Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I present to you the first and the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    That is no different than putting a pink interior or wagon wheels.
    Sorry, ruined the car.
    I AGREE! Plus, why is putting a Government bailout GM old style pushrod/spark plug wire engine an upgrade?

MercChev? ... MarChev? ...

I would personally prefer to see "... a pink interior or wagon wheels", or a 500 Cadillac - or big block Buick. I do admire the engineering involved.

====================
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Quote Originally Posted by NXSBOB View Post
    I AGREE! Plus, why is putting a Government bailout GM old style pushrod/spark plug wire engine an upgrade?

Probably because even that truck motor makes more HP and TQ with a broader power and torque band than the motor that came with the car factory?

If not that, a head/cam swap, which is cheap enough to be a crime, puts it on an entirely new level altogether....

Desecrating a Marauder with a Chevy engine makes me want to throw up. I'd rather have the pink interior and wagon wheels.

why would you ever want an engine that has far more potential than a mod motor?

waiting to be blown
    You can run all your life but not go anywhere
    positive manifold pressure leads to coitus

Quote Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
    Desecrating a Marauder with a Chevy engine makes me want to throw up. I'd rather have the pink interior and wagon wheels.
    X2, I don't get it either.
    Trilogy # 226!

Sorry guys, went to another shop to tie up the swap, so not 100 percent yet. Reprogramming you will need because of vats. I really am sad to see my 4.6 go but I do feel the 6.0 will be a better fit with my wants and wallet. Currently getting the h/c installed as well as a "sleeper" truck manifold. Dyno/street tune before panther nationals, so numbers will be coming. Looking for 400 or close n/a. Bottle hopefully will put me at 500 to the wheels on a motor/trans built for war.

Total cost involved for me was around 7k...but that's basically paying twice for some things, brake and suspension mods to support it, super clean install. Someone could do a basic install if they plan it for sub 3k and be where I'm at or beyond if they do their own install/work.
    Ms. Jackson
    300A
    Single cam conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmud View Post

Glad to hear you'll have it done before the Panther Nationals... I'm going down there on Saturday and hang in the parking lot.

OZ

2003 (300B)
    Build Date: 01/07/03
    Delivered: 07/14/03 @
    Crossroads Ford Lincoln Mercury
    Frankfort, Kentucky
    Adopted: 11/23/09 in Missouri

#6483 of 7838
    Black/ Light Flint (1 of 115)
    Original Stock

Your car your money modding is to the taste of the owner and this is NICE!! 400rwhp all motor ...500 with spray. This is something I will consider when my motor goes

I would have never considered this, except I was continually having problems with the operation of the motor. Motor/trans ended up being fine but for how long?

You can't argue with 400 hp, torque curve as fat as the marauders butt and an owner who has no regard for resale. As long as its American, I can buy parts/get work done by Americans and has hot, nasty speed like America...I feel downright proud and patriotic with the swap...(turning off red,white and blue soapbox now)
    Ms. Jackson
    300A
    Single cam conversion

Quote Originally Posted by burtreynolds View Post
    I would have never considered this, except I was continually having problems with the operation of the motor. Motor/trans ended up being fine but for how long?

You can't argue with 400 hp, torque curve as fat as the marauders butt and an owner who has no regard for resale. As long as its American, I can buy parts/get work done by Americans and has hot, nasty speed like America...I feel downright proud and patriotic with the swap...(turning off red,white and blue soapbox now)
    Couldn't agree more. Just post vids of the car in action if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark Marauder View Post
    Glad to hear you'll have it done before the Panther Nationals... I'm going down there on Saturday and hang in the parking lot.

OZ
    I'll see ya there! May be "dash less"
    Ms. Jackson
    300A
    Single cam conversion

Any updates?

#1. These cars aren't that special, there is 11 THOUSAND of the things out there, "ruining the car" is a stupid ass post. Doing this in a Cobra R? yes...in that case you'd be an idiot.

#2. I love these cars, and I love mine. But the fact is, a 4.6L DOHC N/A makes jack **** for torque compared to a 6.0L pushrod. Had we been blessed with a tuned down eaton setup from the factory? Maybe things could be differently said.

#3. At least he didn't do a f'n 2JZ. Its still american muscle.

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

I thought about 2jz...

It's done and getting detailed right now in the ol garage for panther nationals show tomorrow. Sounds like a race boat now.
    Ms. Jackson
    300A
    Single cam conversion

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information