had like 5. They sure were popular in greater Detroit for a time.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Always liked the impala SS, always hated optispark and that garbage light interior. in came the Marauder. Sent away for the factory brochure. the smoking wheel on the cover of the fold out poster along with the DVD had me hooked. I cut out a pic from the dealer info cards and had it hanging in my garage since 03.... fast forward to 2012. Got a new job and was finally making adult money. so about late 2013 after my school loan was paid off i started my search. March 2014 i got me a black 03. basically is came down to 3 reason.. 1. body on frame. 2. Rear Wheel drive. 3. 300+ horse power.

1983 Hurst / Olds 2016 OCA Nationals Best in Class winner
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    1970 Buick GS Stage 1
    2003 300A Car #2053
    14.6941 e/t @ 97.53 mph w/ JLT intake & MartyO tune

I graduated class of '02, starting hearing about the Marauder later that fall. For a good part of my youth I drove a white 96' Crown Victoria LX. Loved that car, though I kept wishing it made more power. I was in love with the Marauder the more I read about it and occasionally saw them around town here in Washington state. I remember the local Lincoln-Mercury dealer having one for $19000 around 2005-ish but I was 21 and making like $10 an hour, so that one went. As the years went on I'd check Craigslist every now and then just to see what the local market was like and the listings became fewer and fewer as time went on. Flash forward to early March, 2015 and on a slow Sunday at work, I happen to check Craigslist and sure enough there's a Marauder for sale at the local Dodge dealership. This was the best chance I'd ever have, not making $10 an hour anymore . I test drove it, fell in love all over again, and I've been happy with it since.

I always liked the Impala SS, like others have said, and had the Maurauder DVD, etc., but didn't think I could afford it. In July 2003, we drove past North Park Lincoln Mercury and they had a bunch of black and blue Marauders (blue didn't look near as good). My wife foolishly suggested that we test drive one and that was it. 128K miles later, I'm still loving it and getting attention all the time. I'm a little OCD, so can't let it get dirty; most people don't believe it's 12 years old

I was looking to replace my 1994 Thunderbird LX and had always liked the styling on the Crown Vics and Mercury Grand Marquis. However, I just wasn't ready to transition to a GrandPa car just yet. My son saw the FORD "Blackhawk" concept in a car magazine and alerted me to it. Later when the Mercury Marauder debuted, he kept pressing me for a test drive. In October 2003, I finally succumbed to the outside pressure and found a Blue MM in Fairfax, VA. Had looked at a Crown Vic LX Sport the same day but was not thrilled. Took a test drive in the Blue MM and the wife was thrilled. Came home with it the same day for $27,500. I think the dealer just wanted to get rid of year end models that didn't suit his MGM/Town Car gray hairs. The son was pissed that I got a Blue MM until we figured out about 4 months later how rare they were. Now he is anxious for me to roll it over to him when it hits 70K miles. It is really at 95K but I am not letting him know !!!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Nice! Got that btw, work on it commencing soon!
    Oohh yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mercur View Post
    Same story for me. I was in high school when they came out! So I settled for a Mustang GT. When I brought the car, there was 5DTR's 1SB and 4 Black on the dealer lot. Years later, I was able to buy one. On my Second Marauder now...
    5Dtr's??? Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaDoe View Post

I saw a drug dealer in my native Detroit driving one. I fell in love with the tone of the exhaust as he flew past. And then I saw another...and another...and another...mostly driven by people who I knew to be drug dealers. Most of the ones that I saw weren't modified (externally) beyond maybe some tint on the windows. I wanted one really bad right then. But the $35k price tag was a bit out of my budget as a full time college student.

Around 2006 or so I moved to mid Michigan and I stopped seeing Marauders, and I forgot all about them. Fast forward to Feb 2015, my wife was bugging me about buying another car. I couldn't figure out what type of car I wanted, until 1 night I was talking about college and then the word "Marauder" came out of my mouth.

I immediately took to Craigslist and MM.net (after Googling: Mercury Marauder) to try and find one that I could afford. After searching tirelessly for about 5 or 6 weeks, I found a 300A in March that was in excellent shape, with less than 110k, that needed absolutely no work done to it, that I could afford, and I've been enjoying it ever since. I intended on using it as DD, but it's too unique for that so I drive it MAYBE 3 times per week...MAYBE. So I'll be looking for a winter beater pretty soon.

I think one of my coworkers here in Indiana was more jacked about my car than I was when I got it, especially when he found out about the Lidio tune on it. If you go to Lidio's site, that particular coworker is the owner of the 2008 Green Mustang Bullitt in the "Customer Cars" section. Even the guys at the Ford dealership were drooling all over it when I took it in for an oil change.

I guess this was my introduction to MM.net. I'm enjoying my membership in the "Marauder Owners" fraternity, and look forward to it for years to come. On that note, I'm thinking about boosting it...but I'm not 100% committed to it yet.
    It was meant to be.

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information